CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   ESPN ranks SEC's WR/TEs (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207217)

CoverTwo 06-11-2014 12:00 PM

ESPN ranks SEC's WR/TEs

Team Rankings

Individual haven't been posted yet.

CoverTwo 06-11-2014 12:15 PM

Re: ESPN Ranks SEC's WR/TEs

Observations:

1) Our secondary is going to have their hands full with aTm's group. They have stock piled so much talent at the skill positions since they've joined the SEC. If we can't get to their QB, its going to be tough sledding.

2) Should UGA really be that high with all those guys coming back from ACL? I mean we know they are talented but sheesh.

3) I think Auburn is too high. Coates is good but the rest of the cast is kind of meh, IMO. Putting a lot of faith in Williams.

4) Don't look now but UT is reloading with WR talent, again.

5) Laquan Treadwell is going to be so much fun to watch this year.

6) Doesn't look like that Joker Phillips hire is working too well in Gainesville.

Overall its kind of a down year this year with this group, IMO.

Helicopter Cock 06-11-2014 12:22 PM

Re: ESPN Ranks SEC's WR/TEs

Also, Bama with Cooper and Howard. Coker will have plenty of options to throw to it seems.

uscGRAD04 06-11-2014 12:40 PM

Re: ESPN ranks SEC's WR/TEs

Don't worry abt our height at WR Roland plays bigger than his 6'1 frame

Biocockanics 06-11-2014 01:24 PM

idc how BIG ROland plays, if he doesn't hang onto the ball more often it's a moot point. he FINALLY "caught on" in the closing games of last season, but aside from that he's been largely forgettable thus far, IMHO.

Cockypantherfan 06-11-2014 01:24 PM

Realistically how much could Googer or Shaq Davidson see the field this year?

CoverTwo 06-11-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4179943)
Realistically how much could Googer or Shaq Davidson see the field this year?

Googer maybe as the Wildcat QB.

Other than that, its not likely. Shaq Davidson sits behind Roland and Jeffery at X. Although with the way Shamier has been so far, I reckon you couldn't rule out Shaq beating him out if the staff wants to speed up his development for next year when he could be the starter (assuming Roland goes pro). TBS did a report this week that said Shaq D was impressive in the first 7 on 7 workout .. Googer will be behind Byrd and Jones at B. His time is next year as well and he would probably see the field this year if Byrd and Jones weren't so reliable.

rioninusc 06-11-2014 01:28 PM

Already a bias in this article, mine as well put BAMA/AU as a ? because the writer writes about those schools. I don't consider BAMA to have great receivers they have great RB's, and good receivers.

Thenardier 06-11-2014 01:33 PM

*facepalm

Cockypantherfan 06-11-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4179945)
Googer maybe as the Wildcat QB.

Other than that, its not likely. Shaq Davidson sits behind Roland and Jeffery at X. Although with the way Shamier has been so far, I reckon you couldn't rule out Shaq beating him out if the staff wants to speed up his development for next year when he could be the starter (assuming Roland goes pro). TBS did a report this week that said Shaq D was impressive in the first 7 on 7 workout .. Googer will be behind Byrd and Jones at B. His time is next year as well and he would probably see the field this year if Byrd and Jones weren't so reliable.

Thanks. What impressed me the most watching Davidson's high school tape was his ability in the open field. I'm thinking maybe we can utilize that some this year unless he redshirts.

JDStud6 06-11-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4179942)
idc how BIG ROland plays, if he doesn't hang onto the ball more often it's a moot point. he FINALLY "caught on" in the closing games of last season, but aside from that he's been largely forgettable thus far, IMHO.

Yea Roland needs to be more consistent. He makes some amazing catches sometimes, then others he drops or doesn't hang on. If he plays like he did last year, I don't see him going pro early.

JD

uscjeremynca 06-11-2014 02:49 PM

Individual ones have been posted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...de-receivers-3

JDStud6 06-11-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscjeremynca (Post 4180061)

Not a single Gamecock on there. I thought maybe Roland would make the top 10. A good list though. Right now again we don't have a superstar WR to start the season, but every year someone steps up!

JD

crowcutta 06-11-2014 03:10 PM

roland could have easily made the top 10 but these are all opinion. for instance the no.10 wr from lsu had 7 rec 145 yd 2 td last year. christion jones from alabama has gone over 50 yards receiving vs fbs opponents twice in his career. malcolm mitchell is extremely fast, but coming off an acl tear and has a career high of 4 td's in a single season.

based on production, cooper, coates, treadwell, and lewis deserve to be at the top. no.5 onward you can pretty much throw those names in a hat along with shaq.

Goofyboy 06-11-2014 03:12 PM

At Carolina, the potential for improvement at tight end consists of throwing to them. I'd bet the yardage per target is around the highest in the league. All 3 of our tall upperclassmen TE's can block, and I've heard the freshman, August, can also. I'm betting that Thompson uses them more than before and doesn't take off as often. We'll see. If it happens they will be considered the "most improved" group in the country.

CockyLifer 06-11-2014 10:46 PM

What a crappy list. But we always win with the under rated guys so what else is new?

CockyLifer 06-11-2014 11:01 PM

Win anyway!

GarnetSwarm1990 06-12-2014 01:11 AM

WR/TE rankings are mostly about stats and most of our guys didn't get a ton of catches last year. That might be what hurt us some.

Our leading guy returning besides mike davis is Byrd and he only had 33 catches for 575 and 4 TD's. I mean, we know what kind of talent we have but if you're judging based on numbers then our guys don't look that great.

SportyCock 06-12-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyboy (Post 4180085)
At Carolina, the potential for improvement at tight end consists of throwing to them. I'd bet the yardage per target is around the highest in the league. All 3 of our tall upperclassmen TE's can block, and I've heard the freshman, August, can also. I'm betting that Thompson uses them more than before and doesn't take off as often. We'll see. If it happens they will be considered the "most improved" group in the country.

This. We have one of the most talented TE groups in the country, and yes Dylan will get the ball to them enough to show it this year, if coach let's it happen.

Ericvol2096 06-12-2014 08:32 AM

This list is garbage.

Alex's reasoning for TN being so low is stupid also. Pig Howard isn't going to start no matter what. JUCO Von Pearson was an absolute freak this spring and is going to start in the slot. Malone and Croom will rotate opposite North.

This is the one unit I know TN has top half SEC talent.