CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lattimore Ready? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206439)

Carolina4Life 05-09-2014 09:41 PM

Lattimore Ready?

I see the 49ers just drafted a RB. What does that say about where Lattimore stands with the organization?

rosstheboss 05-09-2014 09:48 PM

Re: Lattimore Ready?

I don't assume it has anything to do with lattimore. could have more to do with lamichael james(hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts yet) or kendall hunter(who is only 5'7). You have to have 2 rb's now and gore is almost done. hyde and lattimore IMO

JDStud6 05-09-2014 09:50 PM

Yea that kinda surprised me as well. Hyde is a good RB and very similar to Marcus. Let's hope they're the future 1/2 punch (Marcus #1 of course)

JD

trapper82 05-09-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina4Life (Post 4153802)
I see the 49ers just drafted a RB. What does that say about where Lattimore stands with the organization?

He has never seen the field, and RB's can be hurt regularly. Some considered Hyde the best RB in the draft. I think it means they aren't sure what to expect from Lattimore after that last injury (none of us do really) and Hyde is too highly rated in their syste!m to pass him.

FanofCarolina1 05-09-2014 10:12 PM

Marcus got drafted while in rehab. I don't see San Fran getting rid of him anytime soon.

robgusc76 05-09-2014 10:27 PM

A "just in case" pick. Lattimore is said to be ok, but you never know till he sees real action. Plus Gore is pretty close to being done, so even if Lattimore pans out, now you've got a backup already in the stable for him.

The niners love their Tailbacks, and their a physical running team, so you can never have enough.

uscsandstorm85 05-10-2014 12:45 AM

It was just a win win insurance pick.

GarnetSwarm1990 05-10-2014 02:44 AM

Also might just be an insurance pick because Gore isn't getting any younger. He is about to turn 31 so.

burr 05-10-2014 10:25 AM

Team stats showed 'niners rushing 52% of plays, highest in NFL, so RBs are always welcomed, I would imagine. Personally, it will definitely be more (even more) motivation for our #28. i was hoping 'niners would ring up Bruuuuce since another team stat showed only two receivers catching TDs last season.

A. Pilgrim 05-10-2014 10:31 AM

Even Lattimore has said he doesnt have that first burst yet (he never had an explosive first burst to begin with...and i dont mean that as a criticism, just not his strongest point)

He said he likely won't get that back until he's actually on the field again.

cockymac 05-10-2014 10:32 AM

Someone posted a link on twitter last night where Lattimore said that he was not ready, physically or mentally. I was hoping that it was an old link, but it was dated for yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rcus-lattimore

gamecockphan 05-10-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4153810)
I don't assume it has anything to do with lattimore. could have more to do with lamichael james(hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts yet) or kendall hunter(who is only 5'7). You have to have 2 rb's now and gore is almost done. hyde and lattimore IMO

This is the correct answer. The Michael is done in SF.

Legalman72 05-10-2014 12:26 PM

Here's the full article. It's fantastic. And, in my understanding, Marcus is such a realistic young man. He won't concede he's 100% till he's had a number of games under his belt.

I wouldn't worry about it. We're going to see him carrying the ball this August. He needs to take a few sharp licks to get his confidence back.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...-knee-halt-nfl

Gamecocks1137 05-10-2014 01:10 PM

I have a feeling Lattimore is going to walk on the field this fall, and really make a name for himself. He is going to get at least 600 yards this year on the ground, at least.

GH 05-10-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockymac (Post 4154121)
Someone posted a link on twitter last night where Lattimore said that he was not ready, physically or mentally. I was hoping that it was an old link, but it was dated for yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...rcus-lattimore

Lattimore concedes that he still lacks the first-step burst, the explosiveness through the hole, that once helped him rush for 1,197 yards with 17 rushing touchdowns as a freshman at South Carolina. Lattimore suspects that part wont come back until hes on the field again and gets the adrenaline boost that comes from being chased by a defender.

GH 05-10-2014 01:22 PM

Rh Gamecock 05-10-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4154197)

Makes me miss having him on the team.

weatheredxtown 05-10-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burr (Post 4154117)
Team stats showed 'niners rushing 52% of plays, highest in NFL, so RBs are always welcomed, I would imagine. Personally, it will definitely be more (even more) motivation for our #28. i was hoping 'niners would ring up Bruuuuce since another team stat showed only two receivers catching TDs last season.

They did pick up Bruce

crowcutta 05-10-2014 06:55 PM

lattimore is still an unknown at this point, but its a value pick. you get the top rb on your board and both hyde and marcus are ready to contribute this season then theyll find a role for them with gore starting to get up there in age. then when gore moves on youre already set at rb without having to reach for either player.

Spurrier_Superior_One 05-10-2014 07:28 PM

Was shocked over the drafting of a RB in the 2nd so this might be an insurance pick since Gore has 2-3 good years left, Lattimore has been cursed with major injuries hadn't played a full season without some form of injury, so the pick made sense.