CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cool read about Connor versus Manziel (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206466)

Kazak 05-11-2014 05:40 PM

Cool read about Connor versus Manziel

I'm not a Manziel hater, but this nails our dream scenario for Connor's future with the Browns: http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.co...roversy-begin/

bcolinc 05-11-2014 05:54 PM

Re: Cool read about Connor versus Manziel

I can see all of the above happening. Very cool read

JerseyBird 05-11-2014 05:55 PM

Nice read :clap:

Gaichon 05-11-2014 05:58 PM

Exactly how I see it.

bobbycock 05-11-2014 06:42 PM

Cleveland Browns fans are for the most part, blue collar and will identify more with Shaw than with Manzel. Kinda reminds me of that "Replacements" movie.

GregoryHouse 05-11-2014 07:11 PM

Give that writer a pulitzer prize.

I hope he is right...and I like Johnny Manziel's brashness.

In my opinion, both QBs have true grit.

JM is such a small guy and he excels in a world of giants - all while egging them on and throwing up his money team fingers.

CS is all about his business. Tough as nails and has all the respect of his teammates and all the respect of the warriors he faces.

Gamecocks1137 05-11-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4155294)
Give that writer a pulitzer prize.

I hope he is right...and I like Johnny Manziel's brashness.

In my opinion, both QBs have true grit.

JM is such a small guy and he excels in a world of giants - all while egging them on and throwing up his money team fingers.

CS is all about his business. Tough as nails and has all the respect of his teammates and all the respect of the warriors he faces.

If I were going to battle, and my life depended on it, I would take CS.

gsgp 05-11-2014 07:18 PM

Hopefully in training they'll see Connor is better . Hope Connor gets to start a few games this year and does great.

ccured 05-11-2014 07:40 PM

I am curious about it. I could see shaw getting a shot early while Gordon is suspended to protect Johnny Football

cockybusiness2 05-11-2014 07:45 PM

Shaw should get a shot... That is all he can ask for

GregoryHouse 05-11-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4155296)
If I were going to battle, and my life depended on it, I would take CS.

I would take both.

The difference is that on the day of the battle, I know Connor Shaw would be there, early, and with all his gear. I would be nervous about Johnny Manziel right up until I see him cresting the hill, but once I see him, I know that it is go time. I would not even care if Johnny Manziel is a bit hungover with hickies and missing a boot. I know that guy will ride into battle fearlessly and be the second coming of General Nathan Bedford Forrest - part of what makes him legendary is his craziness and confidence, but he was also damned good at his profession. Connor Shaw is more the General Cullen Battle - worked his ass off and prepared like Batman.

BeatBamaTwice 05-11-2014 08:06 PM

I thought some of you were tough on our fans. Please forgive me. Just read the Connor Shaw thread on the Browns fan forum. Apparently I've led a sheltered life. http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29256

cockybusiness2 05-11-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice (Post 4155320)
I thought some of you were tough on our fans. Please forgive me. Just read the Connor Shaw thread on the Browns fan forum. Apparently I've led a sheltered life. http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/ind...howtopic=29256

I read that crap... Cleveland... or the "Mistake by the Lake" does not deserve Shaw. I wish he had signed elsewhere. The Browns really.. Didn't their last team slip out of town one night

Acockolypse Now 05-11-2014 08:28 PM

Browns fans are morons.

...but you all knew this.

garnet_black215 05-11-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4155327)
Browns fans are morons.

...but you all knew this.

One of the many joys I have in life is asking my dad, who is from Pittsburgh and a Steelers fan, what he thinks about Cleveland. He never fails to deliver.

CockyCody 05-11-2014 08:45 PM

I find that read crazy, funny!!! Fans of the Browns, the sorriest excuse of an NFL team, actually talking shit about football which they have seen very little good of in their lives.
:wink: & GO CONNOR!!!!!!

Lalli25 05-11-2014 08:52 PM

Those guys are typical Brown fans idiots. When Manziel is out hurt and Shaw is making plays, they will all act like they knew from day 1 he'd be a stud.

B&GSpur 05-11-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbycock (Post 4155283)
Cleveland Browns fans are for the most part, blue collar and will identify more with Shaw than with Manzel. Kinda reminds me of that "Replacements" movie.

I wouldn't go so far as that, the Browns sold 2300 season tickets the day after Manzel was drafted vs a normal 50. Connor just needs to be ready when his opportunity comes and it will come.

1801Green 05-11-2014 10:00 PM

Before we all lay down at Connor's feet, it's important to remember that Manziel was a better college QB, especially during his Heisman season. He screwed the pooch last year and that is what hurt his draft status. By rights, he still should have been the higher draft choice and Shaw will most certainly be behind him on the depth chart.

That said, Shaw has better grit, character, and possibly a game that is better suited than Manziel to the NFL. I can't wait to see Connor get a shot in the pre-season. I might become a Browns fan!

Acockolypse Now 05-11-2014 10:15 PM

I find it hilarious that they think any Gamecock fan that praises Shaw is a 'homer' that never watched Manzel play. He's a gifted player, and one of the most creative QBs I've seen, but he's at his best when he's on the run. He will not last in the NFL playing like that. Shaw has more upside.