CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scariest Dream You've Ever Had (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207254)

Gamecocks321 06-12-2014 04:23 PM

Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
What was the scariest dream you have ever had? I'm talking about a dream that you woke up sweating, screaming, or just too scared to go back to sleep from.

Thenardier 06-12-2014 04:31 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Dreamt that I woke up, and found a snake sitting on my chest, just as it struck I actually woke up. Checked the bed and floor for a snake just to be on the safe side, lol.

LBC 06-12-2014 04:35 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
It had to do with my children and I'll leave it at that.

Cockypantherfan 06-12-2014 05:00 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Had a dream one night that I was standing at the bed of one of my parents as they were taking their last breath... that scared the shit out of me and made me emotional when I woke up from it. Thank god it was only a dream.


As for scariest, I had just fallen asleep one time when I dreamt there was this large spider that repelled from the ceiling and onto body as I was sleeping. I woke up so quickly and starting flinging my pillows and stuff around trying to find the damn thing... Glad it was just a dream because I do not like spiders!

:lol:

TheMule 06-12-2014 08:36 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LBC (Post 4180978)
It had to do with my children and I'll leave it at that.

This. And it doesn't matter how old they are or if they're grown & gone.

bigdog2003 06-12-2014 09:04 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
I hammock backpack a lot, hammock with a tarp over it is my shelter. Last time I went I had a dream that a bear was about to attack me in my hammock and the only thing I had to defend myself with was a stick.

cockymac 06-12-2014 09:29 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
I never, never, never remember my dreams. Kind of good, kind of bad. I'd like to remember some, but its good not to remember the nightmares.

Spurticus 06-12-2014 09:32 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
The one that shook me up the most was the one that actually came
true. I've posted that a couple of times before here.

The one that scared me the most was re-occurring dream I had about
two years ago, of walking down twisting road in the mountains all alone
and hearing the sound of a vehicle coming fast from a distance. I start
running and looking back and this white jeep is swerving back and forth
down this road and no matter where I move to get out of the way, it
keeps moving in line and towards me. I ended up jumping off the side
of the road and falling several feet and looking up to see the jeep
tumbling down the hill towards me as well. Just as it gets on top of
me I wake up.

Never used to have re-occurring dreams like that, but I had that same
dream several days apart three times. It finally stopped, and hasn't
happened again.

usc1 06-12-2014 09:43 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Don't remember.

Sir Cuss 06-12-2014 10:16 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4180974)
Dreamt that I woke up, and found a snake sitting on my chest, just as it struck I actually woke up. Checked the bed and floor for a snake just to be on the safe side, lol.

Honestly, I've had a couple of dreams like this (snake in the bed or something). I wake up, check the bed, and walk around - all while half asleep. Eventually I actually wake up and realize how stupid I was for thinking it was real.

brat 06-12-2014 11:06 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
It has been many years ago, but I had about three different bouts of the classic "sleep paralysis".

For anyone not familiar with the sensation, it is difficult to explain, however, I was both asleep and awake at the same time. i don't recall what I had been dreaming about, but I was suddenly aware that I was in fact dreaming. I think they call that lucid dreaming.

Soon after, I tried to wake up but was unable. What made it so panic like was not only could I not wake up, I could not move any muscle in my body, no matter how hard I tried. It felt like there was a tremendous weight on my chest, too, making it tough to breath. I believe that might be part of the old "hag dreams" you sometimes hear about. It must be similar to what some people feel in a panic attack, although I have never had one of those. Felt totally helpless, and I reckon I was.

This sensation lasted several minutes and I even realized, what was happening, but it still is a very scary feeling, quite aware of the normal sounds in the physical world. I had to remind myself that while this is somewhat rare, it is nothing really dangerous. Eventually, obviously, I woke up fully, and was no worse for the wear after gathering my senses and calming down.

Don't know what caused it, other than it may have been trigger from the lucid dream state. Luckily, the last one I had has been at least 25 years ago. Hope I never have another.

boowilliam4 06-12-2014 11:30 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
The worst for me were the dreams where i would feel like i was free falling all of a sudden. Woke me up everytime because it felt like I was on the Drop zone at Carowinds. I actually looked it up and its called a "Hypnic Jerk", says about 70% of people have experienced it.

USCMM 06-12-2014 11:41 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
This makes me grimace as I write it...

In my dream, I was lying awake in my bed looking at the trees outside. Just a normal night trying to go to sleep. But then, out of nowhere there is this blinding flash of light and a low boom. My heart starts thudding. I can hear car alarms going off in the distance and the wind starts picking up. Finally I regain my sight. In the distance there is a giant mushroom cloud. I get the overwhelming sense that the "shockwave" is coming my way. I am too terrified to move so I continue to watch in horror.

I hear a deep dog bark and growl and see the form of a black dog. It is looking straight at me and then starts to sprint at my window. It jumps through and lands on my chest pinning me to my bed. Its saliva was mixed with blood that was dripping all over me and my sheets. I open my mouth to yell for help but when I do it lunges at me and stuffs its head and its front legs down my throat. I can't breathe and I feel it scratching its way down my throat and latching its jaws on my heart. It tugs and pulls my heart out of my throat like it is playing tug-of-war and then holds my heart in my jaws as I stare at it. I wake up...

Ole Gregg 06-13-2014 12:25 AM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
yawl are really messed up. I dreamed I dropped my $7 corndog at the fair one time and it went past the 5 second rule.

Gamecocks1137 06-13-2014 12:40 AM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
I had a dream the world was infected, something like Zombies. I have been watching too much walking dead.

bertoholic 06-13-2014 12:48 AM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
The worst that happened to me was I had one of those dreams where you wake up in the dream but you're still a sleep. It was different kind of shock nightmares, that kept happening In the same sleep cycle. When I finally woke up I was so freaked out because I didn't know if I was awake or still asleep. I'm still not sure.

bobbycock 06-13-2014 11:34 AM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Worst dream I ever had was when I was a kid around 5 years old. Mom told me not to play around this muddy area where the neighbor had just taken his round pool down for the winter. I dreamt that I was in the muddy circle and the ground swallowed me up. I was terrified. And it was the worst...why?... because it was 55 years ago. lol

COCKYTALKIN 06-13-2014 12:15 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brat (Post 4181468)
It has been many years ago, but I had about three different bouts of the classic "sleep paralysis".

For anyone not familiar with the sensation, it is difficult to explain, however, I was both asleep and awake at the same time. i don't recall what I had been dreaming about, but I was suddenly aware that I was in fact dreaming. I think they call that lucid dreaming.

Soon after, I tried to wake up but was unable. What made it so panic like was not only could I not wake up, I could not move any muscle in my body, no matter how hard I tried. It felt like there was a tremendous weight on my chest, too, making it tough to breath. I believe that might be part of the old "hag dreams" you sometimes hear about. It must be similar to what some people feel in a panic attack, although I have never had one of those. Felt totally helpless, and I reckon I was.

This sensation lasted several minutes and I even realized, what was happening, but it still is a very scary feeling, quite aware of the normal sounds in the physical world. I had to remind myself that while this is somewhat rare, it is nothing really dangerous. Eventually, obviously, I woke up fully, and was no worse for the wear after gathering my senses and calming down.

Don't know what caused it, other than it may have been trigger from the lucid dream state. Luckily, the last one I had has been at least 25 years ago. Hope I never have another.

I've had something similar, maybe the same thing, happen a few times. But I'm not sure if I am actually awake and can't move or dreaming that I can't move. Typically in the dream there is a loved one that needs my help but I can't move out of my bed nor can I make a single sound. When I finally wake up, there is nothing happening. That's why I'm not sure if I am awake at all. I've probably had a half dozen or so of these.

brat 06-13-2014 12:33 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN (Post 4181811)
I've had something similar, maybe the same thing, happen a few times. But I'm not sure if I am actually awake and can't move or dreaming that I can't move. Typically in the dream there is a loved one that needs my help but I can't move out of my bed nor can I make a single sound. When I finally wake up, there is nothing happening. That's why I'm not sure if I am awake at all. I've probably had a half dozen or so of these.


No doubt there are several variations or stages to this and other sleep anomalies. I was most definitely awake, yet not awake. Once I tried to wake up from my dream, the dream stopped. It was simply me, in bed, paralysis of all moment, unable to open my eyes and get to a normal, waking state. I was afraid I would suffocate with the pressure I felt on my chest and not feeling a normal breath. That is what scared me most and knowing I could not control my own body.

I am the type person who very rarely remembers dreams or even dreaming (which we all do, of course, many times a night, and I happened to hear recently someone estimate up to 30 dreams in a normal, full night's sleep), at all. I am OK with that.

ccured 06-13-2014 12:35 PM

Re: Scariest Dream You've Ever Had
 
Scariest dream I ever had was scary because it was recurring not because of content. I was 12 or 13. Had a recurring dream of Alice Cooper singing amazing grace. 10 nights. Then on the evening that would have been 11th I was watching mlb all star game. They had a montage of people singing take me out to the ball game. Alice Cooper was part of it. Singing behind catchers mask and ripped it off. Creeper me out


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.