CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   **USC vs. Missouri GAME #3 Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206457)

Cocklover 05-11-2014 08:45 AM

**USC vs. Missouri GAME #3 Thread**

The game is at 1:30pm.

Once a link to the live video is out I will post.

South Carolina - Wil Crowe (Fr. RHP) 6-3, 3.15 ERA, 68.2 IP, 18 BB, 42 SO
Missouri - TBA

JerseyBird 05-11-2014 09:24 AM

Re: **USC vs. Missouri GAME #3 Thread**

Git Dat Sweep!

usc1 05-11-2014 09:29 AM

Gotta sweep today

Coulwoodwarlord 05-11-2014 09:35 AM

Wil Crowe has to do a better job today, there just no two ways around it. Our post season rest squarely on how well he finishes.

ThisMr X 05-11-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4154946)
Wil Crowe has to do a better job today, there just no two ways around it. Our post season rest squarely on how well he finishes.

He's done very well for us, minus that one pitch.

U-Dub Gamecock 05-11-2014 10:09 AM

Yep... Got to have that sweep... And take 2 out of 3 at Vandy, and a couple of wins in Hoover to have a shot at a national seed.

Ole Miss and LSU could lose a couple more conference games as well to help us.

GabbieM 05-11-2014 10:11 AM

As long as we get the sweep today and don't lose but one more (against vandy) in regular season, I think we have a chance since the "powers that be" take injuries into consideration come selection time.

It's obvious since shrock is back in the lineup we have been much better. If Bright can get back before Vandy, they will have their hands full with us. Same with the tourney.

usc1 05-11-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4154966)
As long as we get the sweep today and don't lose but one more (against vandy) in regular season, I think we have a chance since the "powers that be" take injuries into consideration come selection time.

It's obvious since shrock is back in the lineup we have been much better. If Bright can get back before Vandy, they will have their hands full with us. Same with the tourney.

Getting Bright back would make us full strength IMO. Harrington lately has been as good if not better than Caldwell in LF. Once Bright gets back it'll be interesting if they decide to bench Harrington or Cone but my guess is it'd probably be Harrington.

GabbieM 05-11-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4154976)
Getting Bright back would make us full strength IMO. Harrington lately has been as good if not better than Caldwell in LF. Once Bright gets back it'll be interesting if they decide to bench Harrington or Cone but my guess is it'd probably be Harrington.

The little bit I have watched Harrington in the outfield... he has missed a couple balls that should have been caught that bounced off the wall.. and there was one play where it looked like he gave up on a ball that should have been caught. Other than that, his bat has come alive thankfully and he's gotten much better.. he made a great catch yesterday!

I think the throw out at home by cone yesterday is causing great interest in his stock though. I think that alone may get him the spot since he had the base clearing double and has come through for us many times in the clutch. Back to the throw out at home yesterday... if the runner had a better jump it wouldn't have been an out though. Still a great throw right to Greiner.

I would guess Cone would take the spot unless his bat got really really cold in the post season. I think harrington,cone, and gore can come through at any time we need them though. With a little work.

catdaddy66 05-11-2014 11:26 AM

It good to have quality depth available for the post season as we get healthy for the home stretch. We are so close to being at our best and that is exciting! Haven't had the season we could have, had we stayed healthy. As the old saying goes, it's not where you start but where you finish.

Go Cocks!!!

SAETerrier 05-11-2014 11:29 AM

Let's get that sweep!

And Happy Mothers Day to all the CT mothers out there!

GabbieM 05-11-2014 12:08 PM

Okay guys. Here's the deal. a LOT of the Gamecocks fans use the links provided by Wiziwig for free of charge.

Here is today's video link: Link

The server is running very sluggish and without too much money to invest in servers, there is no guaranteed up time. Keep that in mind, and please try and at least be active in the following thread:
Link if you use the streams a lot. Even clicking the "thanks" button on posts there would be very appreciated. Ft spends a lot of his own time compiling lists of links for everyone for all teams. We are talking hours a day.

There are too many people putting the links all over social media and that jazz, further hurting the web server that the scripts run from to give free video.

donbgamecock 05-11-2014 12:37 PM

Lets get the sweep today. There is not a large lead for the top 6 teams. UF is definitely sitting in the winners circle of the east with little chance of getting bumped but its getting tight after that.

Cockhornleghorn 05-11-2014 01:44 PM

I think a win today, Citadel this week, a series win at Vandy and a couple of wins in the SEC Tournament will get us a top 8 national seed. That would give us 44 wins heading into the NCAA Tournament. It's amazing how many chicken littles have been acting like the sky is falling. Of course, a series win at Vandy won't be easy, but nothing worth having is easy to get.

rosstheboss 05-11-2014 02:09 PM

Must win. They're all must wins now. I hope Crowe is on today

weatheredxtown 05-11-2014 02:13 PM

3 up 3 down headed to the bottom of the 1st. 0-0

Gamecock87NC 05-11-2014 02:18 PM

May also do us some good to have a couple of ACC losses today...Ga Tech playing Virginia close right now and The Crablegs are trailing NC early

weatheredxtown 05-11-2014 02:19 PM

Gamecocks go down in order. 0-0 top of the 2nd

Gamecock87NC 05-11-2014 02:21 PM

And not that it has any national seed bearing but always beautiful to see, Notre Dame over Clemsuck 10-3 in the 5th

weatheredxtown 05-11-2014 02:24 PM

Crowe has retired all 6 batters he's faced. 0-0 Bottom 2nd