CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Call, Bruce Ellington (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206360)

davisd9 05-07-2014 07:58 AM

The Call, Bruce Ellington
 


Great video of Bruce. What a great young man that I wish the very best for!

:woo:

Regalcock 05-07-2014 08:31 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
He is a class act!

Heard Mel Kiper say he is going to be a great second round selection as he was going through the wr's. Said he could see as many as 7 wr chosen in the first.

bcolinc 05-07-2014 08:44 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Damn sure gonna miss hearing them call "Bruuuuuuuuuuce" on gameday. He sure got up them steps in a hurry! Good luck to #23!!!

militarymind17 05-07-2014 09:07 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
BRUUUUUUUUUCE!!!:woo::woo:

tgobbel 05-07-2014 09:22 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
BRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCEEEEE!!!

PyroPepper 05-07-2014 09:27 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
That gave me chills. What a great ambassador for our university.

henmania 05-07-2014 09:56 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Bruce is an outstanding individual. Man, it seems like this draft day will never get here. So tired of waiting.

Gaichon 05-07-2014 10:11 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
That was great. Very happy for Bruce and his family.

eightohhthree 05-07-2014 10:11 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
This is going to be a fun draft to watch. Cant wait to see where our guys end up.

kingoftheroost 05-07-2014 10:37 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightohhthree (Post 4151125)
This is going to be a fun draft to watch. Cant wait to see where our guys end up.

Bruce is the one I'm most interested to see what happens. Clowney is Clowney, so we know he's going to be a top-5 pick, but I still get the feeling a lot of people don't realize how good Bruce is/can be, so when he'll be picked is unclear. Personally, I think he should go #60 overall with the team that is slotted to pick there getting him, but if he goes higher than that, I'll definitely be happy for him.

eightohhthree 05-07-2014 10:46 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4151137)
Bruce is the one I'm most interested to see what happens. Clowney is Clowney, so we know he's going to be a top-5 pick, but I still get the feeling a lot of people don't realize how good Bruce is/can be, so when he'll be picked is unclear. Personally, I think he should go #60 overall with the team that is slotted to pick there getting him, but if he goes higher than that, I'll definitely be happy for him.

I'm interested in Shaw too. I was sitting at the bar at Applebee's last week and the guy sitting across from me was raving about Shaw, talking about his guts in the Mizzou game. Said he really likes Shaw and wished his Packers would draft him to play behind Rodgers. I was ease dropping but I decided to join in on his conversation.

Now, this wouldnt be that big of a deal if I lived in Columbia still, but I don't. Many have taken notice of what Shaw has done, even though he doesnt have nearly the hype as some of the others. I think SEC QBs drafted will go in this order - Manziel - Shaw - Murray maybe Mettenburger.

kingoftheroost 05-07-2014 10:53 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightohhthree (Post 4151140)
I'm interested in Shaw too. I was sitting at the bar at Applebee's last week and the guy sitting across from me was raving about Shaw, talking about his guts in the Mizzou game. Said he really likes Shaw and wished his Packers would draft him to play behind Rodgers. I was ease dropping but I decided to join in on his conversation.

Now, this wouldnt be that big of a deal if I lived in Columbia still, but I don't. Many have taken notice of what Shaw has done, even though he doesnt have nearly the hype as some of the others. I think SEC QBs drafted will go in this order - Manziel - Shaw - Murray maybe Mettenburger.

I think I may have been unclear in what I was saying. I'm interested in all the guys, especially Shaw, but Ellington is the most intriguing to me.

GamecockSuperFan 05-07-2014 10:56 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
I honestly didn't expect to see what I saw Andre Ellington do at the next level, I expect bruce to go even farther.

henmania 05-07-2014 11:02 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
For as much as folks on here complain about Jr as a WR coach, he has put a lot of WRs in the league. Kenny, Sidney, Alshon, Jared Cook, Ace and now Bruce.

kingoftheroost 05-07-2014 11:13 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henmania (Post 4151156)
For as much as folks on here complain about Jr as a WR coach, he has put a lot of WRs in the league. Kenny, Sidney, Alshon, Jared Cook, Ace and now Bruce.

I'm indifferent, but to be fair, Rice and Jeffery were already great talents, Cook was/is a TE, and Sanders was picked up more because of his abilities in the return game.

FlorenceCock 05-07-2014 11:28 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
I noticed that they didn't show him playing basketball at all in the video. On 1400 the team they said that his agent and people are trying to distant him away from any mention of him playing basketball so I guess they are right.

3MTA3 05-07-2014 11:46 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4151183)
I noticed that they didn't show him playing basketball at all in the video.

Well, to be fair...its a video regarding his upcoming selection in the NFL draft.

One could argue that basketball highlights could further demonstrate his athleticism, but even still...it makes complete sense to focus on the sport that he is going pro in.

3MTA3 05-07-2014 11:48 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4151169)
I'm indifferent, but to be fair, Rice and Jeffery were already great talents, Cook was/is a TE, and Sanders was picked up more because of his abilities in the return game.

And Bruce was already an exceptional talent that was able to line up at pretty much any skill position and excel in high school.

Whats your point?

bhs04 05-07-2014 11:59 AM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
There are more than 6 red lights in moncks corner!

Like 10 or 12!

BeatBamaTwice 05-07-2014 12:11 PM

Re: The Call, Bruce Ellington
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhs04 (Post 4151198)
There are more than 6 red lights in moncks corner!

Like 10 or 12!

I'm sure he's talking about the downtown area, not North 52. Six is about right.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.