CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Vic "The Bandit" Hampton (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207000)

Cocky_Maniac 06-03-2014 09:10 AM

Vic "The Bandit" Hampton

Just saw where someone said he signed with the NY Giants. Anyone have any validation of this? I really hope it's true, he deserves it! :clap:

uscGRAD04 06-03-2014 09:20 AM

Re: Vic "The Bandit" Hampton

Not at Vic's position but the Giants just cut Will Hill (Safety).

hellraiser24 06-03-2014 09:30 AM

I don't think he signed with the Giants, but he is working out with them right now.

SCohioBoy 06-03-2014 09:35 AM

Corey Miller has a tweet up about it.

Evilchicken2 06-03-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocky_Maniac (Post 4174927)
Just saw where someone said he signed with the NY Giants. Anyone have any validation of this? I really hope it's true, he deserves it! :clap:

Deserves? :-|

PageUSC 06-03-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellraiser24 (Post 4174945)
I don't think he signed with the Giants, but he is working out with them right now.

Right. He didn't sign. Just got a workout invite.

They may like him at S.

cockymac 06-03-2014 09:52 AM

I heard that he was working out for them.

COCKYTALKIN 06-03-2014 10:00 AM

Safety might be the best spot for him.

SCohioBoy 06-03-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4174951)

He deserves a shot, he earned it. I seriously wonder WTF you post around here.

Cocky_Maniac 06-03-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 (Post 4174951)

Why shouldn't he deserve it?

TakeEM 06-03-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocky_Maniac (Post 4174975)
Why shouldn't he deserve it?

He should have been kicked off the team. Pretty sure he had multiple suspensions.

Then Spurrier gives the kid a second chance, and he plays football, but abandons the classroom effectively killing any chance at coming back for a senior year.

Then he gets arressted for fighting with his sister a few weeks before the draft.

THEN he is involved in an altercattion in a NY club just days before the draft.

I'm not so sure he deserves anything.

Seems like he has been given chance after chance after chance.

yazoo 06-03-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeEM (Post 4174982)
He should have been kicked off the team. Pretty sure he had multiple suspensions.

Then Spurrier gives the kid a second chance, and he plays football, but abandons the classroom effectively killing any chance at coming back for a senior year.

Then he gets arressted for fighting with his sister a few weeks before the draft.

Seems like he is much stronger than Clemson players from a give back to the community standpoint. Vic has been a model citizen over his past few years in Columbia, helping kids and interacting with fans on twitter and in person. He has an infectious, friendly personality, and is exactly the type of player you want as a teammate.

The NY incident was not at all our players fault. Any Carolina fan would know this and not post such misinformation. All our players were cleared. It appears an altercation began when our players asked pot smoking bar patrons to quit smoking weed near them. They were attacked and defended themselves. Nothing wrong with our players actions. The NY police totally cleared our guys.

Your post smacks of Clemson orange. Why don't you spend your time complaining about the women assaulting players of Clemson?

COCKDIESEL 06-03-2014 11:36 AM

Cloninger from the state said he hasn't seen anything official from either side.

bigduff32 06-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4175016)
Seems like he is much stronger than Clemson players from a give back to the community standpoint. Vic has been a model citizen over his past few years in Columbia, helping kids and interacting with fans on twitter and in person. He has an infectious, friendly personality, and is exactly the type of player you want as a teammate.

The NY incident was not at all our players fault. Any Carolina fan would know this and not post such misinformation. All our players were cleared. It appears an altercation began when our players asked pot smoking bar patrons to quit smoking weed near them. They were attacked and defended themselves. Nothing wrong with our players actions. The NY police totally cleared our guys.

Your post smacks of Clemson orange. Why don't you spend your time complaining about the women assaulting players of Clemson?

BOOO YAAA!

cocksmith1or11 06-03-2014 01:16 PM

deserves it because we want to see our Gamecocks do well.

BUT, talent wise id say he needed another year to polish his game. His decision making is suspect and he cant tackle worth a damn, he gets a nice one every once in a while (Cap 1 Bowl) but he has whiffed twice as many as he has made.

cocksmith1or11 06-03-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Clem5-0n Tom?

Nureye 06-03-2014 01:18 PM

"The Bandit"?

http://constancephillips.com/wordpre...bandit-ii.jpeg

GamecockSuperFan 06-03-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

players who dont go to class dont play. They dont even practice. so your information is either wrong or he just went to class and did nothing.

StormOfTalons 06-03-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Wrong.

Quote:

Wrong again. If he quit going to class he would have been suspended and would not have practiced much less played.

Quote:

This actually happened AFTER the next incident you mention below and really was nothing more than a minor altercation that was blown out of proportion by overly reactive cops.

Quote:

Again, happened before the previous incident and he was not INVOLVED in anything...he witnessed something.

Quote:

Because you're obviously an idiot troll.

Quote:

And wrong one final time...are you going for a board record or something?

gamecock88 06-03-2014 08:21 PM

You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.