CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   xbox one questions? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206944)

rhcock23 05-31-2014 02:59 PM

xbox one questions?

hey Im heavily leaning towards getting an xbox one but i had a few questions. first I use a av receiver and have 5.1 surround. does anyone know how the 5.1 works on the xbox one for games and also pass through from your set top box. I seen where part of it was in beta but wanted to know if there has been anymore word on the full version of 5.1 coming out. any experiences with an xbox one and a av receiver? also debating on whether getting the xbox with kinect or without...any insights on positives?

thanks

JAYBEZ 05-31-2014 03:13 PM

Re: xbox one questions?

I can't speak to the av question, but you definitely need the kinect.

The kinect gives you the voice commands, facial recognition sign in, and the ability to control all the devices hooked up to it.

diehardgamecock 05-31-2014 03:35 PM

agree with jaybez. get the kinect model. well worth it, IMO. it's part of the system...part of the experience.

uscfsu23 06-02-2014 10:55 AM

I have had mine for 2 weeks, love the system. The kinect interface is awesome!

weatheredxtown 06-02-2014 11:14 AM

I didn't think you could buy the Xbox One without the Kinect. But I absolutely love mine. It takes some getting used to, even though I'd had a 360 for years. As as far as audio, I heard it defaults to stereo only.

rioninusc 06-02-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatheredxtown (Post 4174293)
I didn't think you could buy the Xbox One without the Kinect. But I absolutely love mine. It takes some getting used to, even though I'd had a 360 for years. As as far as audio, I heard it defaults to stereo only.

In another thread poster put a link to where Microsoft stated they will be releasing a Kinectless XB1 on June 17 I think, and taking all the media programs off of the Gold Live standard. So you can watch Netflix without having to have a Xbox Live Gold Membership.

Order 66 06-02-2014 06:32 PM

" xbox, go to Titanfall" while I make a samich. ...

nin_usc_freak92 06-02-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatheredxtown (Post 4174293)

The audio settings allow for Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, and bitstream for the HDMI out. However the Optical out only allows for Stereo uncompressed and bitstream. With bitstream for either selected you can pick between which format you prefer - Dolby Digital or DTS Surround Sound.

I definitely recommend the kinect if you're using the xbox to control an AV receiver and TV. Specific setting controls are difficult to find sometimes so take time to get acclimated with the settings and go through every pane of options to make sure everything is set up the way you want it before giving it a test spin. You'll be much happier with the end result.