CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   SEC Tourney Television (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206602)

GabbieM 05-18-2014 03:20 PM

SEC Tourney Television

From what I can see, there won't be any links from All Access of these games.

ESPN3 lists many of them, but of course subject to black out.

Subscribers on Time Warner Cable may face the problems we have in the past with the games not being picked up as they should be. The Time Warner employees are useless if you contact them about this.

With this said, for those of you on Time Warner and other services that do not carry "CSS" naturally, what will you be doing to see the games?

I know you can use a free VPN (proxy) service to mask your IP to avoid the blackout on ESPN3. Seems like the best option at the moment.

Evilchicken2 05-18-2014 05:50 PM

Re: SEC Tourney Television

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4161359)
From what I can see, there won't be any links from All Access of these games.

ESPN3 lists many of them, but of course subject to black out.

Subscribers on Time Warner Cable may face the problems we have in the past with the games not being picked up as they should be. The Time Warner employees are useless if you contact them about this.

With this said, for those of you on Time Warner and other services that do not carry "CSS" naturally, what will you be doing to see the games?

I know you can use a free VPN (proxy) service to mask your IP to avoid the blackout on ESPN3. Seems like the best option at the moment.

College baseball still undervalued by TV market...pfft.

scfastpitch 05-18-2014 05:59 PM

I think the CSS games are also being carried on ESPN3 . I'm hoping they aren't blacked out in Columbia .

aftertwobowls 05-18-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfastpitch (Post 4161437)
I think the CSS games are also being carried on ESPN3 . I'm hoping they aren't blacked out in Columbia .

It doesn't look like the CSS games will be blacked out. Some of the SportsSouth games are blacked out for the whole Southeast though, but I get that channel.

cocky-K 05-18-2014 08:05 PM

DirecTV has got some tourney games listed on 649 SPSO.

GabbieM 05-18-2014 10:53 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I was just going by what the bracket chart had said.. and almost all the games said CSS.

I am waiting for verification of SportSouth and all of that good stuff. Also on the blackout situation.

I just checked Fox Sports Carolinas on Time Warner here in Columbia, SC and noticed they are showing the ACC games.
Fox Sports South is showing games from the SEC tourney. The times aren't going to be 100% accurate etc.. but it looks like some could be on ESPN3 (not blacked out in Columbia unless on Sports South) and some on Sports South. If that makes sense.

Will learn more soon.

PvtWarlick 05-18-2014 10:58 PM

You should be fine...I watched the conference games on espn3 before when they were on Sportssouth

Cocklover 05-19-2014 08:44 AM

SportsSouth will show the morning game and early afternoon game...the night games will be CSS or ESPN3 I believe.

tomtomusc 05-19-2014 04:35 PM

the games on sports south are subject to black out on espn3. the games on css are not

GabbieM 05-20-2014 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtomusc (Post 4162218)
the games on sports south are subject to black out on espn3. the games on css are not

Thanks for clarification guys. Looks like as long as you have access to ESPN3, you will most likely see the games except for the ones being aired on Sports South (which most of us Time Warner subs have that channel)

U-Dub Gamecock 05-20-2014 07:36 AM

CSS: Can't See S**t

USCBatgirl21 05-20-2014 09:33 AM

I am so glad that I moved West of the Ashley just in time for SEC Tourney. I get CSS :).

usc_yogi 05-20-2014 11:33 AM

Just tried to watch the Tenn/Vandy game on WatchESPN and it is blacked out. I really hope the USC game isn't since its the only way I can watch while at work.

JeffW 05-21-2014 09:54 PM

Will be watching it on ESPN3 thru my XBOX1.

GabbieM 05-22-2014 12:57 AM

game should be on sports south tomorrow (thursday) between 12-2pm. Now.. 12 pm is pretty unrealistic.. so closer to 1-2pm unless extreme extra innings happens/slow downs/ weather/ etc.