CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SEC Network - Directv (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206118)

b381l 04-25-2014 09:37 PM

SEC Network - Directv

A poster on TBS who manages hotels across the southeast contacted Directv and wants to use them in the hotels.....but said the deal required them to get the SEC network. He was given strong assurances by them that was going to happen. So he signed with them with a clause that they pay him if they don't.
His post sounded very legit.

Spurrier_Superior_One 04-26-2014 08:50 AM

Re: SEC Network - Directv

I hope so since I got Directv.

JerseyBird 04-26-2014 10:32 AM

Pretty cool - as I've posted before I'm sure it will happen but probably not until the last couple weeks, the way things usually work out :wink:

JAYBEZ 04-26-2014 10:54 AM

I am not worried about directv getting it, I am worried about potential cost. I would rather it be free like NFL network. (Just the channel not Sunday ticket)

b381l 04-26-2014 11:33 AM

ESPN and CBS will still carry a majority of the most important weekly games.
I think Directv will add it to their sports pack and add a few dollars....I just don't see them being able to charge that much for "second tier" SEC games.

CockyCyclone 04-26-2014 12:10 PM

I wouldn't ever sign something like that on an assurance from a company they would do something but I guess I'm a cynic. I switched to dish from direct and I'm pretty happy, as long as you don't want Sunday ticket dish is far superior in terms of having college networks and games. Plus watch espn now too which is nice.

nin_usc_freak92 04-26-2014 08:07 PM

It's a matter of time thing. Let them work out the deal and realize they'll make more together than they would without each other, and it'll all be fine.

Look back at how DirecTV handled the whole Viacom situation 2 years ago.

Spurrier_Superior_One 04-26-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAYBEZ (Post 4144008)
I am not worried about directv getting it, I am worried about potential cost. I would rather it be free like NFL network. (Just the channel not Sunday ticket)

We already get the B1G Network without extra charge on Direct so hopefully the SEC Network gets the same treatment

b381l 04-26-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAYBEZ (Post 4144008)

I think the cost will be minimal for the first couple of years to see what the ratings look like. The estimated money going to the schools the first couple of years is not that much.