CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Injuries,Sickness, Georgia Series (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206241)

GabbieM 05-01-2014 03:46 PM

Injuries,Sickness, Georgia Series

Looks like Caldwell is staying home.

Shrock & Bright are traveling. They're rusty and probably won't play... Shrock much more doubtful than Bright though.

Gore & Arendas are both sick and traveling separately away from the other teammates. Respitory or something..

Seddon is being spoken about playing infield or something, not sure.

We can't catch a break. Invaluable bat being sick in Arendas is yet another major blow to us. Kid has great at bats generally, that gets the pitch count up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbydH...ature=youtu.be

Roosterboy 05-01-2014 04:00 PM

Re: Injuries,Sickness, Georgia Series

Def. not good news.
Hope the guys get healthy, but we are starting to run thin with guys.
If those four are out, we have a huge hole at second base....unless we move Mooney to second, Pankake back to short, put Pike in at 3B.

As far as the outfield, we may see Brock Maxwell and Zach Madden in the field.

Gamecocks1137 05-01-2014 04:37 PM

We are having the same problem Florida had with football last season, except we are still excelling.

usc1 05-01-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4147758)
Def. not good news.
Hope the guys get healthy, but we are starting to run thin with guys.
If those four are out, we have a huge hole at second base....unless we move Mooney to second, Pankake back to short, put Pike in at 3B.

As far as the outfield, we may see Brock Maxwell and Zach Madden in the field.

Madden is out for the year, but I imagine we'll see Harrington.

Wingman 05-01-2014 05:43 PM

Put me in, coach. I'm ready to play...first base (my position in LL about 100 years ago).

GabbieM 05-02-2014 12:32 AM

for those wondering, there will be video for all three games.

friday - allaccess
sat - espn3/css
sunday - allaccess

the all access will be from georgia, so be prepared for their announcers.

Cocklover 05-02-2014 08:26 AM

Also, the Saturday game here in Columbia will be on Time Warner Cable channel 506.

scfastpitch 05-02-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4148201)
Also, the Saturday game here in Columbia will be on Time Warner Cable channel 506.

The USC web site said channel 506 , but that's actually the old channel that was used for the CSS broadcasts . It appears to be channel 326 now , but who knows what T-W will do ?

GabbieM 05-02-2014 12:17 PM

All I know is when I see "CSS" and think about Time Warner, I instantly just go to ESPN3 these days. Such a hassle.

usc1 05-02-2014 12:25 PM

Literally down to our 4th string 2B. Schrock, Arendas, Gore all out

uscnoklahoma 05-02-2014 01:26 PM

Heading over at 4:30. Hopefully, we can pull the series out. Just my luck though I get sick so I won't be able to give em as much hell as I normally would. Hate a mangy dog.

scfastpitch 05-02-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4148341)
All I know is when I see "CSS" and think about Time Warner, I instantly just go to ESPN3 these days. Such a hassle.

I just went to T-W's online chat to try and find out if they are showing the game . I was talking to "Thad" who sounded suspiciously like a computer . After I gave all the particulars on the game , teams involved , date , time , etc. Thad came back and asked "Is it the South Carolina spring game ? " . I said "no' and about 5 minutes later he asked "Is it Virgina Tech and Georgia Tech ? " I gave up .

GabbieM 05-02-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfastpitch (Post 4148481)
I just went to T-W's online chat to try and find out if they are showing the game . I was talking to "Thad" who sounded suspiciously like a computer . After I gave all the particulars on the game , teams involved , date , time , etc. Thad came back and asked "Is it the South Carolina spring game ? " . I said "no' and about 5 minutes later he asked "Is it Virgina Tech and Georgia Tech ? " I gave up .

Exactly, haha.

So now we have Arendas hit by a ball.. so while being sick, he's definitely out with a physical injury. Hope Mooney is on his game tonight like last Sunday, along with some of the other guys that have been a bit slower. Hopefully our guys will actually make the pitcher work tonight.. not liking this situation injury wise.

FearThethumbandDJ 05-02-2014 10:06 PM

why are we cursed

Roosterboy 05-02-2014 10:49 PM

Whelp that went about how I expected.
Hard to win when you have virtually half your starting lineup hurt.

GabbieM 05-03-2014 02:01 AM

Regardless of who's hurt.. tonight could have been much better if we didn't swing at every first pitch.

Player wise (not positions), the only player who was out tonight vs last Sunday was Arendas. We had 17 hits or something like that.

Correct that last statement if I'm wrong though.

I believe what officially ended the game for us were those two errors on throws to first base. Still should have had a better plate appearance though.