CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Blake McClain to undergo surgery for broke foot (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206815)

eklypised 05-27-2014 02:05 PM

Blake McClain to undergo surgery for broke foot

Lovely....

Incoming freshman defensive end Blake McClain is set to arrive at South Carolina this week to prepare to start Summer I, but will not be ready to begin summer workouts in a full capacity with his teammates.

McClain suffered a broken foot working out around a month and a half ago and will likely undergo surgery shortly after arriving at USC. McClain, a 270-pound defensive end who chose the Gamecocks over Nebraska on National Signing Day, could also miss fall camp.

That would make it difficult for McClain, who was considered the No. 24 strongside defensive end in the country in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, to help the Gamecocks as a true freshman.

weatheredxtown 05-27-2014 03:48 PM

Re: Blake McClain to undergo surgery for broke foot

Sooooo, are any of our freshman DE's practicing in the beginning of summer now?

PageUSC 05-27-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatheredxtown (Post 4168209)
Sooooo, are any of our freshman DE's practicing in the beginning of summer now?

I don't think so. Ritchie and Sawyer didn't qualify. McClain is hurt. And Wideman and Thomas may not qualify either.

weatheredxtown 05-27-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4168219)
I don't think so. Ritchie and Sawyer didn't qualify. McClain is hurt. And Wideman and Thomas may not qualify either.

Wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FearThethumbandDJ 05-27-2014 04:28 PM

Football Players are academic scholars

Emery 05-27-2014 05:42 PM

The reasoning behind the 3-4 is becoming more and more clear.

catdaddy66 05-27-2014 05:46 PM

Let's hope D Washington can bring it hard this summer and fall. I hope he can reach his potential because we need it at DE!

ZenUSC 05-27-2014 06:03 PM

Get well. Rehab. Redshirt. See you in 2015

garnet_black215 05-27-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PageUSC (Post 4168219)

Looks like that post NSD grade of a D C2 gave the DL if those players didn't qualify was being forgiving.

Lamin may be the only DL we signed this year who sees the field, which is really quite sad.

FearThethumbandDJ 05-27-2014 09:09 PM

were ****ed

uscandy 05-28-2014 01:57 AM

Might as well not play any games now. The season'a over before it began! Something tells me we'll still be ok. Unlike so many Gamecock fans, I don't make excuses.

Gamecocks321 05-28-2014 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscandy (Post 4168548)
Might as well not play any games now. The season'a over before it began! Something tells me we'll still be ok. Unlike so many Gamecock fans, I don't make excuses.

Make excuses for what?

qcgamecock 05-28-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

What do we need to make excuses for?

CockFighter 05-28-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdaddy66 (Post 4168265)
Let's hope D Washington can bring it hard this summer and fall. I hope he can reach his potential because we need it at DE!

D Washington will not reach his potential this year. He is injury prone and appears to not have the mental toughness for SEC caliber football at this moment. I've seen players not live up to their potential every year. It is hard to evaluate if a player has mental toughness beyond high school where they had huge athletic advantages over their peers.

SCohioBoy 05-28-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CockFighter (Post 4168598)
D Washington will not reach his potential this year. He is injury prone and appears to not have the mental toughness for SEC caliber football at this moment. I've seen players not live up to their potential every year. It is hard to evaluate if a player has mental toughness beyond high school where they had huge athletic advantages over their peers.

Are you serious or just trolling? The kid had a concussion that was not noticed, then got a 2nd concussion. So a concussion on top of a concussion. Not injury prone at all. The kid has no "mental toughness" issues.

PageUSC 05-28-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4168604)
Are you serious or just trolling? The kid had a concussion that was not noticed, then got a 2nd concussion. So a concussion on top of a concussion. Not injury prone at all. The kid has no "mental toughness" issues.

Yea I agree. It's a little harsh to call him injury prone at this point.

Although I wouldn't expect him to really contribute much this year. He basically lost the entire fall and winter last year. A year where he should of been practicing and getting stronger. He couldn't work out or practice so his RS year was basically wasted. Then on top of that he injured his hand during Spring ball and missed most of the Spring.

With the non qualifiers and injuries I think our depth at DE will have to roll with what we have
Dixon
English
Harris
Johnson
Cooper

MisterClowney 05-28-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Wut

MWard 05-28-2014 10:13 AM

If Thomas and/or Wideman make it in, either or both could end up starting, but at least will be on the 2 Deep. Things just got thin at the DE position, we have a bunch of WDE's, but not any SDE's besides Dixon.

Garnet Gamecock 05-28-2014 10:16 AM

Win Anyway.

roosterdude21 05-28-2014 10:20 AM

Well damn, that sucks