CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Can we make the Supers ? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206804)

Coulwoodwarlord 05-26-2014 08:46 PM

Can we make the Supers ?

Without Max ?

Holbrook has in as much said we can't win the NC without being healthy. My question is, can we get out of the regionals resting Max as much as possible. (Every other day), or not playing at all, just taking BP ?
I have no idea when Bright will become a factor, but we know if Max's back feels good on any given night, he can change a game. Bright was a hitting machine till he went down, but how fast he can get back up to speed is anyone's guess.

Can we hold Max for the Supers ?

And I know Chad said he took BP today and looked like a Big Leaguer, and plans to play him.

SterlingBrooks 05-26-2014 09:19 PM

Re: Can we make the Supers ?

No

GamecockUltimate 05-26-2014 09:37 PM

Yes we can make it without, do we hold him out, thats chads call, but no not if he is healthy

rosstheboss 05-26-2014 10:16 PM

Yes but I don't think we can make it to Omaha without him

Latt7more 05-26-2014 10:20 PM

We aren't going to lose at home. Don't forget that.

Coulwoodwarlord 05-26-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4167799)
Yes but I don't think we can make it to Omaha without him

I feel this way as well. If Virginia holds , we will need him. :swingcoc:

GregoryHouse 05-26-2014 10:24 PM

WIN ANYWAY

ucan'tlickourcocks 05-26-2014 10:39 PM

Max will DH as long as his back allows. Doubt you will see him in the field.

I believe our team has enough grit and determination to win a regional at home.....
but using last years example in Chapel Hill..... life is tough on the road!

Coulwoodwarlord 05-26-2014 10:59 PM

We don't talk enough about missing Elliot either. He's gone for this year, but if Bright shows up and shows out, it'll be interesting.

SterlingBrooks 05-26-2014 11:09 PM

No one can beat Maryland, they are just too strong. The title is theirs for the taking

garnet_black215 05-26-2014 11:29 PM

Yes. Win the Supers without him? That's a different story.

M.C. 05-27-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet_black215 (Post 4167860)
Yes. Win the Supers without him? That's a different story.

depends on who we play

robgusc76 05-27-2014 12:34 AM

For once South Carolina wasnt shafted by the NCAA, its baseball, and anything is possible, but we've def. been dealt worse hands before. Now Virginia got a TERRIBLE draw.

uscandy 05-27-2014 12:51 AM

One player doesn't make or break a team. I don't care who it is. If we play UVA in the supers and lose, it won't be because Schrock wasn't in the lineup. That's just a sorry sorry excuse and it sounds like Tater talk.

robgusc76 05-27-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscandy (Post 4167912)
One player doesn't make or break a team. I don't care who it is. If we play UVA in the supers and lose, it won't be because Schrock wasn't in the lineup. That's just a sorry sorry excuse and it sounds like Tater talk.

True. But Max does add some fire power to the lineup, and his clutchness cant be denied.

Gamecockfanatic4 05-27-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4167834)
We don't talk enough about missing Elliot either. He's gone for this year, but if Bright shows up and shows out, it'll be interesting.

I havnt seen where he is out for the year, last I heard he was taking BP and hoping to be back havnt seen an update though

Evilchicken2 05-27-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscandy (Post 4167912)

Wrong. Think the Bulls would've won without Jordan? Or the Red Sox without Ortiz? Or the Pats without Brady? Sometimes the slim line between a good team and a great team is ONE player. Don't be so naive. We need all the players we have to be healthy to make a stretch run. We are not as good without our best guys in the lineup.

hank scorpio 05-27-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4167967)
Wrong. Think the Bulls would've won without Jordan? Or the Red Sox without Ortiz? Or the Pats without Brady? Sometimes the slim line between a good team and a great team is ONE player. Don't be so naive. We need all the players we have to be healthy to make a stretch run. We are not as good without our best guys in the lineup.

We made it to Omaha without JB Jr a few years ago.

Cocklover 05-27-2014 08:23 AM

Chad Holbrook said in his press conference yesterday that Max and Connor are back this weekend.

MWard 05-27-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4167986)
Chad Holbrook said in his press conference yesterday that Max and Connor are back this weekend.

Yep, having both back healthy would be huge. We're a different team with them in the lineup.