CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alabama RB, Derrick Henry, has a nice ride! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206539)

Cockholio 05-14-2014 03:41 PM

Alabama RB, Derrick Henry, has a nice ride!

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...oesnt-go-well/

What was the former Alabama RB's name that was driving around in an Escalade that no one questioned? Trent Richardson?

NOLACOCK 05-14-2014 03:45 PM

Re: Alabama RB, Derrick Henry, has a nice ride!

Julio Jones

NJGCfan 05-14-2014 03:55 PM

Every good football school pays for recruits. It was dumb for him to post it on instagram, but only the NCAA should be concerned with this. Its not really news that a coveted recruit ended up with added incentive to attend a school outside of the scholarship

sc455 05-14-2014 03:55 PM

he either had it given to him from a booster via his uncle or he sells drugs. no other possible explanation for an American young man from getting a new car.

Sonofacock 05-14-2014 04:02 PM

Drug dealers drive chargers

jrussjr 05-14-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4157377)
he either had it given to him from a booster via his uncle or he sells drugs. no other possible explanation for an American young man from getting a new car.

NAH!! He saw this ride with a big bow on it and a card that said something like "Derrick, I don't want it, keys in the car, take it please....THANK YOU!"

No paper trail, no problem

thekob 05-14-2014 04:19 PM

I think that's one of the higher end models as well....

Cockypantherfan 05-14-2014 06:11 PM

Dem rims doe.

Copperhead 05-14-2014 06:56 PM

If that is his neighborhood, his family isn't poor. My friend lives in a neighborhood that looks identical, given the houses/curb & gutter in pic and I know they pull 90,000 annually. It's not at all out of the question that his parents bought him this vehicle.

Copperhead 05-14-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4157377)

Really? Then go to Mt.Pleasant, SC and stop by a high school called Wando and be freakin amazed because that's a shit load of drug dealers in one high school

Lonnie 05-14-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 4157488)
If that is his neighborhood, his family isn't poor. My friend lives in a neighborhood that looks identical, given the houses/curb & gutter in pic and I know they pull 90,000 annually. It's not at all out of the question that his parents bought him this vehicle.

Ya'll have seen our own Devin Washington's ride, right?

ccured 05-14-2014 07:21 PM

I know 2 ncaa athletes who have $45,000 to $50,000 trucks. Their parents bought them paid in full when they graduated high school because they earned athletic scholarships and they were given the option of having their college savings money stay in savings or a brand new car and they both took the car. One is still in school and one is out of school. The one that is out of school now kicks himself about it. He hard a very hard time finding a job after graduating and could have used the money to live off of than the truck he had in college.

ccured 05-14-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonnie (Post 4157496)
Ya'll have seen our own Devin Washington's ride, right?

no you got a pic or link?

Lalli25 05-14-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 4157488)

Exactly. Does everyone forget Brian Maddox had an agreement with his dad that he'd buying him a convertible Mercedes if he got a scholarship? I'm not saying some don't get illegal gifts but not all of them get stuff like this illegally.

TonyVercetti 05-14-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4157475)
Dem rims doe.

Wheels man, wheels.

TonyVercetti 05-14-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 4157495)
Really? Then go to Mt.Pleasant, SC and stop by a high school called Wando and be freakin amazed because that's a shit load of drug dealers in one high school

Jeez he was bein sarcastic. And my bestfriend and future cousin in law went there. Nice school

Biocockanics 05-14-2014 08:50 PM

Dat tire gap tho....yuck

Captain9Dragons 05-14-2014 08:57 PM

that guy can run, i cant remember the game but #27 was running through around everybody

ScottK 05-14-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons (Post 4157563)
that guy can run, i cant remember the game but #27 was running through around everybody

The bowl game. If Saban would've kept running him I say they would've won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottK 05-14-2014 10:04 PM

And I love how a black guy has a nice car and something underhanded must have happened for him to get it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk