CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207104)

kingoftheroost 06-06-2014 04:18 PM

Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Hey everyone. Last week, my wife's aunt finally lost her fight with breast cancer after 9 long years. That would be enough to ask for thoughts and prayers for her side of the family, but they just got some more bad news. One of her uncle's (a brother to her late aunt) got diagnosed with breast cancer the week before his sister passed. He just found out today he's already stage 3. He has made the decision not to undergo any type of treatment. As you can probably guess, all of this is pretty hard on my wife and that side of the family, so any good vibes, prayers, or anything else positive you care to send their way, it's much appreciated.

On a related note, I definitely need to get on my wife about scheduling a mammogram. Her grandmother (mother of the two already mentioned with breast cancer) passed away due to breast cancer, and now these two have it, so it's obviously quite prevalent in that family for whatever reason. She's worried about being able to pay for it because she's 39 (as of today, in fact), and insurance won't cover it until she's 40.

TheMule 06-06-2014 04:29 PM

Re: Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers

Legalman72 06-06-2014 04:31 PM

Re: Please keep my wife and her side of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent.

USCBatgirl21 06-06-2014 04:31 PM

Not sure, but her doctor might be able to get around that "paying for it" issue by making it a medical necessity due to her family history. I have some family history issues myself (not breast cancer but other female things) that insurance usually deems "elective" but my doctor got around that for me. It took some doing, but she got it done.

kingoftheroost 06-06-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 (Post 4177501)
Not sure, but her doctor might be able to get around that "paying for it" issue by making it a medical necessity due to her family history. I have some family history issues myself (not breast cancer but other female things) that insurance usually deems "elective" but my doctor got around that for me. It took some doing, but she got it done.

I'll bring that up to her, because this definitely seems like it should fit the bill for a history that suggests a real threat.

USCBatgirl21 06-06-2014 04:38 PM

Hope it works out for her. It couldn't hurt to at least try, and honestly...it's well worth the money if she did have to pay for it now.

Spurticus 06-06-2014 04:41 PM

You got it my man

rolinb1 06-07-2014 03:57 PM

Prayers sent...

Travelin 06-07-2014 04:07 PM

Prayers sent, KOTR.

markymark550 06-07-2014 04:28 PM

Praying for your family.

COCKYWOOD 06-07-2014 06:18 PM

Prayers sent.

Gamecocks1137 06-07-2014 07:13 PM

Prayers for you, your wife, and her family.

ds401 06-07-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4177489)
Hey everyone. Last week, my wife's aunt finally lost her fight with breast cancer after 9 long years. That would be enough to ask for thoughts and prayers for her side of the family, but they just got some more bad news. One of her uncle's (a brother to her late aunt) got diagnosed with breast cancer the week before his sister passed. He just found out today he's already stage 3. He has made the decision not to undergo any type of treatment. As you can probably guess, all of this is pretty hard on my wife and that side of the family, so any good vibes, prayers, or anything else positive you care to send their way, it's much appreciated.

On a related note, I definitely need to get on my wife about scheduling a mammogram. Her grandmother (mother of the two already mentioned with breast cancer) passed away due to breast cancer, and now these two have it, so it's obviously quite prevalent in that family for whatever reason. She's worried about being able to pay for it because she's 39 (as of today, in fact), and insurance won't cover it until she's 40.

http://breastcancer.about.com/od/Fre...Mammograms.htm

Do a self breast exam

October is breast cancer awareness month

Mammogram range from $75-250

HAS SHE TOLD THE INS. COMPANY THAT THERE IS A MALE AND FEMALE FAMILY HISTORY OF BREAST CANCER IN HER FAMILY?

b381l 06-08-2014 01:14 AM

King, your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

kingoftheroost 06-08-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ds401 (Post 4178056)
http://breastcancer.about.com/od/Fre...Mammograms.htm

Do a self breast exam

October is breast cancer awareness month

Mammogram range from $75-250

HAS SHE TOLD THE INS. COMPANY THAT THERE IS A MALE AND FEMALE FAMILY HISTORY OF BREAST CANCER IN HER FAMILY?

Not yet, because her uncle was only diagnosed about two weeks ago. I'm staying on her about it, because it's obviously a serious issue.

Thank you to everyone!

JaxcockFL 06-08-2014 01:46 PM

Done