CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206177)

Big-Cock 04-29-2014 03:04 PM

USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
South Carolina finished in the top five for conference and top 10 for cfb. :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...ce19-336726529

Gamecocks1137 04-29-2014 03:05 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Awesome, maybe one of these days we can almost fill it up, like Alabama does.

Big-Cock 04-29-2014 03:09 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4145808)
Awesome, maybe one of these days we can almost fill it up, like Alabama does.

I think that may take a NC and not scheduling it when the lady in black is running.

jrussjr 04-29-2014 03:40 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Cock (Post 4145810)
I think that may take a NC and not scheduling it when the lady in black is running.

Amen!!! I know of bunches of ppl that opted for the race instead of spring game, although their hearts were torn, the race was "for real points". Nonetheless, an impressive turnout!!!

COCKYWOOD 04-29-2014 03:44 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Spring game, Masters, Darlington and 4 Wide NHRA in Charlotte. Tough drawing a crowd.

Big-Cock 04-29-2014 04:25 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Yeah different weekend different story. Still gotta give the fans props that did show.

Big-Cock 04-29-2014 04:27 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
I do find it funny that people talk crap about the SEC but yet the numbers never lie. Even for spring games.

Eutaw Kid 04-29-2014 06:11 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
I was traveling thru Greenville a couple of days before the Clemsux spring game and there was this big push on their sports radio station for attendance to their spring game to outdo Carolina. I'm curious to know how that turned out. The jockeys were really making a huge deal out of it and how important it was for their program.

athenscock2 04-29-2014 06:41 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
0-6. You gotta do something and ole plywood and little roy toy are doing their part.

Gamecocks1137 04-29-2014 07:29 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eutaw Kid (Post 4146020)
I was traveling thru Greenville a couple of days before the Clemsux spring game and there was this big push on their sports radio station for attendance to their spring game to outdo Carolina. I'm curious to know how that turned out. The jockeys were really making a huge deal out of it and how important it was for their program.

Be curious no more, their side failed on all area's when it comes to Spring Game attendance.

JAYBEZ 04-29-2014 09:17 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
There must be absolutely nothing to do in ohio. OSU charges 20 dollars per ticket to their spring game and they drew 60k.

Rebel4ever 04-29-2014 10:37 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAYBEZ (Post 4146207)
There must be absolutely nothing to do in ohio. OSU charges 20 dollars per ticket to their spring game and they drew 60k.

That's 1.2 million to their program. Maybe that is a solution to paying players a stipend. Charge fans 10-20 bucks a ticket and we can be the ones who are paying them and I think more of our fans would show up to help pay our players and it could help in recruiting, if it were legal, recruits might think, hey the Gamecock fans are willing to pay us for our talent. We had 30,000 I think and that is 600,000 bucks that could be split between the players, some of it at least. Eh, just an idea, never happen.

uscsandstorm85 04-30-2014 03:12 AM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Avoid the scheduling conflicts with Darlington and Augusta and we could have attendance figures similar to a non conference game.

Roosterdog 05-01-2014 08:04 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Sorry but I was at the spring game and there is no way in hell there were 36,000 people there. NO WAY!!!

uscfsu23 05-01-2014 09:01 PM

Re: USC in Top 5/10 spring game attendance
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterdog (Post 4147914)
Sorry but I was at the spring game and there is no way in hell there were 36,000 people there. NO WAY!!!

How many seats are in the lower sections? I was there as well and would say the west lower was 90% full, East about 30-40% and south 60%.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.