Dawn talked with media yesterday to wrap up this past season. She also gave some insight into next year. Some of the things I found interesting:
1. She's already talking to the team about going to the Final Four and winning a National Championship.
2. She knows expectations will be high but thinks the disappointment at the end of this past season will drive them to get better. They've already had some intense post-season workouts.
3. Nobody seems to be leaving even though minutes will be hard to come by.
4. Starting spots will pretty much be an open tryout. She mentioned that Welch would probably keep that spot though she hopes that other players push her.
5. White/Duckett/Wilson will be here Summer I and Cuevas/Cliney, along with the rest of the team, should be here by Summer II. A'ja could be with Team USA for part of the summer.
6. They still need two more teams for their schedule. They needed 5 and have gotten 3. (On a side note, I've seen elsewhere that they will be in a tournament in the Bahamas over Thanksgiving. Uconn seems to be on the schedule from other sources and I'm not sure about UNC.)
7. Coach McCray had surgery as part of her treatment and will be welcomed back when she is ready.
The team this past season greatly exceeded expectations and I cannot wait for next year!
Re: WBB Wrap-up
Re: WBB Wrap-up
COLORADO Springs, Colo. - Four of the nation's top collegiate standouts, including Cierra Burdick (Tennessee/Charlotte, N.C.), Sara Hammond (Louisville/Mt. Vernon, Ky.), Jewell Loyd (Notre Dame/ Lincolnwood, Ill.) and Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina/Charlotte, N.C.) have teamed up to compete in the 2014 USA Basketball 3x3 National Championship, scheduled for May 9-11 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.