CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wil Crowe (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206596)

Coulwoodwarlord 05-17-2014 10:53 PM

Wil Crowe

I don't think enough can be said about the freshman's performance this afternoon. This was a crossroad performance by Mr. Crowe. Long and strong, he carried us to the 8th without blinking. Dudes gonna be a monster in his next couple of years, but this afternoon he gave the 2014 edition of the Fighting Gamecocks everything we needed. #It'sAllHappening

JerseyBird 05-18-2014 01:31 AM

Re: Wil Crowe

Plenty to Crowe about, for sure. And we Wil :cocky:

Regalcock 05-18-2014 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4161168)
Plenty to Crowe about, for sure. And we Wil :cocky:

Nice.lol

He is a bad man! Looking forward to the future with guys like him.

b381l 05-18-2014 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4161093)
I don't think enough can be said about the freshman's performance this afternoon. This was a crossroad performance by Mr. Crowe. Long and strong, he carried us to the 8th without blinking. Dudes gonna be a monster in his next couple of years, but this afternoon he gave the 2014 edition of the Fighting Gamecocks everything we needed. #It'sAllHappening

this

ktguen 05-18-2014 04:01 AM

Serious question. If all three starters return next year (I obviously could be wrong but I think Monty will stay) would you move Crowe to Friday nights? Or do you like him in the Sunday role still?

JerseyBird 05-18-2014 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regalcock (Post 4161197)
Nice.lol

Thanks - I was disappointed to learn that Wynkoop's name is prounounced "WINE-koop"; "WIN-koop" would have been another awesome name for a Gamecock player :woo:

catdaddy66 05-18-2014 07:51 AM

It's been a long season and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I believe that was Wil's finest performance in the conference or perhaps the season. No walks or HBP's, 9 K's and 2 earned runs on 4 hits. Pretty sharp right when we needed him to be...

Liquid_nails 05-18-2014 08:32 AM

Straight up dominance by Wil. The future holds great things for this young man. 9 k's and NO walks! Are you kidding me? Against Vandy when the series was on the line. Wil is the man, plain and simple folks.

cockybusiness2 05-18-2014 11:43 AM

Winners want the ball when it is on the line. Will seems like that type of player

GamecockInHell 05-18-2014 12:30 PM

For some strange reason (?) Crowe seems to have his best performances against teams from the state of Tennessee. If my memory serves me right he was outstanding against UT in his start against them.

FanofCarolina1 05-18-2014 10:31 PM

Stud.

robgusc76 05-18-2014 10:46 PM

That reminded me of the coming out party for J-Mont.

Ballpoint Man 05-18-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktguen (Post 4161204)
Serious question. If all three starters return next year (I obviously could be wrong but I think Monty will stay) would you move Crowe to Friday nights? Or do you like him in the Sunday role still?

It seems like the coaches do not move the weekend rotation guys around unless there is an injury or someone leaves the program. As long as J-mo, Koop and Crowe are all here, I bet it'll stay the same order.

Now - that said, if Monty were to leave, I could see Holbrook moving Crowe up to Friday and leaving Koop at Saturday.

G&B 05-19-2014 12:02 AM

He reminds me of that big Nebraska farm boy pitcher that goes up against robert redford in "The Natural"...

robgusc76 05-19-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktguen (Post 4161204)

If all three come back I wouldnt touch the rotation, unless one of the three just has an unreal fall and is unhittable. Its a "If it aint broke dont fix it" kinda deal. And I still think even if Monty leaves Friday night goes to Wynkoop. Koop has been the most consistent starter this season in my opinion, just hasnt gotten the run support. But like I said that all could change based on the up coming fall practices. Koop has more experience and thats one of the things you look for in an ideal friday night starter .

GamecockUltimate 05-19-2014 02:53 AM

Well personally id move wil to the saturday start to give yourself L-R-L

COCKYWOOD 05-19-2014 03:44 AM

:woo::woo::woo: I'm glad this Tennessee boy decided to be a Gamecock. Bright future ahead for him. :wink::wink::wink: