CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nick Chubb (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206284)

NJGCfan 05-02-2014 05:13 PM

Nick Chubb

This article makes me hurt

CoverTwo 05-02-2014 05:18 PM

Re: Nick Chubb

That article leaves out a big fact.

Spurrier was in Florida for the SEC meetings.

FlorenceCock 05-02-2014 05:18 PM

Wow...:roll:
Quote:

When asked which school was the biggest disappointment during the recruiting process, Chubb quickly responded, “South Carolina.”
“I had my date set (last spring) when I was going to commit to a school. All of sudden, I hear from South Carolina the next day, so I pushed my time back so I go down there and visit with those coaches. I pushed it back just for them.
“When I go over there to visit, Coach (Steve) Spurrier isn’t even there. So I waited a week and came back to visit again. And he’s still not there. I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like I was important to them.”
http://cmgajcrecruiting.files.wordpr...pg?w=300&h=234Missed opportunity? (AP)
Soon after, Chubb went ahead and committed to UGA. He’s happy with his decision, but admits it would’ve been a lot more difficult if not for the unlikely turn of events.
“It would’ve been close between South Carolina and Georgia because I grew up really liking South Carolina,” Chubb said.

ReadR00ster 05-02-2014 05:19 PM

We had no shot anyways. Spurrier was away on business, he can't cancel just for him. If he thinks he would he either has a big ego or just didn't like us enough to not let it effect him.

Cockypantherfan 05-02-2014 05:19 PM

It sucks I really wanted to land Nick. He is going to be a special running back. Plus, people could say "My cock is Chubb"

NJGCfan 05-02-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4148557)
That article leaves out a big fact.

Spurrier was in Florida for the SEC meetings.

True, but it's too bad that we could capitalize on an out of state 5* who grew up rooting for us. That doesn't happen very often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadR00ster 05-02-2014 05:29 PM

If he grew up an SC I wonder why he waited so long to visit, and I wonder why he didn't call or email to make sure he SOS was going to be there. It's not like he stays at the Stadium all day waiting for recruits to show up.

superfly 05-02-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4148567)
If he grew up an SC I wonder why he waited so long to visit, and I wonder why he didn't call or email to make sure he SOS was going to be there. It's not like he stays at the Stadium all day waiting for recruits to show up.

He said it all when he said he held off on his commitment to visit South Carolina. He was offered but waited that long to set up a visit and then after already making his decision and ready to announce it. Yea, right.He was considering us....NOT.

CockyGuy 05-02-2014 05:38 PM

No matter the reasoning Chubb is a BIG loss. I think part of it was folks were sure of Derrell Scott, and then after he chose Tennessee we lost out on BOTH backs..

ReadR00ster 05-02-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyGuy (Post 4148569)
No matter the reasoning Chubb is a BIG loss. I think part of it was folks were sure of Derrell Scott, and then after he chose Tennessee we lost out on BOTH backs..

He can't be a LOSS because we never had him.

CockyGuy 05-02-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4148571)
He can't be a LOSS because we never had him.

He can be a loss, because apparently he was considering SC. Regardless, of what people believe, I'm going off what HE says. And HE says that he was interested.

kingoftheroost 05-02-2014 05:43 PM

Shouldn't this be in The Locker Room?

ReadR00ster 05-02-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyGuy (Post 4148574)
He can be a loss, because apparently he was considering SC. Regardless, of what people believe, I'm going off what HE says. And HE says that he was interested.

That is nice that he was interested, but we had no shot. You believe too much what people say. The guy just wanted to meet Steve Spurrier and was upset when he didn't. He wasn't interested in USC he was interested in meeting the HBC. That is all.

behindenemylines 05-02-2014 06:33 PM

Davis, Wilds and Williams just said, "Who?!?"

RoosterBooster 05-02-2014 06:45 PM

First of all consider the source. Carvell probably had an agenda in writing that. Chubb did not schedule an official visit with us. He had made it clear he was going to UGA.

CockyGuy 05-02-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4148583)
That is nice that he was interested, but we had no shot. You believe too much what people say. The guy just wanted to meet Steve Spurrier and was upset when he didn't. He wasn't interested in USC he was interested in meeting the HBC. That is all.

Yeah and because he couldn't meet the HBC, he settled for Mark Richt??? It's old news anyway until he or Sony Michel goes 80 yds, and then it'll be brought up again...

ReadR00ster 05-02-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyGuy (Post 4148598)
Yeah and because he couldn't meet the HBC, he settled for Mark Richt??? It's old news anyway until he or Sony Michel goes 80 yds, and then it'll be brought up again...

I am saying he already made up his mind to go to UGA. It's nothing to do with Spurrier vs Richt. He wanted to meet Spurrier which why he was disappointed in his visit. It was the reason he showed up.

CockyGuy 05-02-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4148602)
I am saying he already made up his mind to go to UGA. It's nothing to do with Spurrier vs Richt. He wanted to meet Spurrier which why he was disappointed in his visit. It was the reason he showed up.

Understood..

CockyInGA 05-02-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyGuy (Post 4148598)

No, because he's a whiny little brat that didn't get what he wanted, so he made a decision out of spite.

Whaaaa whaaaa wahaaaa.

b381l 05-02-2014 07:05 PM

All this about Chubb not getting to meet SOS is very old news. Frankly, I think this makes him look immature. He should have been paying more attention to his position coach and the other players in the class.