CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jaguars New NFL Largest Videoboard (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206515)

Spurrier_Superior_One 05-13-2014 11:06 PM

Jaguars New NFL Largest Videoboard

http://www.jaguars.com/assets/images...10-release.jpg

GoCCUChants 05-13-2014 11:20 PM

Re: Jaguars New NFL Largest Videoboard

That's a joke. Everyone knows they're going to LA!

Sarcasm; I'm a Jags fan. First a great draft and now this. Pretty good week to be a Jags fan. Just need to start winning.

2000grad 05-13-2014 11:27 PM

Now everyone can see how bad they are in HD

tkousc 05-13-2014 11:36 PM

I'm headed to this stadium for the US-Nigeria soccer game in June. Hopefully they will zoom in on Landon Donovan's girlfriend.

Cockypantherfan 05-13-2014 11:53 PM

Jags stadium is in a dumpy part of the city away from downtown.

roosterdude21 05-14-2014 12:26 AM

Now their fans have something to be proud about.

Hoodrow Wilson 05-14-2014 12:38 AM

Don't they have an Outback Steakhouse in their stadium?

bigdawg77 05-14-2014 01:37 AM

That look awesome for the WLOCP

Herbie3 05-14-2014 02:21 AM

Is it like rent to own?

Acockolypse Now 05-14-2014 02:34 AM

They should just install it over the tarp-covered seats.

Hoodrow Wilson 05-14-2014 04:18 AM

I thought I was looking at the USC-Upstate softball stadium for a moment there.

Travelin 05-14-2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCCUChants (Post 4156908)
That's a joke. Everyone knows they're going to LA!

Sarcasm; I'm a Jags fan. First a great draft and now this. Pretty good week to be a Jags fan. Just need to start winning.

Or London. not sarcasm

CockTail 05-14-2014 05:54 AM

You guys have not been paying attention. This team is not going anywhere:

1. The owner has spent somewhere around 30 million in stadium improvements and is purchasing property around the stadium for commercial development. There are also plans to add a retractable roof. You don't invest that kind of money to walk away. The owner is committed to the city. The London games actually ensure that they stay. They make a killing with the 1 game there for the next few years, about 15% of total revenue from one game.

2. Attendance is better than most think. Jags finished 20th in the NFL in 2013 with a 2-14 team, and 28th last year with a 4-12 team. Attendance better than Pittsburgh, Tampa, St Louis, Oak.

3. The reason for the tarps is that he stadium is to large. Our capacity is about 67,000 with the tarps on. About 72,000 with them off. That is in the top 15 in the league with them on. Larger than Bears, Colts, Lions, Vikings,ect. The tarps are being removed.

4. Our team has been bad for several years, but we have a new owner, GM, and coach. We are coming. For all of our bad years, the Panthers and the Jags have exactly the same historical record. 144-160-0.

5. And it is the World's largest video board, not just the NFL.

BTW the new board will not be ready until July. Not in time for the Nigeria game. Construction started 2 weeks after the season ended.

Travelin 05-14-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockTail (Post 4156989)
You guys have not been paying attention. This team is not going anywhere:

1. The owner has spent somewhere around 30 million in stadium improvements and is purchasing property around the stadium for commercial development. You don't invest that kind of money to walk away. The owner is committed to the city. The London games actually ensure that they stay. They make a killing with the 1 game there for the next few years, about 15% of total revenue from one game.

2. Attendance is better than most think. Jags finished 20th in the NFL in 2013 with a 2-14 team, and 28th last year with a 4-12 team. Attendance better than Pittsburgh, Tampa, St Louis, Oak.

3. The reason for the tarps is that he stadium is to large. Our capacity is about 67,000 with the tarps on. About 72,000 with them off. That is in the top 15 in the league with them on. Larger than Bears, Colts, Lions, Vikings,ect. The tarps are being removed.

4. Our team has been bad for several years, but we have a new owner, GM, and coach. We are coming. For all of our bad years, the Panthers and the Jags have exactly the same historical record.

BTW the new board will not be ready until July. Not in time for the Nigeria game. Construction started 2 weeks after the season ended.

I agree that the Jags will rebound and not be the cellar-dweller they have been.

But, you can also argue he's building the team for bigger and better things, possibly at another location in the near future. I'm not saying it is going to happen, but at this point, they are the favorites of all NFL teams to move to London if indeed it happens.

The investment he's making with the stadium and it's surroundings is interesting, but owning a team in London would be a whole new ball game financially for any owner. A team in London could easily become the richest in the league within a few years.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't wish any city losing their NFL team, especially Jacksonville.

Quote:

Khan, who has maintained he plans to keep the Jaguars in Florida, believes so at least in the immediate future. Khan has struck a four-year deal to be the home team for NFL games at Wembley through 2016. Since the Jags can'€™t sell out in Jacksonville, Khan, the worldly businessman, and his Jags are poised to be the most viable option to make the voyage full time across the pond.
Players would not shy away from the international brand building potential of playing in a London-based NFL market. Yes, a lot of us love the attention and the limelight. Drawing from the populous of two countries, NFL star power and popularity could reach stratospheric proportions.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...ly-jags-112113

CockTail 05-14-2014 06:24 AM

I agree, I went to the London game last year. Their fans love the NFL but not any team in particular. The Jaguars merchandise sales alone would be huge. They already have a Jaguars fan club there. The logistics of putting a team in London permanently would be difficult

Travelin 05-14-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockTail (Post 4156994)
I agree, I went to the London game last year. Their fans love the NFL but not any team in particular. The Jaguars merchandise sales alone would be huge. They already have a Jaguars fan club there. The logistics of putting a team in London permanently would be difficult

I nearly went to that game, but it came on the wrong weekend for me. I'm going to try and make it this year. The one game a year plan in London has been paying off for Jax.

Quote:

Last season’s trip to Wembley resulted in that loss to the 49ers but the overall experience was a good one for Bradley: “I loved being in London, we all did. The fans got behind us and our four-year commitment to London has had an effect. We now know we have 25,000 UK-based ‘Union Jack’ fans over there and before the four-year deal, we ranked 30 of the 32 teams in terms of fan popularity in the UK, but since the deal, we’ve risen to ninth.”
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-...l-9335537.html

B-G 05-14-2014 07:09 AM

That's a big screen for no one to see.

Carolina4Life 05-14-2014 07:19 AM

Old news and the scoreboard will be half adds anyway.

Jethro Beaver 05-14-2014 09:46 AM

Thats so people will come to the stadium during Jax games and watch the other REAL NFL games.

Woody7687 05-14-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver (Post 4157046)
Thats so people will come to the stadium during Jax games and watch the other REAL NFL games.

Who do you pull for in the NFL? The Jags will be in Jacksonville for a long time. The new owner has what it takes to change the culture, besides the Jags are a QB away from being playoff contenders.