CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Panthers video board (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206689)

uscgamecocks88 05-21-2014 05:15 PM

Panthers video board
 
1 Attachment(s)
I knew it would be big but wow, that's HUGE! I'm sure it will be a great asset this season! (Picture from Panthers twitter page)

Spurrier_Superior_One 05-21-2014 05:25 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
BoA will have the longest ribbon boards in the league.

usc52 05-21-2014 07:27 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4164143)
BoA will have the longest ribbon boards in the league.

Longest ribbon boards in the NFL FTW!!!!!! 3!!!! lolZ

GregoryHouse 05-21-2014 07:31 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Where is the green stripe though?

uscgamecocks88 05-21-2014 07:35 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4164258)
Where is the green stripe though?

I completely forgot about our old friend the green stripe :rotfl:

rolinb1 05-21-2014 07:54 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...ps68834544.jpg

bertoholic 05-22-2014 10:12 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
I hate that thing. It's delayed my commute to work countless times.

Coulwoodwarlord 05-22-2014 10:20 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
I believe there's one on each side (2) boards..................I could be wrong, but when I drove past the stadium yesterday, that's what it looked like, one on each side

gamecockphan 05-22-2014 10:28 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4164969)
I believe there's one on each side (2) boards..................I could be wrong, but when I drove past the stadium yesterday, that's what it looked like, one on each side


You are correct. There is a board in each endzone.

I'll get to see them in person on August 2nd for the LIverpool-AC Milan match.

We're PSL holders- this was a much needed change. Replays were hard to see on the previous small screens.

uscgamecocks88 05-22-2014 10:43 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4164977)
You are correct. There is a board in each endzone.

I'll get to see them in person on August 2nd for the LIverpool-AC Milan match.

We're PSL holders- this was a much needed change. Replays were hard to see on the previous small screens.

Yeah I went to a game cams first year and the boards were small for a nfl game...

I may be wrong but one of the big reasons for all this is a possible Super Bowl in charlotte down the road

Coulwoodwarlord 05-22-2014 10:47 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4164977)
You are correct. There is a board in each endzone.

I'll get to see them in person on August 2nd for the LIverpool-AC Milan match.

We're PSL holders- this was a much needed change. Replays were hard to see on the previous small screens.

From what I can tell, they are not in the endzones. They are situated on each side of the stadium, but my orientation may be off and they could be in the endzones.

gamecockphan 05-22-2014 10:50 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4164991)
From what I can tell, they are not in the endzones. They are situated on each side of the stadium

No, they are in the endzones and replaced the old ones on the Mint Street side and on the railroad track side.

http://localtvwghp.files.wordpress.c...dium.jpg?w=373

gamecockphan 05-22-2014 10:52 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4164989)
Yeah I went to a game cams first year and the boards were small for a nfl game...

I may be wrong but one of the big reasons for all this is a possible Super Bowl in charlotte down the road


It's possible but with ATL and SF building new stadiums I wouldn't hold my breath. I think there are some issues with the number of hotels as well.

Coulwoodwarlord 05-22-2014 10:53 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4164997)
No, they are in the endzones and replaced the old ones on the Mint Street side and on the railroad track side.

http://localtvwghp.files.wordpress.c...dium.jpg?w=373

My bad, I've only been in the stadium a few times, I drive past it all the time though, mostly down Morehead.

gamecockphan 05-22-2014 10:57 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4164999)
My bad, I've only been in the stadium a few times, I drive past it all the time though, mostly down Morehead.


Morehead is a nice road. Too bad developers are tearing down all the old building in Myers Park and Dilworth to make way for newer offices and CMC.

M.C. 05-22-2014 11:43 AM

Re: Panthers video board
 
we had the worst sound system and video boards in the league for the longest time these look bad ass

Cockypantherfan 05-22-2014 03:22 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4165063)
we had the worst sound system and video boards in the league for the longest time these look bad ass

So you're saying the video boards and sound were Clemson quality?

Spurrier_Superior_One 05-22-2014 09:25 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
http://prod.images.panthers.clubs.nf...960&height=720

rolinb1 05-22-2014 10:17 PM

Re: Panthers video board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4164998)
It's possible but with ATL and SF building new stadiums I wouldn't hold my breath. I think there are some issues with the number of hotels as well.

I don't think there is a hotel problem in Charlotte, Nascar has little problem with way more people than a Superbowl would bring..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.