CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Bring on UCONN (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206503)

uscGRAD04 05-13-2014 02:14 PM

Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

It’s been known for quite some time, but it got another inch closer to finalization last week. Talking on a teleconference about adding South Carolina’s Dawn Staley to his coaching staff for the U.S. National Team, UConn coach Geno Auriemma again confirmed that his nine-time national champion will play the upstart Gamecocks in a home-and-home series beginning next season.
“I don’t know that we have a firm date, but I know that we have a tentative date,” Auriemma said. “I think we have it sometime in February. I think it’s a Monday, on ESPN.”
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/05/1...conn-a-go.html

hellraiser24 05-13-2014 02:22 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
I love how Dawn Staley and Frank Martin try to match their teams against top talent. Playing UCONN will help the team how tremendously in preparing for the SEC schedule and NCAA tournament.

JerseyBird 05-13-2014 03:07 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Well, there goes UConn's unbeaten streak :cocky:

Spurrier_Superior_One 05-13-2014 06:35 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
That is going to be one heck of a matchup

Cockhornleghorn 05-13-2014 07:42 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
I can't wait for that matchup. I'd love to go up to Storrs for the game. It would be even better (and easier to get tickets) if it was played in Hartford.

OldPat 05-13-2014 08:25 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Hey, Dawn, think Geno might be trying to take the measure of a potential successor, so don't be shy, girl. Subtly let him know we're eying him up for his casket.

Just imagine the interplay that will occurr between these two for I suspect they hold each other in the greatest of esteem and rarely do the present and future intersect for such an extended period.

Cockhornleghorn 05-13-2014 09:53 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OldPat (Post 4156731)
Hey, Dawn, think Geno might be trying to take the measure of a potential successor, so don't be shy, girl. Subtly let him know we're eying him up for his casket.

Just imagine the interplay that will occurr between these two for I suspect they hold each other in the greatest of esteem and rarely do the present and future intersect for such an extended period.

Not only are the 2 teams playing next season, but Dawn will be his assistant with USA Basketball.

SmallVol1 05-15-2014 11:52 AM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4156822)
Not only are the 2 teams playing next season, but Dawn will be his assistant with USC Basketball.

Do you mean USA? The thought of Geno at USC has my head spinning.

ReadR00ster 05-15-2014 12:15 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Every time I see "Geno" I think a cheesesteak sounds pretty good right now.

jrussjr 05-15-2014 12:17 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn (Post 4156822)
Not only are the 2 teams playing next season, but Dawn will be his assistant with USC Basketball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallVol1 (Post 4157931)
Do you mean USA? The thought of Geno at USC has my head spinning.

Yep, USA basketball is what is being referenced here.
I think that Geno wanted Dawn as an assistant so that he could "pick her brain" and learn her tendacies/approach to certain basketball situations. However, "grasshopper" just may turn the table on him!!

SmallVol1 05-15-2014 12:33 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4157957)
Yep, USA basketball is what is being referenced here.
I think that Geno wanted Dawn as an assistant so that he could "pick her brain" and learn her tendacies/approach to certain basketball situations. However, "grasshopper" just may turn the table on him!!

Yeah, may the "grasshopper" be a praying mantis.

CockyGuy 05-15-2014 12:37 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4157957)
Yep, USA basketball is what is being referenced here.
I think that Geno wanted Dawn as an assistant so that he could "pick her brain" and learn her tendacies/approach to certain basketball situations. However, "grasshopper" just may turn the table on him!!

I don't think so she was also assistant on the 2008 team. Realisticallly, I think Dawn is being groomed as the future face of Women's Basketball with Summitt retiring and Vandeveer, Landers, Hatchell, and Geno(he's headed into his 30th season) approaching retirement. I also think she will be the next Head Coach to take Geno's place over the US team.

M.C. 05-15-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CockyGuy (Post 4157975)
I don't think so she was also assistant on the 2008 team. Realisticallly, I think Dawn is being groomed as the future face of Women's Basketball with Summitt retiring and Vandeveer, Landers, Hatchell, and Geno(he's headed into his 30th season) approaching retirement. I also think she will be the next Head Coach to take Geno's place over the US team.

she isn't leaving

CockyGuy 05-15-2014 12:51 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4157987)
she isn't leaving

she doesn't have to

JerseyBird 05-15-2014 01:25 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Haha this thread has more misreading of what's being said than a Sign Language For Beginners class :rotfl:

FlorenceCock 05-15-2014 01:27 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4157987)
she isn't leaving

Leaving where? She is being groomed to be the next head coach of team USA basketball not UCONN.

CockyLifer 05-15-2014 01:43 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4158019)
Haha this thread has more misreading of what's being said than a Sign Language For Beginners class :rotfl:

:clap:

Cockhornleghorn 05-15-2014 06:53 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallVol1 (Post 4157931)
Do you mean USA? The thought of Geno at USC has my head spinning.

Yes, force of habit.

JaxcockFL 05-25-2014 04:35 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
um...yeah....anyhow...looking forward to that series. Should be great.

CockyLifer 05-25-2014 06:32 PM

Re: Bring on UCONN
 
Yeah well let's hope he doesn't pull an MJ and steal her strategies and tendancies as a coach to help the huskies against us that would really suck. Hopefully she knows how Jordan learned all of the weaknesses/tendancies of his teammates on the dream team and Dawn can learn his.:wink:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.