CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206781)

Salmon 05-25-2014 09:20 PM

Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

I'm just saying because I see all the time in a Chinese restaurant the man is Asian. I don't even know if their Chinese but they are Asian of some kind LOL. Why??? You don't have to be Asian to serve Chinese food. And if you go to an Italian restaurant they try and look Italian or something, and if you say you're going to eat soul food and it's all white people shouldn't really make a difference!!!

I was just wondering because you all the time or seen Asians serve Chinese food but I'm not really sure why.

RudeCock 05-25-2014 09:40 PM

Re: Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

They stick together, maybe some kind of tax breaks as well.

Gamecocks1137 05-25-2014 09:56 PM

Re: Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeCock (Post 4167173)
They stick together, maybe some kind of tax breaks as well.

I do know a few years back that the "Stones" plant had a lot of Asians being brought in under guidelines. These people were actually given a brand new car and they were immune from taxes their first year as citizens. Not sure if anyone here knows what I am talking about, but I would love to know more about that.

Thenardier 05-25-2014 09:56 PM

Well, this isn't racist at all.

Biocockanics 05-25-2014 10:00 PM

You're an idiot, there's nothing racist about this. He's asking why is there a trend.

RudeCock 05-25-2014 10:02 PM

We have two convenience stores in Ridgeway, both owned by Indians, the foreign kind. To get around taxes they switch stores every few years. It seems new owners get tax breaks for a few years.

Thenardier 05-25-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4167191)
You're an idiot, there's nothing racist about this. He's asking why is there a trend.

Well, seeing how they are usually family businesses, they tend to employ family and friends. It also helps to have people who can pronounce the orders. Not that hard.

ScottK 05-25-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4167191)

It's a comment concerning the race of non-white people by someone presumed to be white. Not sure where you've been lately but that = racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-Dub Gamecock 05-25-2014 10:22 PM

Egg Roll Station off Devine St... Pretty much all Mexicans were in there cooking the food... And dat chit was good!

Master Bedroom 05-25-2014 10:24 PM

I can think of a more appropriate word for this thread than racist..

Salmon 05-25-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4167187)
Well, this isn't racist at all.

How in the world is it racist!!! You are making it racist therefore you are the RACIST!! Are you accusing me of being a racist.

bigdog2003 05-25-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4167209)
Egg Roll Station off Devine St... Pretty much all Mexicans were in there cooking the food... And dat chit was good!

I have noticed that Mexicans love Chinese food. Any time I get Chinese there are a lot of Mexicans in there. Never any Mexicans at the Mexican places, although I did see some Mexicans in Taco Bell once.

Salmon 05-25-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4167202)
It also helps to have people who can pronounce the orders.

That is more racist than anything I've said at all!!! Do you have to be Asian to pronounce Chinese food names, LOL that is racist

ScottK 05-25-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salmon (Post 4167213)
How in the world is it racist!!! You are making it racist therefore you are the RACIST!! Are you accusing me of being a racist.

Before we determine if you are racist we must first know your race (I hope asking your race doesn't make me a racist but knowing your race is vital in determining if you are racist).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thenardier 05-25-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4167209)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4167215)
I have noticed that Mexicans love Chinese food. Any time I get Chinese there are a lot of Mexicans in there. Never any Mexicans at the Mexican places, although I did see some Mexicans in Taco Bell once.

Hispanics, people, Hispanics.

bigdog2003 05-25-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4167221)

If they are from Mexico, they are Mexican.

Thenardier 05-25-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4167222)
If they are from Mexico, they are Mexican.

Good chance they aren't.

U-Dub Gamecock 05-25-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4167221)

These workers were Mexican.. Not Haitians, Dominicans, Cubans....

bigdog2003 05-25-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4167223)
Good chance they aren't.

They were speaking Mexican.

Salmon 05-25-2014 10:50 PM

That is what I meant why do they have El Salvadorians working in a Mexican restaurant, does it give them publicity.