CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NCAA Bad Move (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206984)

RoosterBooster 06-02-2014 09:43 AM

NCAA Bad Move

Kyle Carpenter, who is about to be presented the Medal of Honor, was at Friday nights game. He spent time in both dugouts and was down in the box seating area for part of the game. The NCAA would not allow him to be introduced to the crowd because they stated it would give the Gamecocks and unfair competitive advantage.

Jethro Beaver 06-02-2014 09:49 AM

Re: NCAA Bad Move

NCAA just clemsoned the moment. What a shame. And what a DUMBA$$ excuse!!

Woody7687 06-02-2014 09:57 AM

Wow we need to blow the NCAA's skirt up on this!!!! What a crock of S$&%!!! Every newspaper in the country needs to put the NCAA on blast for this.

Evilchicken2 06-02-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosterBooster (Post 4174214)
Kyle Carpenter, who is about to be presented the Medal of Honor, was at Friday nights game. He spent time in both dugouts and was down in the box seating area for part of the game. The NCAA would not allow him to be introduced to the crowd because they stated it would give the Gamecocks and unfair competitive advantage.

The NCAA is an evil, depraved organization. I heard they eat Christian babies!

bobbycock 06-02-2014 11:49 AM

AD Tanner should have stepped in and told NCAA to kiss off. He is a Medal of Honor recipient....for the USA...not the gamecocks. Hate it when people cave to bullying.

carolina_corpsman 06-02-2014 12:31 PM

The man was awarded the highest military honor, he deserves recognition. The question is, does he want it? Is he into the limelight or is he doing his best to get his life back?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latt7more 06-02-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman (Post 4174347)
The man was awarded the highest military honor, he deserves recognition. The question is, does he want it? Is he into the limelight or is he doing his best to get his life back?

He's doing a helluva job of getting his life back. I'm fortunate enough to call him a friend of mine, and I can honestly say he's one of the best guys around and deserves the highest honor for his military actions. He's not into the limelight at all, but he does deserve to be recognized.

bigdog2003 06-02-2014 12:42 PM

The NCAA is a joke, they only care about money, nothing else. They show it over and over.

carolina_corpsman 06-02-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latt7more (Post 4174353)
He's doing a helluva job of getting his life back. I'm fortunate enough to call him a friend of mine, and I can honestly say he's one of the best guys around and deserves the highest honor for his military actions. He's not into the limelight at all, but he does deserve to be recognized.

If it's what he wants, then great. My point was more that he might not want to be announced at every home game. Having experience with combat veterans, some are just ready to go back to normal life and some like the attention. His preference, I just hope that the school asked first.

ElectricCock 06-02-2014 12:52 PM

This REALLY REALLY REALLY pisses me off; I'm probably 10 times (at least) more pissed off about this than the result on the field this weekend... Who do we write to complain about this?

weatheredxtown 06-02-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman (Post 4174359)
If it's what he wants, then great. My point was more that he might not want to be announced at every home game. Having experience with combat veterans, some are just ready to go back to normal life and some like the attention. His preference, I just hope that the school asked first.

It wasn't going to be every home game, just that one game.

Latt7more 06-02-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman (Post 4174359)

Yea I was down on the field talking to him before the game and I got the feeling he was just there to have fun and enjoy the night. He enjoys just being another guy.

RoosterBooster 06-02-2014 01:05 PM

Just to clear a few things, he did not complain about it. He didn't do anything while he was there to draw attention to himself. I recognized him and told one of the Security Staff the next day they should have let him throw out the first pitch. He told me the NCAA told them they would not allow him to be recognized as it would give the Gamecocks and unfair advantage.

sc455 06-02-2014 01:52 PM

i am fine with the ruling.

Cockypantherfan 06-02-2014 02:04 PM

I don't understand how it would have been an unfair advantage? There are too many idiots in the world.

CockyLifer 06-02-2014 02:13 PM

That would have been a momentum booster for the team you have to admit that. However I don't agree with the ruling here it is a home game so how in the Hell can that advantage be negated? If they wanted to do that then don't have the teams play at their home stadiums that rule is complete bollocks! Death Penalty to the NCAA!

USCCO2009 06-02-2014 04:03 PM

I say let's make it up to him by introducing him to 85,000 people at the USC vs. Georgia game at Williams Brice.

ccured 06-02-2014 05:21 PM

I don't understand how it gives an advantage

bigdog2003 06-02-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4174510)
I don't understand how it gives an advantage

The NCAA hates America, plan and simple.

CockyInGA 06-03-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCCO2009 (Post 4174476)
I say let's make it up to him by introducing him to 85,000 people at the USC vs. Georgia game at Williams Brice.

This.

The one we did back in 2012...that was freaking incredible.

And I would add...although it's always a wonderful sight to see any soldier return home safe and sound, especially into their family's arms, I think we started a trend with that ;)