CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Missing 2014 football season (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207031)

Aikenitous 06-04-2014 03:35 PM

Missing 2014 football season

Haven't missed a home game since I was 4, always go to Athens and Clemson as well as another away game or two, and always go to Atlanta (ok-the one time).

Seeing the team running out to 2001 from the tunnel gives me chills the first game every year.

Turns out my job is sending me to Japan for 4 months and I will miss all games this year besides bowl, and/or hopefully playoffs.

Devastated.

Does anybody know if I will be able to atleast watch the games live on the internet or anything? I can't imagine going a whole season without even being able to watch the games at all.

Cock Kool-Aid 06-04-2014 03:41 PM

Re: Missing 2014 football season

The irony in your sig... fantastic.

So you're saying you're tough then? haha jk.

Aikenitous 06-04-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4176016)
The irony in your sig... fantastic.

So you're saying you're tough then? haha jk.

I knew my sig was going to come up sometime in this thread, just not so quick. Good call JH

rioninusc 06-04-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikenitous (Post 4176006)
Haven't missed a home game since I was 4, always go to Athens and Clemson as well as another away game or two, and always go to Atlanta (ok-the one time).

Seeing the team running out to 2001 from the tunnel gives me chills the first game every year.

Turns out my job is sending me to Japan for 4 months and I will miss all games this year besides bowl, and/or hopefully playoffs.

Devastated.

Does anybody know if I will be able to atleast watch the games live on the internet or anything? I can't imagine going a whole season without even being able to watch the games at all.

The only thing I can think of is possibly keeping your TV service, and log into ESPN 3 if they provide that. The SEC network might have something you can do as well, but it's just starting this year. If you have Satellite, I don't know how this works in other countries, but you might be able to change the location of your satellite dish to SC if you have one in Japan. My bro in law would change his satellite's location to Atlanta Georgia sometimes to get extra channels.

Traveling is my#1 hobby so I would switch with you in a heartbeat if I could.

Edit
Forgot about this it's the Hopper from Dish.

This part is called Dish anywhere.
http://www.dish.com/technology/dish-...T.svl=features

Worse case scenario you can watch it after it records, best case is you could get it live. The funny thing is the games will most likely be live at 1 am for noon games, and 8 am for 7 pm games on a Sunday morning.

Aikenitous 06-04-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4176044)
The only thing I can think of is possibly keeping your TV service, and log into ESPN 3 if they provide that. The SEC network might have something you can do as well, but it's just starting this year. If you have Satellite, I don't know how this works in other countries, but you might be able to change the location of your satellite dish to SC if you have one in Japan. My bro in law would change his satellite's location to Atlanta Georgia sometimes to get extra channels.

Traveling is my#1 hobby so I would switch with you in a heartbeat if I could.

Edit
Forgot about this it's the Hopper from Dish.

This part is called Dish anywhere.
http://www.dish.com/technology/dish-...T.svl=features

Worse case scenario you can watch it after it records, best case is you could get it live. The funny thing is the games will most likely be live at 1 am for noon games, and 8 am for 7 pm games on a Sunday morning.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I do not have satellite or a cable provider that provides ESPN3. I am going to look into Dish now though because if they can hook me up where I can watch the games, that would be enough to persuade me to switch providers.

eggroll 06-04-2014 04:55 PM

Buy a Slingbox and install it at a friend's house.

http://www.slingbox.com/go/products

GarnetSwarm1990 06-04-2014 05:07 PM

ESPN3/WatchESPN is probably your best option I would think.

MisterClowney 06-04-2014 05:08 PM

Quit.

weatheredxtown 06-04-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4176107)
Quit.

And miss a chance to live in Japan???

Cockypantherfan 06-04-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weatheredxtown (Post 4176152)
And miss a chance to live in Japan???

Pretty sure he is joking. No one would want to pass up that opportunity.

Cockypantherfan 06-04-2014 07:03 PM

OP, are you going to buy a pair of dirty Japanese girl's panties?

Jk..

Grit_And_Steel 06-04-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4176171)
OP, are you going to buy a pair of dirty Japanese girl's panties?

Jk..

I'm not :cocky:

Thenardier 06-04-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikenitous (Post 4176006)

Devastated.

you think that's bad? I was living in London in 2010! blah! Only got to see the Arkansas State game in person. Shouldn't have a problem watching the games though, plenty of websites to watch them on.

boowilliam4 06-04-2014 11:45 PM

I read this post and for about ten minutes I questioned what I would do if i was in your situation. I came to the conclusion that it would crush my spirit as a human being to not be able to hear 2001 and see 80,000 of my closest friends on Saturdays at Willy B. I honestly just couldn't do it. I wish you the best of luck in Japan my friend and hope you have safe travels.

Latt7more 06-05-2014 12:35 PM

I don't think espn3 works in japan. But I've never been outside the US so what do I know

espn4lyf 06-05-2014 01:50 PM

Get dish and you can watch anywhere

TKE226 06-05-2014 02:01 PM

geez, there is life outside of football...some times (and I know its hard to believe) but there are more important things than SC vs the Citadel, like family, job. Dude needs to earn a living.

Anyway, since its only 4 months, like others said, I am guessing you are going to keep your tv subscription at home so you should be able to watch online somehow. Its possible that japan has ESPN as well. Not sure what they show because I have never been there, but you can hope right?

803scdantes 06-05-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 (Post 4176106)
ESPN3/WatchESPN is probably your best option I would think.

^ Do this.

uscjeremynca 06-05-2014 02:22 PM

I've lived in California for 13 years now. I've seen 2 games in person the last 13 years - both Clemson games. While California isn't Japan (although it can feel like a foreign country at times), I know what it's like to miss out on seeing the games in person.

Not sure what the situation is in Japan but with the technology these days, you should be able to watch the games somewhere online (just be thankful you are doing this in 2014 and not 2001 - when I moved out here). You may miss 13 or 14 games this year but don't let that take away from the awesome opportunity you will have the next year. Enjoy Japan!

Rooster'srule 06-05-2014 02:55 PM

I can not believe someone has not ask you this already but Can I have your tickets? I asked first!:football: