CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs - Updated with Individual Rankings (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207139)

CoverTwo 06-09-2014 12:32 PM

Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs - Updated with Individual Rankings
 
Team Rankings Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...quarterbacks-6

Individual Rankings Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...espnapi_public

You know its a weird year when Ole Miss and Miss State are ahead of Alabama, Georgia, aTm, UF, and LSU..

Observations:

1) What is with all the hype about Maty Mauk? I just don't understand it.

2) Florida being rated ahead of us is a joke.

3) Is Alabama really hurting that bad that they have to rely on a transfer that isn't even in school yet? What happened to Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell?

4) LSU has the weirdest QB situation year to year I've ever seen. It seems to have been forever since they had "that guy" behind center.

5) UGA is in a world of hurt if Mason goes down.

6) Dak Prescott is a Heisman sleeper candidate.

Biocockanics 06-09-2014 12:36 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Maty Muak looked really, really good last year as a young player.

Driscol has the talent if he can be allowed to play to a system that is his strength, he did lead them to what...11-2 a couple years ago?

JDStud6 06-09-2014 12:56 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Mauk did look very good in some games, but not great in others. I wasn't too impressed with him when we played them. He was 10 for 25 for 249. That's pretty sad considering 96 yards came on one play. Take that out and it's 9 for 24 for 153. I'd still be happy to have him.

I'd probably switch us and FL, but other than that not a bad list.

JD

Ericvol2096 06-09-2014 01:06 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Call me crazy but I think Worley could have a good year this year.

SCohioBoy 06-09-2014 01:09 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4178481)
Call me crazy but I think Worley could have a good year this year.

:lol:

treys1986 06-09-2014 01:16 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
I don't get all the Hype about Mauk either. Dude had some incredible receivers to throw to last year. I was not impressed with him at all in our game.

Driskel, or however you spell it, didn't impress me when he was healthy. Don't see a huge leap from him this year.

Dylan is a wild card for most. He can be erratic at times, but he has the arm strength. Just needs to reign in the accuracy a bit.

SCohioBoy 06-09-2014 01:30 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by treys1986 (Post 4178497)
I don't get all the Hype about Mauk either. Dude had some incredible receivers to throw to last year. I was not impressed with him at all in our game.

Driskel, or however you spell it, didn't impress me when he was healthy. Don't see a huge leap from him this year.

Dylan is a wild card for most. He can be erratic at times, but he has the arm strength. Just needs to reign in the accuracy a bit.

Mauk threw 11 TDs to 2 INTs. He will be solid. He can also make plays with his feet.

FanofCarolina1 06-09-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 (Post 4178481)
Call me crazy but I think Worley could have a good year this year.

Eric you crazy. :lol: had to do it

Helicopter Cock 06-09-2014 01:48 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4178463)
Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...quarterbacks-6

You know its a weird year when Ole Miss and Miss State are ahead of Alabama, Georgia, aTm, UF, and LSU..

Observations:

1) What is with all the hype about Maty Mauk? I just don't understand it.

2) Florida being rated ahead of us is a joke.

3) Is Alabama really hurting that bad that they have to rely on a transfer that isn't even in school yet? What happened to Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell?

4) LSU has the weirdest QB situation year to year I've ever seen. It seems to have been forever since they had "that guy" behind center.

5) UGA is in a world of hurt if Mason goes down.

6) Dak Prescott is a Heisman sleeper candidate.

Yeah Driskell ahead of us is a joke; I also don't trust Bo Wallace as a QB and don't see the infatuation with him really.

Dak Prescott is the real deal.

Ericvol2096 06-09-2014 01:51 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
I think it is the summer time optimism...talk to me a few hours after the Oklahoma game and I'm sure I will have a different opinion.

sunbeam 06-09-2014 01:55 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Driskel really could be a surprise this year. Inconsistent passer, but my god he can run.

I'm not sure Muschamp brought in the right guy to call plays though.

I'll say this though, if somehow Driskel had played for Auburn last year, I think he would have had as good a season as Marshal did.

Florida is a mystery. They've had a number of really bad for them seasons lately. Out of all the east teams I really think they are the one I most worry about losing to.

Yet they still have arguably the best talent in the east on the roster, even ahead of Georgia (I tend to think the talent is there on offense, they just have had idiots calling the plays).

No idea what kind of record Muschamp needs to save his job. The smart thing for Florida to do is dump him, and get someone with a better chance of delivering what is achievable there and actually doing it.

But I think Florida really could contend for the East this year. I think their defense will be the best in the East. If someone with a clue puts in an offense that is tailored to run the ball, eat clock, and run Driskel which is his true strength they will be a tough team to beat, particularly in Gainesville.

In short I am glad Malzahn isn't down there. Really, really glad.

If this is Muschamp's last season, wonder if they would pull on the Mullen string. If State has a really good year, and this is Muschamp's last, I could see them doing it.

Latt7more 06-09-2014 01:59 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
I can't stand the Dak Prescott hype. Heisman candidate? I just don't see how that's in any way possible when the best Miss State can do this year is what…8-4? That would include 3 straight losses to LSU, A&M, and Auburn. That's very likely too. I'll get off my Dak Prescott hate soapbox, but I just don't see him leading Miss State to anything worth bragging about this year…especially not a Heisman.

CoverTwo 06-09-2014 02:09 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Latt7more (Post 4178533)
I can't stand the Dak Prescott hype. Heisman candidate? I just don't see how that's in any way possible when the best Miss State can do this year is what…8-4? That would include 3 straight losses to LSU, A&M, and Auburn. That's very likely too. I'll get off my Dak Prescott hate soapbox, but I just don't see him leading Miss State to anything worth bragging about this year…especially not a Heisman.

He has work to do passing the football for sure but he ran for 893 yards and 13 scores last year. He is made for Mullen's offense and just a beast when he gets it going. I imagine he is going to be a 2,000 yard passer / 1,000 yard rusher this year with a butt load of scores.

Also State's schedule isn't too bad. They have to go to LSU and Alabama, but their other challenging games are at home.

cockfight21 06-09-2014 02:23 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
USC should be higher. This is a weird year at QB though, lots of star power gone. Hard to rank them at all. I would say Driskel, individually, should be No. 1 right now. Marshall 2, Wallace 3, Thompson 4, Prescott 5, Mauk 6, then who the eff knows.

Mauk has a live arm so people are on his nuts.

Latt7more 06-09-2014 02:27 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4178539)
He has work to do passing the football for sure but he ran for 893 yards and 13 scores last year. He is made for Mullen's offense and just a beast when he gets it going. I imagine he is going to be a 2,000 yard passer / 1,000 yard rusher this year with a butt load of scores.

Also State's schedule isn't too bad. They have to go to LSU and Alabama, but their other challenging games are at home.

I just can't see him being a household name. Who would you compare him to? I see him as a poor nonreligious man's Tebow.

Goofyboy 06-09-2014 02:32 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
With most QB's their performance is boosted or broken by the offensive line play. We may have the best situation there we've had in a long time.

TKE226 06-09-2014 02:42 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
A lot of unknowns across the board...including DT. Should be fun to watch.

Helicopter Cock 06-09-2014 02:47 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockfight21 (Post 4178555)
USC should be higher. This is a weird year at QB though, lots of star power gone. Hard to rank them at all. I would say Driskel, individually, should be No. 1 right now. Marshall 2, Wallace 3, Thompson 4, Prescott 5, Mauk 6, then who the eff knows.

Mauk has a live arm so people are on his nuts.

Uhhhhhhhhh, have we watched the same games???? Driskel is brutal. No way I'd put him #1.

Flameout12 06-09-2014 03:05 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Last 3....TAMU, Arky and UK. Didn't use to be like that. UK used to have decent QBs and Arky (Ryan Mallett/Tyler Wilson) was a beast....TAMU=Johnny Football and Taneyhill.

Thenardier 06-09-2014 03:34 PM

Re: Chris Low ranks SEC's QBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cockfight21 (Post 4178555)
USC should be higher. This is a weird year at QB though, lots of star power gone. Hard to rank them at all. I would say Driskel, individually, should be No. 1 right now. Marshall 2, Wallace 3, Thompson 4, Prescott 5, Mauk 6, then who the eff knows.

Mauk has a live arm so people are on his nuts.

Ahahahahahahaha


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.