CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Do you realize?????? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206599)

KingCock1986 05-18-2014 11:22 AM

Do you realize??????

Wow, when reading the forums the past month +, I would think that we have a team that is barley at .500.....Do you realize:

- That we have 42 wins overall, the MOST in the SEC??
- That we have 14 overall losses, 12 in the SEC and 2 in back-to-back MW games?
- That even with the extreme amount of injuries this year we are the #4 seed in the SEC tourney and get a bye the first round?
- That our pitching staff may be the best overall to still get 42 wins with the amount of issues we have had this year??
- That although our offense does not seem to come through when we desperately need it (it seems), that we find the will and the HEART to win games late??
- That we are 8-2 in our last 10 games, the best current 10 game % in the SEC?
- Oh, yeah, and that we SWEPT CLEMSON AGAIN this year!!!!!!! Maybe we can add more pain to them??

Are we getting hot at the right time? We will see......I look forward to the second season and just need this group of Gamecocks to play their best, play relaxed and play with HEART, and I think we will be fine!!!!

I for one will remain POSITIVE and just enjoy the ride, we have sure gotten spoiled in the past 10 years, ya' think?!?!?!

GO COCKS!!!! :kill::swingcoc::happycoc:

KC86

cockybusiness2 05-18-2014 11:40 AM

Re: Do you realize??????

If this team get healthy... They can BEAT ANYBODY

Evilchicken2 05-18-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCock1986 (Post 4161269)
Wow, when reading the forums the past month +, I would think that we have a team that is barley at .500.....Do you realize:

- That even with the extreme amount of injuries this year we are the #4 seed in the SEC tourney and get a bye the first round?
- That our pitching staff may be the best overall to still get 42 wins with the amount of issues we have had this year??
- That although our offense does not seem to come through when we desperately need it (it seems), that we find the will and the HEART to win games late??
- Oh, yeah, and that we SWEPT CLEMSON AGAIN this year!!!!!!! Maybe we can add more pain to them??

Are we getting hot at the right time? We will see......I look forward to the second season and just need this group of Gamecocks to play their best, play relaxed and play with HEART, and I think we will be fine!!!!

I for one will remain POSITIVE and just enjoy the ride, we have sure gotten spoiled in the past 10 years, ya' think?!?!?!

KC86

Calm down.

Nobody's off the wagon. When people expect the preseason SEC champ, and CWS favorite to roll through the reg season, and then they don't; people get down. Spoiled fans? Crazy expectations? I don't know. Criticism and worry don't necessarily equal BAD fans.

Rebel4ever 05-18-2014 07:42 PM

If Schrock had no gotten hurt we would have won the SEC reg season. The two blown Florida games we gave away cost us the reg season title. Had them beat and gave them two wins. I wouldn't want to play us if I were a fan of some other school.

Singaporecock 05-18-2014 07:46 PM

I agree 100%.

Cue those who left the bandwagon to make disclaiming statements....only to jump back off if we don't win it all!

uscGRAD04 05-18-2014 08:28 PM

The thing I've been most impressed with this year is our win % in midweek games. And to think our two losses came after we lost a tough series to Florida and our team was decimated by injuries at that time.

FanofCarolina1 05-18-2014 08:47 PM

We will never lose again!! :woo:

robgusc76 05-18-2014 09:29 PM

Its a good baseball team, but even the best teams have flaws. This team has trouble picking up a big hit. Finally snapped out of it late against Vandy, hopefully it will carry through.

Excuse us for pointing out flaws, but its not always sunshine and flowers.

No Curse 05-18-2014 09:50 PM

It's a funny game. You can get hot as quick as you get cold.

uscgamecocks88 05-19-2014 12:52 AM

We seem to play the best in the postseason. Just about unstoppable in Cola in regional and SR

robgusc76 05-19-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4161673)
We seem to play the best in the postseason. Just about unstoppable in Cola in regional and SR

carefullll

COCKYWOOD 05-19-2014 04:00 AM

I don't know how to start a poll on CT. I think it would be interesting to see how many poster's actually attend baseball games. Maybe break down how many attend post season games . Our fans are great, but getting a bit spoiled lately.

ConwayGamecock 05-19-2014 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCock1986 (Post 4161269)

KC86

Well, in the middle of all that during April into early May was a stretch where we went 2-7 and 9-10. Considering before that 2-7 sputter we were 26-3 and the #1-ranked team in the nation. After the 9-10 run we were out of the discussion for a top-8 national seed. There's always going to be the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes with our fanbase regarding almost everything, but we had a rough stretch of season there. It was mostly due to injury and illness, but it kept coming and coming.

Good thing is perhaps our team is getting healthy at the right time. Bright, Schrock, and Caldwell may be available to play by the postseason, and our pitching staff is still solid. The younger guys who had to step in for those missing starters have some substantial PT under their belts now, so the team overall is pretty experienced throughout the depth, which is always good.

The team has won 7 of it's final 8 games of the reg. season after that 9-10 stretch, so hopefully we're getting a good post-season run started, and everyone will be happier with the season's results when it's all over....

:swingcoc::swingcoc::swingcoc::swingcoc: