CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Browser change (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206175)

Wingman 04-29-2014 01:59 PM

Browser change

My daughter installed Firefox on this computer. The installation went fine.

Using Firefox, I went to CT. My userid / password was not entered as it normally is when you check 'Remember me?'. I don't remember my password. I tried a couple of values but I only have 3 remaining chances.

Using IE, I went to CT, thinking that I could change my password so that I can use Firefox to access CT using the modified password. Problem - I have to remember my current password to change it.

Any advice?

Jwilson 04-29-2014 02:07 PM

Re: Browser change

Dabo Punted.

aftertwobowls 04-29-2014 02:17 PM

When you enter the wrong password it gives you a message "Forgotten your password? Click Here!". Then you type your e-mail address in and it should send you an e-mail to change your password. I think you could also go into IE somewhere and find your saved passwords, but Idk exactly how to do that. Also, if you're changing browsers, I prefer Google Chrome.

Chrome>Firefox>IE

johnnyb 04-29-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 4145762)
My daughter installed Firefox on this computer. The installation went fine.

Using Firefox, I went to CT. My userid / password was not entered as it normally is when you check 'Remember me?'. I don't remember my password. I tried a couple of values but I only have 3 remaining chances.

Using IE, I went to CT, thinking that I could change my password so that I can use Firefox to access CT using the modified password. Problem - I have to remember my current password to change it.

Any advice?

From firefox, click on the I forgot my password link, it should email you the option to reset it thru the email you originally set up

rioninusc 04-29-2014 02:38 PM

If cockytalk login gives you the option to copy&paste the password from IE you can do it that way as well.

sandstorm2001 04-29-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aftertwobowls (Post 4145775)
When you enter the wrong password it gives you a message "Forgotten your password? Click Here!". Then you type your e-mail address in and it should send you an e-mail to change your password. I think you could also go into IE somewhere and find your saved passwords, but Idk exactly how to do that. Also, if you're changing browsers, I prefer Google Chrome.

Chrome>Firefox>IE

I used to use Firefox and changed to Google Chrome after I got a new computer. I ended up switching back to Firefox because I find that it has fewer bugs and is more secure. I don't notice any difference in speed. Just my experience.

Wingman 04-29-2014 10:17 PM

The latest crisis in the world has been solved. Now CT'ing using Firefox.

Thanks for your help.

kingoftheroost 04-30-2014 06:08 PM

I feel Mozilla shouldn't be rewarded after what happened to that guy, so I won't use Firefox.