CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Rainey to transfer (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206563)

SCohioBoy 05-15-2014 09:51 PM

Rainey to transfer
 
Going to Iowa western cc. Sounds like he will play defense there. Great kid with a great story. Best of luck

KaneisAble 05-15-2014 09:55 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Damn. Loved his story and potential when he committed. Best of luck to the young man.

trapper82 05-15-2014 10:00 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Figured it would be he or Owens. Good luck to the young man.

CarolinaSpur12 05-15-2014 10:02 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
I can't say that I blame him. He can play TE/LB and currently at SC, we are deep at those positions. But on a side note, who is the last TE that SC has put out? Jared Cook? Heck, it would appear we hardly use the TEs as it is with the guys we've got. What about LB? Jasper Brinkley? I have prob forgot a few guys.

SCohioBoy 05-15-2014 10:10 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Justice Cunningham at tight end
Eric Norwood at lb

CockyInGA 05-15-2014 10:24 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Great, great kid. Wish him nothing but the absolute best!

Thank you for having spent part of your journey here, Kelvin.

Mechanical Cock 05-15-2014 10:31 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
D. Holloman at LB.

Wish Kelvin the best of luck.

GamecockUltimate 05-15-2014 10:36 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 (Post 4158607)
I can't say that I blame him. He can play TE/LB and currently at SC, we are deep at those positions. But on a side note, who is the last TE that SC has put out? Jared Cook? Heck, it would appear we hardly use the TEs as it is with the guys we've got. What about LB? Jasper Brinkley? I have prob forgot a few guys.

Cunningham and Saunders. We had a solid run of cook, saunders, cunningham. At lb if the spur counts a holloman, along with brinkley. AA?

garnet_black215 05-15-2014 10:38 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Hate to see him go, but good luck to him. I wish him nothing but the best.

InletCock1989 05-15-2014 10:40 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Numbers always work out....

Mechanical Cock 05-15-2014 10:43 PM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
MI6 at LB/DE for the Chargers? Not sure if he plays in the 3 or the 4.

Gamecocks1137 05-16-2014 12:50 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InletCock1989 (Post 4158717)
Numbers always work out....

Maybe so but Rainey was not just a number, we should have worked him in somehow. This is just a f*ing waste.

ReadR00ster 05-16-2014 01:20 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
If you didn't see this coming from a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. Some one is getting a really good player. I'll let you what. Iowa Western CC? Are you kidding? Wow. So it goes. So... it.. goes.

SCohioBoy 05-16-2014 07:56 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4159039)
Maybe so but Rainey was not just a number, we should have worked him in somehow. This is just a f*ing waste.

He didn't earn it. Who knows if if was close to or not, but if the kid did not earn the playing time it is not a waste.

SCohioBoy 05-16-2014 07:57 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4159052)
If you didn't see this coming from a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. Some one is getting a really good player. I'll let you what. Iowa Western CC? Are you kidding? Wow. So it goes. So... it.. goes.

That way he can play right away without sitting out then transfer without sitting out. It is a good move. McEvoy did it as well.

Big-Cock 05-16-2014 09:16 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4158704)
Cunningham and Saunders. We had a solid run of cook, saunders, cunningham. At lb if the spur counts a holloman, along with brinkley. AA?

Don't forget about patrick

CoverTwo 05-16-2014 10:07 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
USC is bringing in a similar player in Kevin Crosby. Not a big loss and I think he'll do better at a ACC or Big 10 school.

I'm actually somewhat surprised he wants to play defense. Bobby Petrino recruited the heck out of him in high school as a TE .. I would think that is who he would want to go play for.

GamecockInHell 05-16-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
I think his talent potential was pretty high. Its a shame we couldn't have found a place for him. Of course if the problem is that we have good enough players that a player of his calibre can't get any playing time then I guess its a good problem to have. Good luck to him.

Roosterboy 05-16-2014 10:17 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
Wish him well.
Hate it didn't work out, because the kid was loaded with potential.

Acockolypse Now 05-16-2014 11:08 AM

Re: Rainey to transfer
 
I was really excited when he signed with us, but we had a logjam at his position. Wish him nothing but the best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.