CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2013-2014 Not Good (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206326)

Mt. Lattimore 05-05-2014 04:36 PM

2013-2014 Not Good
 
Folks, this was not a good year for USC versus our big rivals in the SEC East.

Georgia:
Football - Loss 41-30
Basketball - Loss 97-76, Loss 73-56
Baseball - Loss 3-1, Won 5-2, Loss 5-3

Florida:
Football - Won 19-14
Basketball - Loss 74-58, Loss 72-46
Baseball - Won 4-1, Loss 4-3, Loss 6-5

Tennessee:
Football - Loss 23-21
Basketball - Loss 72-53, Loss 59-44
Baseball - Won 3-2, Won 9-6, Won 8-0

Football: 1-2
Basketball: 0-6
Baseball: 5-4

Overall: 6-12

Not very good.

TKE226 05-05-2014 04:37 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Gross generalization by saying not very good. each sport is unique to itself

What I read from this: Basketball has a long way to go...

Gamecocks1137 05-05-2014 04:38 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore (Post 4150142)
Folks, this was not a good year for USC versus our big rivals in the SEC East.

Georgia:
Football - Loss 41-30
Basketball - Loss 97-76, Loss 73-56
Baseball - Loss 3-1, Won 5-2, Loss 5-3

Florida:
Football - Won 19-14
Basketball - Loss 74-58, Loss 72-46
Baseball - Won 4-1, Loss 4-3, Loss 6-5

Tennessee:
Football - Loss 23-21
Basketball - Loss 72-53, Loss 59-44
Baseball - Won 3-2, Won 9-6, Won 8-0

Football: 1-2
Basketball: 0-6
Baseball: 5-4

Overall: 6-12

Not very good.

It will be ok, no need for tissues just yet

gamecock88 05-05-2014 04:39 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
We lost to uga in equestrian as well. Heads gotta roll.

Mt. Lattimore 05-05-2014 04:45 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE226 (Post 4150144)
Gross generalization by saying not very good. each sport is unique to itself

What I read from this: Basketball has a long way to go...

Football: .333
Basketball: .000
Baseball: .556

.556 is not very good, neither is .333, certainly not .000

JerseyBird 05-05-2014 05:03 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecock88 (Post 4150147)
We lost to uga in equestrian as well. Heads gotta roll.

Human as well as equine!

JerseyBird 05-05-2014 05:39 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
On the plus side, we kicked the crap out of Mississippi State this season :woo:

JAYBEZ 05-05-2014 08:24 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore (Post 4150142)
Folks, this was not a good year for USC versus our big rivals in the SEC East.

Georgia:
Football - Loss 41-30
Basketball - Loss 97-76, Loss 73-56
Baseball - Loss 3-1, Won 5-2, Loss 5-3

Florida:
Football - Won 19-14
Basketball - Loss 74-58, Loss 72-46
Baseball - Won 4-1, Loss 4-3, Loss 6-5

Tennessee:
Football - Loss 23-21
Basketball - Loss 72-53, Loss 59-44
Baseball - Won 3-2, Won 9-6, Won 8-0

Football: 1-2
Basketball: 0-6
Baseball: 5-4

Overall: 6-12

Not very good.

Eh, I just don't care about this very selective sample size you have chosen. Basketball is awful at everything. Baseball has been riddled with injuries and is still looking at a national seed. And football is in its most successful time, ever.

On top of that. You can't do anything about the past so why worry yourself on what I would deem meaningless in this context.

cockymac 05-05-2014 09:43 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
And yet....football finishes #4 in the country, the baseball team is still playing, the mens basketball team will only get better, and the women's team is in the conversation of being a national title contender.

Oh, and 5 in a row and we swept them in baseball.

Rh Gamecock 05-05-2014 10:24 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore (Post 4150154)
Football: .333
Basketball: .000
Baseball: .556

.556 is not very good, neither is .333, certainly not .000

Football: it wasnt just .333, you said the SEC east right? I assume that would include every team from the East which would put us at 4-2.

EDIT: You said big rivals. Either way a very selective sample size.

A. Pilgrim 05-05-2014 10:29 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Having difficulty figuring out what the point of the OP.

What was the intent of this thread?

SanAntonioCock 05-05-2014 10:30 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
I wasn't aware Tennessee was a big rival in any sport.

Edit : Maybe women's basketball now.

uscsandstorm85 05-06-2014 03:21 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
I think a more accurate title would be Injury filled 2013-2014.

uscgamecocks88 05-06-2014 07:45 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Every sport is different. So many different factors that go into each of them.

We still finished #4 in football and are projected to be in the pre season top 10 and contend for the sec title.

Baseball is contending for a CWS run; been pretty solid all year.

Basketball sucks now but will improve over time.

I'm not worried about it at all. We will be just fine

Talon1 05-06-2014 08:15 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
apples and oranges. Stupid post...

PageUSC 05-06-2014 10:50 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
It amazes me how some of you will spin anything.

The OP posted straight facts about our record against our 3 big rivals in the East in the 3 big sports which are FACTS. You can't change them or argue them. It's 6-12. Bad not good but bad. Take the garnet glasses off for one minute. It helps.

trapper82 05-06-2014 11:10 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4150520)
It amazes me how some of you will spin anything.

The OP posted straight facts about our record against our 3 big rivals in the East in the 3 big sports which are FACTS. You can't change them or argue them. It's 6-12. Bad not good but bad. Take the garnet glasses off for one minute. It helps.

Not a great year against them, hard to argue against that.

3MTA3 05-06-2014 11:15 AM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4150520)
It amazes me how some of you will spin anything.

The OP posted straight facts about our record against our 3 big rivals in the East in the 3 big sports which are FACTS. You can't change them or argue them. It's 6-12. Bad not good but bad. Take the garnet glasses off for one minute. It helps.

This is not spin, but an honest question...

What the point of the thread, if not simply to piss on an otherwise successful football season?
I'm not going to suggest the basketball season was successful, and the baseball season is not yet complete.

TKE226 05-06-2014 12:01 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
To say 2013-2014 is "not good" because of a record against 3 teams is not accurate.

A season is not defined by 3 teams.

trapper82 05-06-2014 12:17 PM

Re: 2013-2014 Not Good
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE226 (Post 4150566)
To say 2013-2014 is "not good" because of a record against 3 teams is not accurate.

A season is not defined by 3 teams.

He didn't say the whole year was bad:

"Folks, this was not a good year for USC versus our big rivals in the SEC East."

You can argue that he should have made his title clearer, but that is not a requirement and the same could be said for many people. In his actual post, he made it clear it was against those particular teams.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.