CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206837)

eklypised 05-28-2014 02:04 PM

Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Who else Alabama....or that's what all the crying comments say under the article....South Carolina is number one according to the Bleacher Report and I would have to agree with the body of work our teams have done in the past few years...but boy are their some haters on their

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...football-teams

Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it

SC Sandlapper 05-28-2014 02:31 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
We win because we have just 2 FBS teams and no scrubs. Both our big league schools finished top 10 and have had a good run for years.

It's the typical Bleacher Report item that gets people stirred up, but using the methodology they defined at the beginning, it's accurate.

Thenardier 05-28-2014 03:29 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Lol

GarnetSwarm1990 05-28-2014 03:34 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4168960)
Lol

Obviously Auburn and Alabama have had better seasons but the state of Alabama has South Alabama, UAB and Troy to bring you down some. South Carolina doesn't have any other FBS teams.

jrussjr 05-28-2014 03:40 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 (Post 4168967)
Obviously Auburn and Alabama have had better seasons but the state of Alabama has South Alabama, UAB and Troy to bring you down some. South Carolina doesn't have any other FBS teams.

Wofford and Coastal probably could defeat those 3 you mentioned....on the road!

CockyLifer 05-29-2014 12:38 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Bleacher Report is garbage, all they want to do is get the people that still read it to argue in the comments and read more articles by trolling the reader headlines. This article will surely get them going in true br style.

CockyLifer 05-29-2014 12:55 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4168974)
Wofford and Coastal probably could defeat those 3 you mentioned....on the road!

This.

cockymac 05-29-2014 09:30 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Horrible article, and I'm as big a Gamecock fan as you will find. Maryland and North Carolina are rated higher than Georgia. That's all you need to know about this article.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 05-29-2014 09:55 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eklypised (Post 4168871)
Who else Alabama....or that's what all the crying comments say under the article....South Carolina is number one according to the Bleacher Report and I would have to agree with the body of work our teams have done in the past few years...but boy are their some haters on their

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...football-teams

Sorry if this has been posted but I didn't see it

Man football sure is good around here right now. Just hope it stays that way!

Stonecoldcock 05-29-2014 10:18 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockymac (Post 4169431)
Horrible article, and I'm as big a Gamecock fan as you will find. Maryland and North Carolina are rated higher than Georgia. That's all you need to know about this article.

I don't understand your logic, and look I agree the bleacherreport is not exactly top notch journalism, but they clearly stated this was a measure of all football programs from last year only, not just the power conference schools. Sure there's an argument for putting Georgia (the state) a little higher, but you can't just ignore Georgia State's (maybe the worst team in D1) 0-12 record and not to mention that the power schools in Georgia and Georgia Tech had down years going 8-5 and 7-6 respectively.

jrussjr 05-29-2014 10:34 AM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockymac (Post 4169431)
Horrible article, and I'm as big a Gamecock fan as you will find. Maryland and North Carolina are rated higher than Georgia. That's all you need to know about this article.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock (Post 4169451)
I don't understand your logic, and look I agree the bleacherreport is not exactly top notch journalism, but they clearly stated this was a measure of all football programs from last year only, not just the power conference schools. Sure there's an argument for putting Georgia (the state) a little higher, but you can't just ignore Georgia State's (maybe the worst team in D1) 0-12 record and not to mention that the power schools in Georgia and Georgia Tech had down years going 8-5 and 7-6 respectively.

Have to agree with Stonecold on this one Mac.

WeCocky 05-29-2014 02:09 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Im not gonna ask them to remove us from #1, but this list is awful

kick_ball 05-29-2014 02:16 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
bad list but it does let us reflect on the awesome football from both school in the state that is being played right now.. we should enjoy it ... it makes it fun and nationally relevant

Stonecoldcock 05-29-2014 02:17 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WeCocky (Post 4169599)
Im not gonna ask them to remove us from #1, but this list is awful

Again why? Its not a list of who has the best football, because that would be easy, you just take the end of year top 25 and go down the list: Florida (Florida State MNC) is #1, Alabama (Auburn MNC runner-up) is #2, etc, etc. Its a subjective ranking based on the AVERAGE of EVERY team in a state from LAST SEASON, including the really shitty ones. Seems like based on those criteria, its fairly accurate. Sure you could make arguments to shift teams a few places here and there, no doubt, but saying its "awful"? I just don't think you read his criteria for ranking.

GapoGamecock51 05-29-2014 03:04 PM

Re: Ranking every state by CFB teams...#1 is
 
North Dakota State in FBS would be nice.......I think they could do good in making a step up.


Gapo


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.