CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Lonnie Chisenhall has historic night at the plate (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207160)

bhusc2002 06-10-2014 06:50 AM

Lonnie Chisenhall has historic night at the plate

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-...044524147.html

This may not be the place for this, due to the circumstances of his departure from the program, but he was a Gamecock for a year.

COCKDIESEL 06-10-2014 08:07 AM

Re: Lonnie Chisenhall has historic night at the plate

Lets play the what could have been game.

:-|

rrsandersjr 06-10-2014 09:40 AM

I saw that...what happened to his highly regarded partner in crime...I can't recall the pitcher's name

MisterClowney 06-10-2014 09:59 AM

That's odd. He didn't have any steals.

usc1 06-10-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsandersjr (Post 4178991)
I saw that...what happened to his highly regarded partner in crime...I can't recall the pitcher's name

Nick Fuller. I believe he's still the highest drafted player we've ever had come here (3rd round). Not sure what happened to him, all I know is he was drafted again a couple years later out of whatever school he transferred to in the 25th round.

ReadR00ster 06-10-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL (Post 4178954)
Lets play the what could have been game.

:-|

Yeah, maybe we would have won back to back national championships.

Latt7more 06-10-2014 12:03 PM

Even without him, that squad had the best lineup of infielders I think we have ever had. Darnell, Havens, Jones, Smoak, and Disher behind the plate. They were filthy, just no leaders on that team.

ipull4usc 06-10-2014 01:58 PM

I couldn't care less about Lonnie Chisenhall. He is not a Gamecock. I highly doubt Florida fans care one bit about Cam Newton, and Chisenhall was even less of a Gamecock than Newton was a Gator.

bhusc2002 06-10-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4179151)
I couldn't care less about Lonnie Chisenhall. He is not a Gamecock. I highly doubt Florida fans care one bit about Cam Newton, and Chisenhall was even less of a Gamecock than Newton was a Gator.

Obviously you could, or you would not have taken the time to open the thread, which was clearly labeled, and post your comment in here. Or, maybe that's just me. I don't normally read and post in threads I don't care about.

bigdog2003 06-10-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc1 (Post 4179033)
Nick Fuller. I believe he's still the highest drafted player we've ever had come here (3rd round). Not sure what happened to him, all I know is he was drafted again a couple years later out of whatever school he transferred to in the 25th round.

He must not have done much, I can't find any stats from his minor league career on any of the baseball history sites and they keep stats on everybody that plays.

rioninusc 06-10-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhusc2002 (Post 4179228)
Obviously you could, or you would not have taken the time to open the thread, which was clearly labeled, and post your comment in here. Or, maybe that's just me. I don't normally read and post in threads I don't care about.

He does care, it's in his post of "I couldn't care less" So he could not care less... so he cares more.

USCBatgirl21 06-11-2014 11:14 AM

Here's the thing for those harboring continued ill will toward Lonnie...Ray gave an interview in the past few years where Lonnie's name came up. Ray sounded as if he's forgiven him, and wishes him well in his endeavors now. Perhaps y'all should to?

Also, the main difference between what Lonnie and Nick did, vs what our football players did at the end of the season, is that Lonnie and Nick were immediately kicked off the team, and not given the option to come back, as our football players were given. Both stole from their school, teammates, classmates. Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?

RHHS8068 06-11-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 (Post 4179811)
Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?

Which football players are you referring to?

USCBatgirl21 06-11-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHHS8068 (Post 4179834)

When there was the break-in after the 2004 season, there was a player that sat out a year as punishment but came back to play. The name is escaping me right now. A RB maybe? Or am I confusing this with another transgression of a similar nature? Then again, I could be having a complete blonde moment.

I just find it sad that we can welcome some back after transgressions but can't extend the same to others.

ShutTheSuccop 06-11-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHHS8068 (Post 4179834)

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/...77_grid21.html

here is an article during Spurrier's tenure but I think the thefts occurred before he arrived (I could be wrong there)...

U-Dub Gamecock 06-12-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 (Post 4179811)
Here's the thing for those harboring continued ill will toward Lonnie...Ray gave an interview in the past few years where Lonnie's name came up. Ray sounded as if he's forgiven him, and wishes him well in his endeavors now. Perhaps y'all should to?

Also, the main difference between what Lonnie and Nick did, vs what our football players did at the end of the season, is that Lonnie and Nick were immediately kicked off the team, and not given the option to come back, as our football players were given. Both stole from their school, teammates, classmates. Why the "love" for the football players when they came back, and the continued "love" today, but none for Lonnie?

Fuller and Chisenhall stole DIRECTLY from the coaches that recruited them, that gave them a scholarship... $3100 out of Toman's locker(perdium money for a road trip)...

I don't agree with the football players being allowed back, but it is different to me