CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mini Plan Football Tickets Announced... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207278)

thekob 06-13-2014 11:23 AM

Mini Plan Football Tickets Announced...

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...061314aaa.html

In a new twist this year, fans will have an option of purchasing either a four-game mini-plan or a three-game mini-plan.

The four-game mini-plan sells for $225 and includes tickets to the East Carolina (September 6), Missouri (September 27), Furman (October 18) and Tennessee (November 1) games.

The three-game mini-plan sells for just $135 and includes tickets to the Furman (October 18), Tennessee (November 1) and South Alabama (November 22) games.

bigduff32 06-13-2014 11:28 AM

Re: Mini Plan Football Tickets Announced...

Not gonna lie... I don't like those options. I figured the aTm game would be in a mini pack and the Georgia would be for gamecock members only like the last time we played them at home

thekob 06-13-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigduff32 (Post 4181774)
Not gonna lie... I don't like those options. I figured the aTm game would be in a mini pack and the Georgia would be for gamecock members only like the last time we played them at home

Yeah, me either. Last year was the first year that I bought tickets since being a student (10 year USC football game drought) and we were pretty excited about the $165 pack, which was UF, Vandy and Miss State. Outside of Mizzou & Tennessee and maybe ECU I figure you can pick up South Alabama and Furman for much cheaper. I'd be all over a 3 pack of Mizzou, UTenn & ECU, though.

MWard 06-13-2014 11:51 AM

If they want to sell the tickets for the smaller games, they could do a plan that included uga and it that mini game plan would sell out. They should've done a 3rd 3 game option of uga, south alabama, and furman.

Another idea would be a selection option where they could have different price points and charge premiums for games.

i.e.

Price $150
Choose 1
uga
tenn
mizz

and then

Choose 2
South Alabama
ECU
Furman

or another option:

Price $325
Choose 2
uga
tenn
mizz

Choose 2
South Alabama
Furman
ECU

bigdog2003 06-13-2014 12:05 PM

I usually buy the mini packs, but this year looks like I won't. I will just buy tickets to the bigger games online and then go to the smaller games and get tickets for a lot less than face value.

Spurz 06-13-2014 12:52 PM

It's kind of weird to me that they're so tightly controlling the A&M tickets. I'd understand it if JFF was still playing, but is this game really going to be in that much demand? (Especially given the day of the week/time it's set for.) I'm a little worried about being able to grab some single tickets for that now.

Nureye 06-13-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWard (Post 4181789)
They should've done a 3rd 3 game option of uga, south alabama, and furman.

It's strange to me to see people critiquing these mini-plans. The reason why UGA and aTm aren't in the plan is b/c all of those tickets will likely be sold. High school level Econ at best.

I hate the mini-paks.

Mainly, b/c there are too many threads on CT about them.

thekob 06-13-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nureye (Post 4181857)
It's strange to me to see people critiquing these mini-plans. The reason why UGA and aTm aren't in the plan is b/c all of those tickets will likely be sold. High school level Econ at best.

I hate the mini-paks.

Mainly, b/c there are too many threads on CT about them.

Feel free to start an anti-mini-pack thread.

Or just, given the title of the thread, don't click on it, certainly don't read it, definitely don't quote someone posting in the thread, and obviously don't post in the thread.

thekob 06-13-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurz (Post 4181844)
It's kind of weird to me that they're so tightly controlling the A&M tickets. I'd understand it if JFF was still playing, but is this game really going to be in that much demand? (Especially given the day of the week/time it's set for.) I'm a little worried about being able to grab some single tickets for that now.

You're right about it being on a Thursday night....those aren't the best attended I don't think. I guess it's because it's the first time we're playing them and it's the first game of the cross-division rivalry.

ConwayGamecock 06-13-2014 01:53 PM

Yeah, the aTm game is not only the season-opener, it's going to be a pretty big deal with it also being the SEC Network all-time opening game. The festivities and hoopla is probably going to dwarf whatever happens during a ESPN College Gameday site host gig does - there'll be a lot more going on that weekend than just a typical season-opening home game, which should be expected to be big enough on it's own accord. USC sold out every home game last season...

Missouri makes ses=nse because it's so far away, while UT is in a down period. They are still both good programs though, and each will have it's own interests and draws. But they won't include the big-draw games in these packages, and they shouldn't really. Not at this stage of the program's history...

bigduff32 06-13-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurz (Post 4181844)

I tend to disagree here... for two main reasons.

1. It's the first time we play aTm and we want to set an example
2. The premiere of the SEC Network is that game... don't be surprised if our fans make a GREAT first impression that's hard to live up to.

I for one am really pumped to go to the aTm game for those two reasons.

GapoGamecock51 06-13-2014 04:03 PM

Anyone in here want to get in to the game for free??? You'll have to work for it. But you get in free and get 3 quarters of football.

Gapo

uscgamecocks88 06-13-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigduff32 (Post 4182025)

2. The premiere of the SEC Network is that game... don't be surprised if our fans make a GREAT first impression that's hard to live up to.

Just hope Time Warner gets their s**t together before August 28....

Spurz 06-13-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigduff32 (Post 4182025)

Our first game against Missouri wasn't nearly as big of a deal, but I guess you're right that the SEC Network makes a difference. I'd forgotten about that, to tell you the truth...mostly because TWC still hasn't gotten on board.

Mikeyk1337 06-14-2014 01:30 PM

Off OP a small bit, but can anyone think back to when like the UGA tickets go on sale to GCC members only if their was ever South end zone tickets in possibly the 800 sections ever available? I always get the east stands wanted to try something new.
Thanks!