CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Connor Shaw is a Cleveland Brown!!! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206455)

GamecockBasedGod 05-11-2014 12:52 AM

Connor Shaw is a Cleveland Brown!!!

He announced it on Twitter, wow him and Manziel on the same team I never would have guessed anyway good job Connor one of my favorite Gamecocks of all time:clap:

M.C. 05-11-2014 01:05 AM

Re: Connor Shaw is a Cleveland Brown!!!

free agent?

GamecockBasedGod 05-11-2014 01:35 AM

Yea it was undrafted free agent

Spurball 05-11-2014 02:22 AM

All he needs is the chance!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BeatBamaTwice 05-11-2014 06:00 AM

Here's hoping Manzel's Garciaish type concerns are behind him but it appears that the Browns aren't totally convinced.

Braveguy06 05-11-2014 06:07 AM

Dang!!!! Cleveland is where Qbs go to die. I hate it for a great player like Connor

AtlGAMECOCK 05-11-2014 06:17 AM

Will be pulling for him , I am not sold on Johnny football he throws up a lot of prayers that will probably get picked in the pros

AtlGAMECOCK 05-11-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braveguy06 (Post 4154883)
Dang!!!! Cleveland is where Qbs go to die. I hate it for a great player like Connor

his attitude and work ethic is what that team needs , not manziel and his antics. I mean Manziel did the money thing while he was walking on the stage to take picture with Goddell , I dont see him bringing hard work and dedication to the the Browns.

AikenRooster 05-11-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braveguy06 (Post 4154883)

Those QBs weren't Connor Shaw. New Carolina, dude. They used to say USC was a coaches graveyard

The Yancey 05-11-2014 07:52 AM

I was surprise that the Browns took Manziel. I'm even more surprised that they then took Shaw. You don't need two of that style QB. One of them willl be gone in short order. Maybe they will trade Manziel for some real talent needed at other positions and keep the real deal with CS.

bobbycock 05-11-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK (Post 4154895)
his attitude and work ethic is what that team needs , not manziel and his antics. I mean Manziel did the money thing while he was walking on the stage to take picture with Goddell , I dont see him bringing hard work and dedication to the the Browns.

exactly. connor brings that blue collar hard work ethic to cleveland and the fans will love him.

GregoryHouse 05-11-2014 08:27 AM

Johnny Manziel doesn't work hard?

GamecockInHell 05-11-2014 08:38 AM

Manziel and Shaw have a lot of physical similarities so I guess Cleveland would make sense for Shaw.

BeatBamaTwice 05-11-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4154911)
Johnny Manziel doesn't work hard?

Yes, both Connor and Johnny are hard workers. It's just Johnny has a history of being more prone to distraction.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this is a great pairing. Their styles and skill sets are so similar, should one get hurt the offense won't miss a beat. And their running makes them both more vulnerable to getting banged up during 20 games with bigger and quicker defenses. Cleveland fans are in for a work ethics treat. Will Conner steal the show including the crown Mr. Football? Probably not. But we all know how hard Connor works, that he excels playing second fiddle, and it should be one heck of a show.

reddot8481 05-11-2014 09:00 AM

Clev had just inked VY andThigpen. Why then pick up two more running QBs? Though Conner could go the Hines Ward route.

JaxcockFL 05-11-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddot8481 (Post 4154933)
Clev had just inked VY andThigpen. Why then pick up two more running QBs? Though Conner could go the Hines Ward route.

Because you need some arms in camp to throw to all of the receivers that you have. When you cut 90 down to 75 and then to 53, you cut the camp arms too.

I hope you guys aren't thinking that Connor has a great shot to make the team, because his odds are very long. Not saying that he won't, but I wouldn't put money down. I think he has a better chance to make the practice squad and catch on somewhere if some qb's get hurt. There is a zero chance of Manziel getting cut this year.

TKE226 05-11-2014 09:44 AM

Where is Weeden? Is he still on the Browns?

I've not heard of Manziel being a slacker, other than he liked to party. Which is much less offensive than drugging it up with mary jane and what have you.

I hate to say it, but the odds are not great for Shaw. He will get a shot, but Cleveland may not be his place. Maybe some other team will pick him up.

Gamecocks1137 05-11-2014 10:18 AM

This is seriously the worst place Connor could have went. Behind a guy the browns drafted to be their franchise QB? Who has marketing power because Lebron James is already marketing the hell out of Johnny Manziel.

B-G 05-11-2014 10:23 AM

Weeden is in Dallas

myrtsmom 05-11-2014 10:44 AM

Any chance the Browns try Connor out at WR? (Sorry - not familiar with their strength/depth at that position.)