CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The World Wars (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206809)

garnet_black215 05-26-2014 11:20 PM

The World Wars

Anybody else watching this mini series on the History channel? It's three parts, starting tonight and ending Wednesday.

I've found it very interesting and compelling. Lots of stuff in here I never knew before watching this. Jeremy Renner is narrating and does a great job.

Metalrush24 05-26-2014 11:32 PM

Re: The World Wars

Yeah, I've been watching as well and it has definitely surpassed my expectations.

robgusc76 05-26-2014 11:40 PM

Amazing. I really wish History would get back to doin this stuff instead of crap like mountain men and pawn stars. Those shows are entertaining but not what this channel should be about! Its freaking memorial day and they did a whole day of pawn stars.

Anyways, this series is awesome so far, and I also cant wait for that D-Day doc. on June-6

garnet_black215 05-27-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4167869)
Amazing. I really wish History would get back to doin this stuff instead of crap like mountain men and pawn stars. Those shows are entertaining but not what this channel should be about! Its freaking memorial day and they did a whole day of pawn stars.

Anyways, this series is awesome so far, and I also cant wait for that D-Day doc. on June-6

I saw the preview for D-Day and thought the same thing. Actual footage and interviews with those who lived it sounds absolutely amazing.

I think this series has been awesome as well.

Metalrush24 05-27-2014 12:47 AM

Count me as one who's excited about the d-day special. It looks like it could be really cool.

Gamecocks1137 05-27-2014 12:51 AM

I saw the preview, it looked fantastic, although I missed it. Hopefully they show it again.

Metalrush24 05-27-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4167913)
I saw the preview, it looked fantastic, although I missed it. Hopefully they show it again.

They're playing it tomorrow evening before the 2 part of the 3 part series.

Gamecocks1137 05-27-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalrush24 (Post 4167915)
They're playing it tomorrow evening before the 2 part of the 3 part series.

Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure I at least record it this time if I can't view it when it comes on.

Metalrush24 05-27-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4167916)
Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure I at least record it this time if I can't view it when it comes on.

No problem :thumbsup:

M.C. 05-27-2014 02:26 AM

Quote:

With the ratings they get off pawn stars it will almost never be canceled

COCKDIESEL 05-27-2014 08:10 AM

Got it on the DVR, couldn't stay up that late last night after a long weekend.

bigdog2003 05-27-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Without pawn stars we wouldn't hear, "my expert says its worth $100,000 but I can offer $125. Its going to sit on the shelf for a long time."

Cockypantherfan 05-27-2014 10:55 AM

Caught a bit of the airing last night and need to DVR the rest of it. I also need to DVR the D-Day special as that looks good too. It's refreshing to finally have some shows that you can learn something from..

uscgmck 05-27-2014 11:02 AM

On DVR watching as soon as I can.

usc_yogi 05-27-2014 11:10 AM

I recorded all three nights but didn't get to watch last night. How is it being presented? Is it like Band of Brothers or is it different dramatizations mixed in with actual footage and narration?

Flameout12 05-27-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Amazing. I really wish History would get back to doin this stuff instead of crap like mountain men and pawn stars.

One of the main reasons I dumped all cable/Sat TV....the other one was commercials.

mater 05-27-2014 05:55 PM

I have been very pleased with it so far. I enjoy when history is told from all points of view, not just singular.

TKE226 05-27-2014 06:24 PM

I thought it was ok. The actors I didn't think looked much like their true counterparts, but that's pretty irrelevant to the story.

I will watch the other episodes because I am well documented history nerd.

I agree with others that the History Channel needs to stop with Pawn Stars and actually show history...

rioninusc 05-27-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKE226 (Post 4168288)
I thought it was ok. The actors I didn't think looked much like their true counterparts, but that's pretty irrelevant to the story.

I will watch the other episodes because I am well documented history nerd.

I agree with others that the History Channel needs to stop with Pawn Stars and actually show history...

It is about history, just a twist on it. Every item is a part of history on that show. I agree though I liked the old way the history channel was. Wish they would bring back this show.

Don't know if the host quit to do the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, or it was cancelled, but it was one of my favorite shows when it was on.

gamecock88 05-27-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Agreed although the Wal-Mart society is what drives advertisement and in turn decides programming. This is a great series regardless.