CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Shaq Gets Owned Like a Chump After Cruelly Mocking a Man for the Way He Looks (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206208)

TheUniversityofSC 04-30-2014 05:10 PM

Shaq Gets Owned Like a Chump After Cruelly Mocking a Man for the Way He Looks

taylorssc 04-30-2014 05:21 PM

Re: Shaq Gets Owned Like a Chump After Cruelly Mocking a Man for the Way He Looks

who is shaq?

ccured 04-30-2014 05:27 PM

Re: Shaq Gets Owned Like a Chump After Cruelly Mocking a Man for the Way He Looks

the NBA has to act. Shaq must be removed from NBA tv

3MTA3 04-30-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4146971)
the NBA has to act. Shaq must be removed from NBA tv

If the NBA has a contract that includes language stipulating that NBAtv employees not act in a way that is detrimental to the league, and also the NBA determines Shaq's actions are detrimental to the league, then maybe they will...

FlorenceCock 04-30-2014 05:51 PM

This guy obviously has health issues associated with his condition so it would be nice if Shaq manned up and helped the guy out with them.

B-G 04-30-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4146962)
who is shaq?

Oh I get it.

eightohhthree 04-30-2014 09:24 PM

Yeah its one thing to make fun of someone for being an idiot, its another to make fun of someone's physical appearance that they can't help. If Shaq walked a day in this man's shoes, he'd change his tune really quick.

robgusc76 04-30-2014 10:23 PM

Used to have some respect for Shaq...How quickly that vanished.

2000grad 04-30-2014 10:46 PM

Serious question here...is that man's condition similar to what that kid from Mask had?

taylorssc 04-30-2014 10:53 PM

warriorchief 05-01-2014 03:02 AM

Poor guy. Lost a lot of respect for those celebrities after that video. I know they apologized and everything, but they should've never done it in the first place. Hope he gets his message out there and his anti-bullying thing takes off.

Stories like this hit a little close to home. Always tried to help out with the F-Troop and T-Warriors at my high school as much as I could. Those were the two "special" classes for those with mental and developmental challenges, and all of the students in those classes were absolutely amazing. Plus, my oldest sister works at the Tribble Center, a center for adults with the same disabilities, in Seneca as a workshop director. She helps a group of both mentally and developmentally challenged people ranging from roughly 30-60 years old. Typical daily "routine" activities (cleaning, getting ready, etc), projects to help with motor and communication skills, and things of that sort. Her people mostly have "moderate" disabilities. Slight step above "mild", but not "severe".

If I get some free time during the late morning or early afternoon, I try to swing by and visit with them. She always tells me that they normally enjoy anybody they meet, but anybody big or tall... they absolutely adore them. I'm 6'4 and a touch over 300, I'm lucky enough that they absolutely love me when I visit. And I have to say... nothing will melt your heart faster than one of the shyest people there smiling and reaching out for a hug as soon as they see you... because you know they truly mean it.

rolinb1 05-01-2014 09:08 AM

Awesome post Chief!! My sig is not a personal attack! just fun

johnmcclane 05-01-2014 10:16 AM

this makes my heart heavy. man, this sucks.

ScottK 05-01-2014 10:27 AM

Luckily for him he didn't say anything about anyone's race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaichon 05-01-2014 10:29 AM

14,000 likes on Shaq's post. It's a jacked-up world. That's 14,000 people that need their ass beat - starting with Shaq.

COCKYTALKIN 05-01-2014 11:37 AM

Lifetime ban. Shaq isn't even senile yet.

usc1 05-01-2014 12:12 PM

Shaq may be a big ass dude but this guy is a much bigger man than he'll ever be.

darthtripous 05-01-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4147400)
Luckily for him he didn't say anything about anyone's race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup. Funny how most Americans prioritize who they can like/dislike and make fun of.

bobbycock 05-01-2014 12:34 PM

two words for those mocking this man....no class.

Mr.101 05-01-2014 01:17 PM

Is it at all possible that Oneal thought he was just making a funny face and not a deformity?