CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Could not resist this chance! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206411)

rdwylie 05-08-2014 09:07 PM

Could not resist this chance!

1 Attachment(s)
My boy with the #1 pick in the freaking NFL Draft!!!!

Attachment 12895

:clap:

Carolinafan8908 05-08-2014 10:14 PM

Re: Could not resist this chance!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yearofthegamecock 05-08-2014 11:06 PM

That's awesome man! Your boy will never forget that

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

jrussjr 05-09-2014 11:41 AM

I like his cap! Where did y'all get it?

ACPhilson 05-09-2014 11:54 AM

That's so awesome!!!

rdwylie 05-09-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4153366)
I like his cap! Where did y'all get it?

The wife says Walmart. The label reads Twins Enterprises. Hope that helps.

TaiwanCock 05-09-2014 03:04 PM

That's great. You should send a copy of the photo and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Clowney c/o the Texans and ask Clowney to sign it, so your boy can put it on his bedroom wall.

rdwylie 05-09-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaiwanCock (Post 4153510)
That's great. You should send a copy of the photo and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Clowney c/o the Texans and ask Clowney to sign it, so your boy can put it on his bedroom wall.

You think he would? That would be a keeper fo'sho!

TaiwanCock 05-09-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwylie (Post 4153544)
You think he would? That would be a keeper fo'sho!

IMHO worth a postage stamp and some printer ink. Clowney seems like a decent guy. I bet he doesn't only if it gets lost or Clowney just gets very busy. Otherwise try and catch him during his next visit back to Cola Town...?

rdwylie 05-09-2014 04:13 PM

The story behind the pic:

After the Spring game in 2012 they had the fan-fest thing with the inflatables and the "try on the uniform station" and kids activities all on the field. It was hot as blazes and the boy was playing football and running around with the other kids there while we waited for the lines at the inflatables to go down some. We outstayed most of the crowd and my son had just finished his turn at one of the activities. I got to him and we agreed it was time to head out. I turn and there came across the field from the locker room end Mr. Clowney himself. I think his mom was close behind him. He was carrying a young girl (maybe a relative) who wanted to play the games. He immediately drew a crowd. People were asking him to sign stuff and he was refusing (I think that was due to the scandal at OSU?). He came over and got in line with her and, as much as I hated to ask, not wanting to interrupt his time with the girl, I just could not let the opportunity go. I asked him to take a pic with my son.

To my great surprise he agreed, pulled my son to him, chatted with him while I was getting my camera phone out, and smiled for me, not once but twice. The second time was because I had to take a step back to get most of him in the frame (and I still lopped of the top of head). He was super gracious to everyone I saw his interactions with and took a lot of pics with kids and stuff. That left an impression on me. He was humble, patient, and accommodating. Very impressive for an 18 year old, highly-touted football player and a model for handling oneself with class and meekness (I'm looking at you Chode Kelly). His Mama did a great job.

rdwylie 05-09-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaiwanCock (Post 4153551)
IMHO worth a postage stamp and some printer ink. Clowney seems like a decent guy. I bet he doesn't only if it gets lost or Clowney just gets very busy. Otherwise try and catch him during his next visit back to Cola Town...?

I'm on it. Great idea.