CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   James Franklin being investigated (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206183)

JDRAY^# 04-29-2014 07:12 PM

James Franklin being investigated
 
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ilt-commodores

A new defense filing in the case involving rape charges against four former Vanderbilt players claims that current Penn State coach James Franklin contacted the alleged victim shortly after the incident, according to a report in the Tennessean.

Defense attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg -- one for four former Commodores charged with five counts of aggravated rape stemming from an alleged on-campus assault against a 21-year-old female student last June -- asked the the court to dismiss the charges because the prosecution failed to preserve key evidence.

In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vandy for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the alleged victim four days after the rape during a medical examination.

Franklin and Galt told the victim "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

Franklin, when reached by phone on Tuesday, repeatedly said he was "not interested in talking."

The other former players charged with rape in the case are Cory Batey, Brandon Eric Banks and Jaborian McKenzie.

Carolina4Life 04-29-2014 07:26 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
No wonder he got the hell out of there.

ReadR00ster 04-29-2014 07:56 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
And look where he wound up! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lol::lol::rotfl::rotfl:

ReadR00ster 04-29-2014 08:00 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDRAY^# (Post 4146081)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ilt-commodores

A new defense filing in the case involving rape charges against four former Vanderbilt players claims that current Penn State coach James Franklin contacted the alleged victim shortly after the incident, according to a report in the Tennessean.

Defense attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg -- one for four former Commodores charged with five counts of aggravated rape stemming from an alleged on-campus assault against a 21-year-old female student last June -- asked the the court to dismiss the charges because the prosecution failed to preserve key evidence.

In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vandy for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the alleged victim four days after the rape during a medical examination.

Franklin and Galt told the victim "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

Franklin, when reached by phone on Tuesday, repeatedly said he was "not interested in talking."

The other former players charged with rape in the case are Cory Batey, Brandon Eric Banks and Jaborian McKenzie.

... and after searching high and low she was only able to come back with 8 girls. :lol:

Spurrier_Superior_One 04-29-2014 08:48 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4146130)
And look where he wound up! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::lol::lol::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh the irony.

robgusc76 04-29-2014 09:01 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Never been a fan of James Franklin. Seen him act like a child too many times on the sideline and I know some other stuff about him that made me dislike him even more.

MWard 04-29-2014 09:45 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
whether at tenn of vandy, they love dem hoes.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/file...plesSI.com.jpg

rioninusc 04-29-2014 10:18 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Hope the NCAA will do the right thing and punish the HC, but Vandy will probably get post season ban, and lose some schollies. Same ole BS no one cares about. Coach goes free at Penn ST.

cockymac 04-29-2014 10:27 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Penn State doing their homework again... Not.

Acockolypse Now 04-29-2014 10:57 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
15 pretty girls at Vandy?

Right.

Jbsc88 04-29-2014 11:34 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MWard (Post 4146230)
whether at tenn of vandy, they love dem hoes.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/file...plesSI.com.jpg

LMFAO :clap::clap::rotfl::rotfl:
Of course that never happened here in TN (wink, wink)

Cockypantherfan 04-29-2014 11:53 PM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Everyone loves the hoes.

Lonnie 04-30-2014 12:03 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4146321)
Everyone loves the hoes.

Not Snoop Dog...

G's up, hoes down, while you mother #$&@^#&$ bounce to this....

JaxcockFL 04-30-2014 09:24 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4146274)
15 pretty girls at Vandy?

Right.


Google Vandy cheerleader photo booth. She's on the list.

treys1986 04-30-2014 09:34 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
If this investigation of Franklin gets bigger, Penn State could pull the plug on him in my opinion. You have to think after the last deal, they don't want to be associated with anything else.

Ericvol2096 04-30-2014 09:44 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Told everyone who would listen this was going to come out at somepoint. That guy is a bad bad person.

JaxcockFL 04-30-2014 10:08 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Vandy fitting in as a true SEC school.

3MTA3 04-30-2014 10:13 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Well, obviously this is completely false.

We've had many members on this board swear up and down that Franklin is a class act, he does things the right way.

StretfordEnd 04-30-2014 10:28 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4146481)
Well, obviously this is completely false.

We've had many members on this board swear up and down that Franklin is a class act, he does things the right way.

Have people over here seriously said that?

3MTA3 04-30-2014 10:33 AM

Re: James Franklin being investigated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StretfordEnd (Post 4146487)
Have people over here seriously said that?

I'm not going to name names, but yes.

I could be wrong about specifics, but I think there might even be a mod that has been very vocal to this tune, as well.

I could be wrong, which is why I don't want to name anyone specifically, but I know there have been quite a few to say things along these lines.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.