CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Clowney to be the FACE of Wilson...wow. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206670)

superfly 05-21-2014 06:37 AM

Clowney to be the FACE of Wilson...wow.

This guy is raking it in ...............

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...orsement-deal/

Heitner: Why was Clowney the right fit? Why him as opposed to the many other highly touted NFL Draft prospects?
Murphy: Jadeveon was the only player we wanted to work with. His tenacity on the field, style of play and his dedication to the game are what motivated us. There were other players in the draft who are very popular, but no one has the universal appeal that Jadeveon has.

Murphy: In Football we have had very few players who have specifically been the face of Football. We are selective and want to be sure the partnerships we form truly fit with our brand and we with theirs. In the past we have had Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Tom Brady. We are really excited about the opportunity to have Jadeveon Clowney be a part of the Wilson family.

Flameout12 05-21-2014 08:14 AM

Re: Clowney to be the FACE of Wilson...wow.

Not surprised....he has an infectious smile...the kids love him. I think these people are finding him to be a genuinely nice guy who happens to be an athletic freak. Shaq O'Neal was similar as far as marketability.

Don't be surprised to see Jadeveon in movies if this continues. But he's going to have a lot on his plate.

Coulwoodwarlord 05-21-2014 08:19 AM

Hope he has someone handling his money and someone watching the guys who are handling his money. And both of them sending statements to his momma !

M.C. 05-21-2014 08:22 AM

Clowney has more cousins than he thought. Loll

sandstorm2001 05-21-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4163580)
Clowney has more cousins than he thought. Loll

Come to think of it I think I did have a great great uncle Clowney...

yazoo 05-21-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4163576)
Not surprised....he has an infectious smile...the kids love him. I think these people are finding him to be a genuinely nice guy who happens to be an athletic freak. Shaq O'Neal was similar as far as marketability.

Don't be surprised to see Jadeveon in movies if this continues. But he's going to have a lot on his plate.

Agree 100%. He faced some tough criticism about work ethic, and shrugged it off like Bill Clinton. Clowney is an attractive person who really thrived in the USC environment. Says a lot about our program. Totally rebuts the Clemson fanbases universal, unfair, and harsh criticism of Clowney. Eat it Clemp.

Cockypantherfan 05-21-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Lol... really? I mean your statement seems a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

henmania 05-21-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfly (Post 4163544)
This guy is raking it in ...............

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...orsement-deal/

Heitner: Why was Clowney the right fit? Why him as opposed to the many other highly touted NFL Draft prospects?
Murphy: Jadeveon was the only player we wanted to work with. His tenacity on the field, style of play and his dedication to the game are what motivated us. There were other players in the draft who are very popular, but no one has the universal appeal that Jadeveon has.

Murphy: In Football we have had very few players who have specifically been the face of Football. We are selective and want to be sure the partnerships we form truly fit with our brand and we with theirs. In the past we have had Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Tom Brady. We are really excited about the opportunity to have Jadeveon Clowney be a part of the Wilson family.

Wow. This has to help us in recruiting. I saw kid last year on a football field in south Georgia running around in a USC "7" jersey. I asked him if he was a Gamecock fan and he said no, he was a Clowney fan. Dude has potential to be a major star. But he has to go play. And I think he will deliver big time.

Salmon 05-21-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

I have to agree with you. He is made for Hollywood. It's already happening if you look at things. Lots of sports figures have had successful movie careers. I would pay to see him in a movie and most everybody would too.

jrussjr 05-21-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4163607)
Lol... really? I mean your statement seems a bit of a stretch don't ya think?

He did not say that Jadeveon would be the lead in said movie. Heck, if Shag and Terry Bradshaw can appear in movies, certainly Jadeveon can!!

Cockypantherfan 05-21-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4163623)
He did not say that Jadeveon would be the lead in said movie. Heck, if Shag and Terry Bradshaw can appear in movies, certainly Jadeveon can!!

I understand, but it still is a bit of a stretch. A lot of other famous athletes who have good personalities were never in movies so why would it be any different than Jadeveon?

weatheredxtown 05-21-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4163681)
I understand, but it still is a bit of a stretch. A lot of other famous athletes who have good personalities were never in movies so why would it be any different than Jadeveon?

The difference is they might've turned those opportunities down, whereas Jadeveon might not.

Roosterboy 05-21-2014 11:13 AM

The guy is set for life now if he watches his money and doesn't go too crazy.

I just hope Clowney isn't another one of the many athletes who have gone bankrupt (great 30-for-30 doc by the way by ESPN)

weatheredxtown 05-21-2014 11:18 AM

You just can't help but feel happy for him right now. Who knows, maybe if everything goes right and after a successful NFL career *knock on wood* he might become a huge donor to the university or even a coach.

Flameout12 05-21-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4163681)

...and they were the face of a fanchise?
Quote:

Jadeveon will be the face of Wilson football. We’ll use his likeness in marketing materials, website, and in store. He will endorse Wilson football gloves and protective gear. He will also be endorsing the crown jewel – Wilson NFL Footballs.
This is huge...maybe you didn't notice.

superfly 05-21-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4163701)

I just hope Clowney isn't another one of the many athletes who have gone bankrupt (great 30-for-30 doc by the way by ESPN)

The way he handled the "no,I'm still broke" statement makes me believe he is solid. The guy knew he was a multimillionaire and he still smiled and passed it off. He even down played it, if the truth be known. "I'm still living at home with mom" says that. That is a lot of his appeal.....I never had a problem with someone with money unless they threw it in your face.

MisterClowney 05-21-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4163701)

He'll be good, I think. Clowney has always seemed to have the right kind of people surrounding him. Also, he's already made (signed contracts worth) a lot more money than some of those guys.

Cockypantherfan 05-21-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4163770)
...and they were the face of a fanchise?

This is huge...maybe you didn't notice.

Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah I would say these guys are the face of a franchise. My point is it is ridiculous for you to say Clowney could have movie roles start rolling in because he is the face of a franchise. Landing a large endorsement deal does not equate acting talent or cameo roles in films.

Flameout12 05-21-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4163833)
Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah I would say these guys are the face of a franchise. My point is it is ridiculous for you to say Clowney could have movie roles start rolling in because he is the face of a franchise. Landing a large endorsement deal does not equate acting talent or cameo roles in films.

Ok....:lol:

Cock Kool-Aid 05-21-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4163956)
Ok....:lol:

Why is he laughing...