CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   New Cinderella live action movie (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206727)

2000grad 05-23-2014 02:29 PM

New Cinderella live action movie

coming to theaters in 2015

Quote:

The story of "Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother. Eager to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella's father unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words and to "have courage and be kind." She will not give in to despair nor despise those who mistreat her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an apprentice at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella's hopes of once again encountering the charming Kit (Richard Madden). Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand, and a kindly beggar woman (Helena Bonham-Carter) steps forward and -- armed with a pumpkin and a few mice -- changes Cinderella's life forever.

FlorenceCock 05-23-2014 02:35 PM

Re: New Cinderella live action movie

I take my niece to every Disney/Pixar movie that comes out and she is about to drive me crazy over this.

markymark550 05-23-2014 03:27 PM

One of my nieces loves Cinderella. It's her favorite Disney princess. She will go crazy if she hears about this. I'll leave telling her about the movie up to her mom (my sister).

Heaven forbid if they make a Beauty and the Beast one as that's my other niece's favorite princess.

2000grad 05-23-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymark550 (Post 4166229)
One of my nieces loves Cinderella. It's her favorite Disney princess. She will go crazy if she hears about this. I'll leave telling her about the movie up to her mom (my sister).

Heaven forbid if they make a Beauty and the Beast one as that's my other niece's favorite princess.

The broadway was great

markymark550 05-23-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4166233)
The broadway was great

Saw the travelling show of it in Atlanta a couple of years ago. I didn't really want to go, but I'll admit that it was pretty good.

CarolinaCouple 05-23-2014 04:32 PM

Cannot wait for this!

uscGRAD04 05-23-2014 07:17 PM

Along the same lines, have you heard about a Frozen ice-capade type show?

2000grad 05-23-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 (Post 4166378)
Along the same lines, have you heard about a Frozen ice-capade type show?

Just did the other day