CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   major FAIL by sony (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206334)

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 01:43 AM

major FAIL by sony

first, they implement the 1.7 update allowing preloading and they don't include their system-selling first party title (mlb the show 14) with that option.

then, they advertise that you'll be able to download the show digitally "anytime after 12:01am EST" on their marketplace store.

well...it's after 1am EST and the option to download the game i already paid for is STILL not there.

soooooo....given the fact that my PS4 (even hardwired) grabs a little less than half the download speeds that i can get on my computer or x1, and given the fact that it's now well past my bedtime and i won't be able to even START the daggum download until lunchtime tomorrow, i will be (hopefully) playing the show 8 hours+ after i could have been playing if i had just gone to gamestop in the morning and bought a physical copy.

i are pissed. highly.

not a good experience with my first digital download on the ps4.

major. effing. fail.

ReadR00ster 05-06-2014 02:15 AM

Re: major FAIL by sony

OMG. Life's a b. and then you die. Am I right or am I right?

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4150419)
OMG. Life's a b. and then you die. Am I right or am I right?

k.

good post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hoodrow Wilson 05-06-2014 03:56 AM

I thought about going to Wal-Mart to see if I could get it around midnight, but I figured the people there would probably have no idea what I was talking about.

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 08:29 AM

They didn't even put the game up on their servers. Un. Freakin'. Believable.

Looks like I'll be doing two things today:

1) picking up a physical copy.

2) going round and round with Sony until I get a refund for their digital abortion.

Should be a fun day.

GamecockNeal 05-06-2014 08:41 AM

If this is the biggest problem in your life than Im jealous haha. How about saying screw it and just going outside and playing real life sports or physical activity instead of wasting minutes of life on a video game.

A. Pilgrim 05-06-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4150465)
If this is the biggest problem in your life than Im jealous haha. How about saying screw it and just going outside and playing real life sports or physical activity instead of wasting minutes of life on a video game.

Quality iCocky post right there.
Did you forget which forum you were in?

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4150465)

This is a gaming thread. On a gaming sub forum. Context is always important.

Now, you may leave.

GamecockNeal 05-06-2014 08:51 AM

I confess that I did. I apologize. Now continue on with your mountain dew and bagel bites.

A. Pilgrim 05-06-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4150471)
I confess that I did. I apologize. Now continue on with your mountain dew and bagel bites.

Yay stereotypes!

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim (Post 4150473)
Yay stereotypes!

Amazing, isn't it?

I guess the irony of his position coupled with where he's preaching it is lost on him.

Such is the internet.

GamecockNeal 05-06-2014 09:26 AM

Fellas it was a joke..i told you i didnt realize it was a gaming forum from my phone..and yes, this is the biggest computer game country on earth so its not lost on me. Continue on.

ReadR00ster 05-06-2014 09:42 AM

I might not be buying another game until Feb. next year. I'm sure they you could have waited a couple of days until they get it figured out.

MisterClowney 05-06-2014 09:49 AM

wut

usc_yogi 05-06-2014 10:07 AM

They really botched this one somehow. There are a lot of mad people on the forums. I wouldn't bet on a refund.

ReadR00ster 05-06-2014 10:35 AM

They'll get it fixed, eventually. I doubt they'll give refunds. Maybe they'll get some kind of gift card or something.

ultimatetailgater 05-06-2014 10:45 AM

I get that this annoys you but this is hardly a major fail. You want to see what those look like go read about the diablo 3 or sim city launches.

rioninusc 05-06-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater (Post 4150517)
I get that this annoys you but this is hardly a major fail. You want to see what those look like go read about the diablo 3 or sim city launches.

I consider it a major fail because of the fact they know of Diablo 3/Sim city issues. If it was a first of it's kind I would be ah that's not that bad, but the fact they know what needs to be done now to get it out, it's a major fail.

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater (Post 4150517)

nah. it's a major fail. no reason to give a pass here.

diehardgamecock 05-06-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4150510)
They'll get it fixed, eventually. I doubt they'll give refunds. Maybe they'll get some kind of gift card or something.

they're telling people that they're refunding...quite a few posters over on operationsports.com have reported back after speaking with sony either on the phone or through their live chat.

of course, at this point, i wouldn't put it past them to be lying about giving the refunds to us...been a pretty big cluster so far.