CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Newbie Here and Ticket Question!! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207237)

SayleBoat 06-11-2014 10:28 PM

Newbie Here and Ticket Question!!

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone here!

Just accepted my seat in the Darla Moore School of Business for my MBA and am excited to be one of the newest fans of the Gamecocks.

Look forward to reading and responding to all of you! GO COCKS!

P.S. Is there any chance at all of grabbing season tickets this year, or is there a waiting list?

rolinb1 06-11-2014 10:35 PM

Re: Newbie Here and Ticket Question!!

Welcome!

CockyLifer 06-11-2014 10:39 PM

:clap:Welcome to the family!

rdwylie 06-11-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayleBoat (Post 4180354)

Just accepted my seat in the Darla Moore School of Business for my MBA and am excited to be one of the newest fans of the Gamecocks.

P.S. Is there any chance at all of grabbing season tickets this year, or is there a waiting list?

Welcome!

I suppose this is one of the improvement our Tagger fans are criticizing us about. Come on USC! How can you expect people to learn if all we can offer them is a CHAIR. At least pitch them a tent or throw up a lean-to or something. Those utility building come cheap.

Do not worry Sayle. We will lobby for a whole building for you before you graduate.:thumbsup:

Coulwoodwarlord 06-11-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayleBoat (Post 4180354)

There isn't a waiting list. You have to join the Gamecock Club first. 803-777-4274
:thumbsup:

SayleBoat 06-11-2014 10:54 PM

Thanks for the information and the contact number!

SayleBoat 06-11-2014 10:56 PM

A building sounds awesome!! Thanks for the help.....

SC Sandlapper 06-11-2014 11:02 PM

Think you have to "wait til next year" on the season tickets but you can usually find tickets to football games one way or another.

rdwylie 06-12-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayleBoat (Post 4180387)
A building sounds awesome!! Thanks for the help.....

You got it dude. Anything I can do to help. Seriously though, congrats on getting into the MBA school! May God bless all your efforts in accordance with your determined preparation.

SayleBoat 06-12-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwylie (Post 4180519)
You got it dude. Anything I can do to help. Seriously though, congrats on getting into the MBA school! May God bless all your efforts in accordance with your determined preparation.

Thanks for that. I have to say that the people I have met so far have welcomed me with open arms.

Looking forward to getting started with MBA, but more excited about the start of football season. I used to go with my dad down to Williams Brice when Arkansas came to town. He played and was on the National Championship team for Arkansas way back in the day. We always had a great time in that stadium.

And, I've been to the Clemson/Carolina game a few times, but never really cared about who won.

I DO NOW!!!!!!!!

Sir Cuss 06-12-2014 10:12 PM

Wait, you're in school at USC? (Like the real one, not Aiken or something?)

If so, you can get student tickets.

SayleBoat 06-12-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Cuss (Post 4181405)
Wait, you're in school at USC? (Like the real one, not Aiken or something?)

If so, you can get student tickets.

Yeah, at USC. I am in Grad school though, so I wasn't sure about student tickets, especially with a wife and son!? I mean, I would take student tickets all day for me, but I'm not sure how my wife would feel about that.

I'm sure my 7 year old son would love to stand in the student section!!!

Sir Cuss 06-12-2014 10:27 PM

Yeah - you start off with the same points as juniors for their year (3 loyalty points).

Same with all graduate students at USC. Also, upon graduation, if you sign up on time, you get one free year as a century club (I think) member of the Gamecock Club.

But, you only get one ticket. The dues for this year are past due for receiving a ticket as a Gamecock Club member I think, but you can always wait for the mini-game packs that will likely come out in July.

SayleBoat 06-12-2014 10:30 PM

WOW! That sounds like the way I need to go then. I will call tomorrow.

Thanks for the information!

Sir Cuss 06-12-2014 10:32 PM

Good luck! I'm pretty sure I'm correct on the information about the dues being past due, but make sure - I don't want to give you the wrong information. My packet said May was the last date to sign up for season tickets for football.