CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Clowney at Mini-Camp (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206645)

Lalli25 05-20-2014 10:32 AM

Clowney at Mini-Camp

Thought some might like this article about how Clowney is doing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...ie-5484998.php

Quote:

"I'm here to get the ball rolling with the Texans and show what I got on the field," he said. "I'm not concerned about (being under a microscope). I'm concerned with being a good teammate and (earning) the respect of my teammates.

"I want to be the best Houston Texan I can be."
Loved this quote from him. He is doing things the right way and I am sure that is going to make his teammates like him better and the team as a whole play better.

ScottK 05-20-2014 11:16 AM

Re: Clowney at Mini-Camp

I'd love to know but it says I have to be a subscriber to read the whole article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalli25 05-20-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4162839)
I'd love to know but it says I have to be a subscriber to read the whole article.

Shouldn't take being a subscriber. I will PM you the full article.

scargamecocks87 05-20-2014 12:44 PM

Outside linebacker?

weatheredxtown 05-20-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scargamecocks87 (Post 4162910)
Outside linebacker?

Yeah, they figured he'll fit in their system better that way.

sporkgod50 05-20-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4162856)
Shouldn't take being a subscriber. I will PM you the full article.

could you put me on that PM train? I was also asked to be a subscriber.

ScottK 05-20-2014 01:04 PM

Clowney at Mini-Camp

Thanks for the article. Am I understanding correctly that he will not be playing DE at all?

Stonecoldcock 05-20-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4162937)
Thanks for the article. Am I understanding correctly that he will not be playing DE at all?

Houston plays a 3-4, not a 4-3. Defensive ends in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DT/DE from a 4-3. Outside LB's in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DE/OLB from a 4-3. Clowney will still be on the line of scrimmage more times than not, and will be still be rushing the passer. He will be playing in space more than usual, but Houston knows what they have and will play to Clowney's strengths, and that is having him with his hand down at the line of scrimmage.

ScottK 05-20-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock (Post 4162952)
Houston plays a 3-4, not a 4-3. Defensive ends in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DT/DE from a 4-3. Outside LB's in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DE/OLB from a 4-3. Clowney will still be on the line of scrimmage more times than not, and will be still be rushing the passer. He will be playing in space more than usual, but Houston knows what they have and will play to Clowney's strengths, and that is having him with his hand down at the line of scrimmage.

Thanks for the info. You can tell I haven't watched the Texans play much lol

fridayserv 05-20-2014 04:32 PM

The GM at the 1st presser stated with Clowney he gives them the option to play 4/3.

gamecockphan 05-20-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottK (Post 4162937)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock (Post 4162952)

Due to the passing nature of the league and formations with 3+ receivers being used all the time, the Texans will be in their subpackage probably 70% of the time which means Houston will have 4 down linemen and JD will be coming off the edge with his hand in the dirt as he did at SC. However,there will be some times in the game where he is required to drop into coverage or rush the passer from a standup OLB position.

USC-Hokie 05-20-2014 05:41 PM

I can tell you he has been given no preferential treatment. Bill O'Brien is no non sense and is making them earn the Texan helmet sticker logo, he has taken names off of lockers and only using numbers and Jadeveon has been given a temporary removable locker just like the rest of the rookies. He doesn't hand anybody anything. Might be why Andre Johnson wants out.

gamecockphan 05-20-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC-Hokie (Post 4163203)
I can tell you he has been given no preferential treatment. Bill O'Brien is no non sense and is making them earn the Texan helmet sticker logo, he has taken names off of lockers and only using numbers and Jadeveon has been given a temporary removable locker just like the rest of the rookies. He doesn't hand anybody anything. Might be why Andre Johnson wants out.

Johnson wants our bc their QB situation is a grease fire and he's closing in on the end of his career and wants a shot at a ring.

gocockswyn 05-20-2014 10:21 PM

I think he will fit in...and like it there. We will miss him here.

GoldenSpur7 05-20-2014 11:53 PM

Good article (pics and stuff): How does Jadeveon Clowney fit in Houston’s hybrid defensive fronts?

b381l 05-21-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalli25 (Post 4162798)
Thought some might like this article about how Clowney is doing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...ie-5484998.php

Loved this quote from him. He is doing things the right way and I am sure that is going to make his teammates like him better and the team as a whole play better.

he is saying all the right things and being very humble.....he'll play both standing up and with his hand down.

GamecockSuperFan 05-21-2014 01:41 AM

Per Houston "his hand will be in the dirt 80% of the time rushing the QB."

B-G 05-21-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4163259)
Johnson wants our bc their QB situation is a grease fire and he's closing in on the end of his career and wants a shot at a ring.

This

gamecockjay 05-22-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4163259)

He needs to shut the hell up IMO. He has been paid to be the "face of the franchise" so act like a good employee and not complain to the media.