CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   destiny (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207281)

diehardgamecock 06-13-2014 03:53 PM

destiny

ok. i officially don't get it. i'm in the alpha...i don't understand the uber-hype for this game. it seems i am the only gamer on the planet who isn't going bonkers for this thing. and i'm an FPS fan.

it's pretty, even in the alpha form...i'll give it that.

sandstorm2001 06-15-2014 09:34 AM

Re: destiny

Yeah I was watching a friend stream the alpha and it didn't really look too exciting. I got bored after watching for 10 or 15 minutes.

ReadR00ster 06-15-2014 11:55 AM

Beacause it's an online shooter with a large open world in a Halo like style that is visually impressive with character creation and customization and leveling. It's kind of like Fallout meets Halo in a next gen online game. At least that is the impression I get from it.

rioninusc 06-15-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4183077)
Beacause it's an online shooter with a large open world in a Halo like style that is visually impressive with character creation and customization and leveling. It's kind of like Fallout meets Halo in a next gen online game. At least that is the impression I get from it.

Yeah it's more like a RPG/FPS. Games like BF, and COD as well as Halo have simple things added to them, and get you right into the action. Did you like Fallout 3 Diehard?

ReadR00ster 06-15-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4183284)
Yeah it's more like a RPG/FPS. Games like BF, and COD as well as Halo have simple things added to them, and get you right into the action. Did you like Fallout 3 Diehard?

I didn't play it. I only ever played Fallout 3 and that was enough for me. It doesn't seem like something I would like. I never really got in to those Ultima style games. Ultima Underworld not included because it was more like a elder scrolls first person RPG but way before.

diehardgamecock 06-15-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioninusc (Post 4183284)

i didn't play fallout.

i've read some more reviews and whatnot since starting this thread. i guess what i didn't get was that this is more of a "single player" type FPS game...yes, there is cooperative play, but that appears to be a vehicle to move through the story type modes. it's not really a game for those looking for player vs. player FPS action, even though it does have that mode (and i tried it...didn't hook me).

i'm glad those of you that are into this type of game are getting what appears to be a really polished one...i just don't think it's for me. i will likely pass on this one.

Cockadoo 06-18-2014 10:04 PM

Destiny' Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 exclusive content announced

Quote:

It starts with the Dust Palace Strike, a three-player co-op mission that takes place on Mars. There players will encounter the Cabal amid a buried human skyscraper and a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.

The new competitive multiplayer map is named “Exodus Blue” and is a mid-sized arena geared towards Control and Skirmish games modes. It is set in an ancient human spaceship used to transport passengers to new worlds.

The new gear includes the Manifold Seeker for Warlocks, Vanir for Titans and Argus for Hunters. There’s also the Monte Carlo assault rifle, with a rather dangerous looking fixed bayonet, and the Hawkmoon hand cannon complete with intricate “hawk feather” etchings. Both weapons are upgradeable.

New ships are included as well, though they are mostly decoration in “Destiny.” They include the Aurora Wake, Crypt Hammer and Outrageous Fortune. You can check out all three in the slideshow gallery.
http://www.examiner.com/article/dest...tent-announced

uscGRAD04 07-17-2014 09:49 AM

I was thinking today was the day the beta begins. But apparently that's just for PS4 and Xbox 1 is next week. So anybody on the PS4 playing let us know how it is.

The Yancey 07-17-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4183320)
i didn't play fallout.

Dude. Get the game. It is uber cheap on Steam sales.

SECgamecock453 07-17-2014 11:49 AM

I lost all interest in most console games after getting a gaming PC back in April and having Steam.

Spurred 07-17-2014 05:03 PM

If anyone has extra beta code for ps4 let me know

GoonSquad 07-17-2014 05:11 PM

Not excited. Evolve has me excited though.

riceatusc 09-08-2014 09:22 AM

going to pick it up tomorrow for the X1. I've been looking for a good game to hold me over until The Division and Witcher 3 come out

The Yancey 09-08-2014 10:25 AM

I'll just continue with ESO until this launches in November: http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/home/latest-trailer

ultimatetailgater 09-08-2014 11:25 AM

Not allowing pick up groups for the raids cost them my purchase. It's really tough to find 5 people who can play all at the same time for hours on end on your friends list. Supposedly the raids take days to complete. I guess they felt like they needed to cater to the vanilla WoW crowd.

CoverTwo 09-09-2014 12:58 PM

I've been watching some streams this morning. For the life of me I don't understand the hype for this game.

ultimatetailgater 09-09-2014 01:45 PM

It looks like borderlands\planetside meets halo with some MMO stuff thrown in.

Biocockanics 09-09-2014 01:52 PM

It's only hyped bc of Bungie

Order 66 09-09-2014 02:16 PM

Ehh...been playing that free game War frame on Xbox1. Pretty damn good for free.

diehardgamecock 09-09-2014 02:29 PM

get the golf club.

thank me later.