CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206567)

Cocklover 05-16-2014 08:37 AM

**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
The game is at 7:30ET. It is listed on ESPN3. I checked it again this morning. Hopefully it will work.

South Carolina - Jack Wynkoop (So. LHP) 7-3, 2.16 ERA, 79.0 IP, 10 BB, 54 SO
Vanderbilt - Carson Fulmer (So. RHP) 4-1, 0.98 ERA, 55.0 IP, 23 BB, 62 SO

Cocklover 05-16-2014 08:59 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Via Tommy Moody on 107.5 this morning...sounds like they are going to rest Max Shrock tonight and Taylor Widener may play.

cockybusiness2 05-16-2014 09:11 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Go Cocks...Let's win up this series tonight

Cocklover 05-16-2014 09:11 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
It looks like there is a link to live video at this website...not sure if it will work at gametime.

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?f4m=htt...8/manifest.f4m

ucan'tlickourcocks 05-16-2014 09:21 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
JUST WIN BABY!!!

ucan'tlickourcocks 05-16-2014 09:22 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Bet made for those interested.....

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread....05/16%207:30pm

markp_vip 05-16-2014 09:40 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Let's Go Cocks, another big one tonight!

USCBatgirl21 05-16-2014 09:41 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
GO COCKS!!!
:swingcoc::cocky::swingcoc:

JerseyBird 05-16-2014 09:50 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Git Dat Series :cocky::swingcoc::cocky:

ktguen 05-16-2014 10:39 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Don't want to let up and let them swing the momentum back their way. Let's jump on their pitcher early!

odie 05-16-2014 10:56 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Watching last nights game was nerve wracking, even all the way out here in Seattle is where i live now, but i do want to say our pitchers are giving away stolen bases like candy. Last nights announcer was spot on everytime they got a man on base they would steal, we need to do a better job of hiding our delivery to the plate, also GG was not his normal self behind the dish, but he did a great job with what he was given, the pitchers need to stop bouncing the ball into is chest so he can have a clean throw to second base, he is by far an elite catcher at 6'5" and that is unreal on how he handles the entire staff, I think we got away with one last night, (we can play better), the guy going for Vandy today is a stud, look at that era 0.98, dam that is scary good, but we have to let him throw deeper into the count, and be patient let him make mistakes in the strike zone, hopefully we can pull this series out, a national super regional seed is up for grabs for both of these teams, we have to forget about last night and worry about today, Lets go Cocks, we need your "A" game this weekend, man I miss living in South Carolina.

catdaddy66 05-16-2014 11:21 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4159153)
Via Tommy Moody on 107.5 this morning...sounds like they are going to rest Max Shrock tonight and Taylor Widener may play.

Heard that also. I like it because we can use Taylor in any pitching change and not interrupt the lineup much. Dual threat (arm and bat) player... the Connor Shaw of the Yardcocks!!

:clap: :wink:

markp_vip 05-16-2014 11:50 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by odie (Post 4159218)
Watching last nights game was nerve wracking, even all the way out here in Seattle is where i live now, but i do want to say our pitchers are giving away stolen bases like candy. Last nights announcer was spot on everytime they got a man on base they would steal, we need to do a better job of hiding our delivery to the plate, also GG was not his normal self behind the dish, but he did a great job with what he was given, the pitchers need to stop bouncing the ball into is chest so he can have a clean throw to second base, he is by far an elite catcher at 6'5" and that is unreal on how he handles the entire staff, I think we got away with one last night, (we can play better), the guy going for Vandy today is a stud, look at that era 0.98, dam that is scary good, but we have to let him throw deeper into the count, and be patient let him make mistakes in the strike zone, hopefully we can pull this series out, a national super regional seed is up for grabs for both of these teams, we have to forget about last night and worry about today, Lets go Cocks, we need your "A" game this weekend, man I miss living in South Carolina.

Yep, it didn't seem like we were throwing over to first hardly at all for as often as they were stealing. Maybe Jerry didn't want to throw off Monty's routine too much, but we can't just give them second base all night. They were 5 for 7 on sbs. That's 71%! Ouch! and the 2 we caught were damn close to being safe. Gotta do a better job tonight.

scfastpitch 05-16-2014 11:58 AM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4159264)
Yep, it didn't seem like we were throwing over to first hardly at all for as often as they were stealing. Maybe Jerry didn't want to throw off Monty's routine too much, but we can't just give them second base all night. They were 5 for 7 on sbs. That's 71%! Ouch! and the 2 we caught were damn close to being safe. Gotta do a better job tonight.

Monty doesn't have a good move to first and also is a little slow to the plate . Plus , he throws a lot of off-speed pitches . It all adds up to make it hard to throw out runners when he pitches . I think Grayson was pressing a little , feeling like he had to throw everything 110 mph to have a chance . As it turned out , more accurate throws might have nailed one or two more . Wynkoop has a good move to first , so we'll see how it goes tonight .

markp_vip 05-16-2014 12:06 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scfastpitch (Post 4159273)
Monty doesn't have a good move to first and also is a little slow to the plate . Plus , he throws a lot of off-speed pitches . It all adds up to make it hard to throw out runners when he pitches . I think Grayson was pressing a little , feeling like he had to throw everything 110 mph to have a chance . As it turned out , more accurate throws might have nailed one or two more . Wynkoop has a good move to first , so we'll see how it goes tonight .

I agree, but I think you at least need to make the token throws over to keep them as close as possible. Important thing is we found a way to win anyway!:wink:

G&B 05-16-2014 12:45 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
They stole 2nd mainly on Monty's lack of a move but they didn't steal third too well. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b381l 05-16-2014 04:44 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Tonight's game is by far the most important game of the season. If we win, we take a series from a ranked team in our division and set ourselves up for hopefully a top 8 seed in the supers. It would be great to sweep the series, but we can't sweep if we don't win tonight. I've read on here that some people think we can't get a national seed without a sweep.....who knows about that. Let's just concentrate on the things we can control.

jesse james 05-16-2014 05:22 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4159264)
Yep, it didn't seem like we were throwing over to first hardly at all for as often as they were stealing. Maybe Jerry didn't want to throw off Monty's routine too much, but we can't just give them second base all night. They were 5 for 7 on sbs. That's 71%! Ouch! and the 2 we caught were damn close to being safe. Gotta do a better job tonight.

Dude - Vandy's stolen base percentage for the year is 69.9% (79/113). It's what they do, and they'll do it again tonight (or at least they'll try). They put pressure on the defense . . . even if they aren't stealing, they make you think about it. GG was getting pretty frustrated last night - hopefully a faster delivery from Jack tonight will make the difference.

Taylorspur 05-16-2014 05:47 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Koop has a great move to first and he may pick off the first guy that tries to steal. Greiner needs to get his throws down and on target.

HelleraisingCock 05-16-2014 07:12 PM

Re: **USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME #2 Thread**
 
Off topic but CofC is going into the top of the 18th with William and Mary 1-1.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.