CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Game Day Wedding PLEASE HELP!!! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207300)

Cocked & Locked 06-14-2014 09:12 PM

Game Day Wedding PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok I know this topic has been on here a lot but my sister in-law is having her wedding on a cruise ship September 13th at 1pm. All of my in-laws are huge UGA fans and pretty much everyone that is going to the wedding are a bunch of Jawja Dawg fans. In fact her Dad played there in the 50's.

The dress is very casual and we were told that shorts were acceptable, but I want to really add a little extra class this wedding. The father of the bride is having a G sowed to his linen shirt and everyone is talking about changing before the game starts or during the reception.

I thought I would add a little class and I would like to wear a Personalize Gamecock Jersey just to piss everyone off.

Where can I get a personalized Gamecock Jersey as authentic as possible? I want my name on the back and my number on it as well.

No one is happy about the wedding date!!!!

Biocockanics 06-14-2014 09:17 PM

Re: Game Day Wedding PLEASE HELP!!!

Eh just pretend your broke your leg...they'll understand...and if they dont, it's only an In-law they aren't real people anyways.

Thenardier 06-14-2014 09:20 PM

Ha! Again, I say, Ha!

Cocky chick 06-14-2014 09:28 PM

Don't do it. Be classy and let her have a drama-free wedding.

Gamecocks1137 06-14-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocky chick (Post 4182842)
Don't do it. Be classy and let her have a drama-free wedding.

Yeh or make up some excuse to just not go. Then when they mention it later just say, you broke the southern rule of DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING ON GAMEDAY.

Thenardier 06-14-2014 09:44 PM

Claim you got norovirus, which will probably happen anyway.

ccured 06-14-2014 09:53 PM

If you go don't do that. Don't mess up there wedding. However definitely get gamecock attire.
http://m.garnetandblacktraditions.co...CALSG00389.JPGhttp://www.cufflinks.com/media/catal...2481780275.jpg
Then a polo and shorts during the game is everyone changes.

gamecockgal 06-14-2014 10:00 PM

I have seen Gamecock shorts too.. A Gamecock shirt and shorts would be AWESOME.

johnnyb 06-14-2014 10:14 PM

I wouldn't go...unless it was an am wedding and I was able to insure I would be home before the game starts

rdwylie 06-14-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked (Post 4182831)
Ok I know this topic has been on here a lot but my sister in-law is having her wedding on a cruise ship September 13th at 1pm. All of my in-laws are huge UGA fans and pretty much everyone that is going to the wedding are a bunch of Jawja Dawg fans. In fact her Dad played there in the 50's.

The dress is very casual and we were told that shorts were acceptable, but I want to really add a little extra class this wedding. The father of the bride is having a G sowed to his linen shirt and everyone is talking about changing before the game starts or during the reception.

I thought I would add a little class and I would like to wear a Personalize Gamecock Jersey just to piss everyone off.

Where can I get a personalized Gamecock Jersey as authentic as possible? I want my name on the back and my number on it as well.

No one is happy about the wedding date!!!!

What number? I'd go for 69. It is a wedding,
IJS......

Cocked & Locked 06-14-2014 11:02 PM

I've got to go because my wife is in it and my 8 year old daughter is the flower girl and she has a tiara with garnet and black stones. (hehe)! This is not your traditional type of wedding and because it is a 1pm we will have plenty of time to watch the game. Groom is wearing a linen short sleeve shirt, shorts and flip flops. This is my wife's older sister and I want to really see someone marry her before she becomes and OLD MAID!

I just want to wear the jersey to until they start taking pictures and then I'll change into one of my Gamecock Polo's. If you understood the rivalry I have with my in-laws you would understand why I have to do this. It will be more of a laughing matter than people getting upset.

So my question is where can I get a personalized Gamecock Jersey. It's got to be at least 3xlt. I've got to have my number on it and my name and I'm going to get one for the groom now with his name and the number 69 - thanks rdwylie!!!!

JaxcockFL 06-14-2014 11:09 PM

Why even bother? A wedding on a football Saturday is bound to fail anyhow. Either he doesn't have a pair, or hers are not in the right place. Something ain't right.

Cocked & Locked 06-14-2014 11:31 PM

I agree JaxcockFL, but since my wife and I are taking care of her parents without the help of the 2 sisters, we've got to take them to see their final daughter get married. I didn't want to do the cruise but my daughters have forced me into it. Those damn girls know exactly how twist the knife and know which finger I'm tied around.

Can anyone help me and let me know where I can get a Personalized Gamecock Jersey?

ktguen 06-14-2014 11:51 PM

Just don't go.

Cocked & Locked 06-15-2014 12:27 AM

I've got to period!! Have already worked it out with the ship to have the game on and I've already bought tickets for 6 people and 3 cabins!!

Plus I'll have to take of my father and mother in-law on the cruise. They are both retired and my father in-law is in poor health with dementia so I could never leave my wife to take care of her parents and the my daughters too.

The oldest sister in-law and her husband are just pieces of shit and both the oldest and the one getting married have put my father and mother in the financial situation they are in now. They are in bankruptcy and having their house foreclose probably next month.
My wife and I found out after the fact and are trying our best to bail them out financially as we can.

Someone please help me with the Personalized Gamecock Jersey.

I guess labeled the thread wrong - but the jersey is what I am looking for, not about how to get out of the wedding which unless I die by god I'm going according to wife.

Thenardier 06-15-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked (Post 4182947)
I've got to period!! Have already worked it out with the ship to have the game on and I've already bought tickets for 6 people and 3 cabins!!

Plus I'll have to take of my father and mother in-law on the cruise. They are both retired and my father in-law is in poor health with dementia so I could never leave my wife to take care of her parents and the my daughters too.

The oldest sister in-law and her husband are just pieces of shit and both the oldest and the one getting married have put my father and mother in the financial situation they are in now. They are in bankruptcy and having their house foreclose probably next month.
My wife and I found out after the fact and are trying our best to bail them out financially as we can.

Someone please help me with the Personalized Gamecock Jersey.

I guess labeled the thread wrong - but the jersey is what I am looking for, not about how to get out of the wedding which unless I die by god I'm going according to wife.

Don't do the Jersey, it's a dick move.

ccured 06-15-2014 08:03 AM

Gamecockstop.com or the physical store on rosewood. You can do personalized jerseys as long as you don't try to put a real name with a real number. I don't know if you can do what ever number you want or if they just put your name on the numbers they have

A. Pilgrim 06-15-2014 09:26 AM

i swear, some of y'all have some really ****ed up priorities.

does it suck that she chose a gameday, more specifically- a BIG gameday? sure.

But this idea of "a southern rule that no weddings should happen during the fall" is a load of horse shit. hopefully, if someone chooses a fall wedding- they choose a weekend that is agreeable with the schedule (bye week for the majority of the guests, or a non-conference, non-'big' game)

but if the bride doesnt? well...so be it.

any MAN can tell you, the wedding day is more for the bride (and her mother / parents) than it is for the groom. sure, its the groom's day as well, but a woman's wedding day is something they dream about for their entire life. A real man, a man who knows what it means to be a husband, knows that a husband is to put his wife on a pedestal, and a wife will love him and respect him for it. if the bride wants a fall wedding (say, outside- in the fall colors) then a man will work with his bride to make it happen in the most agreeable way, to fulfill her dream.

any man who loves football more than his bride shouldn't be getting married.

now, go ahead and flame away...tell me how a bride who loves her wedding more than her husband shouldnt be getting married, either...except that argument doesnt really work the same way. but try, anyways.

JaxcockFL 06-15-2014 10:07 AM

Whatever dude. All I know is that my wife hates football, but even she knew what season the wedding was going to be in. March 15 was our date. Pedestal works both ways.

A. Pilgrim 06-15-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4183041)
Whatever dude. All I know is that my wife hates football, but even she knew what season the wedding was going to be in. March 15 was our date. Pedestal works both ways.

Well, I'm not trying to get religious, but the pedestal was a very specific reference. And in that reference- it is not 'both ways'

There is a form of reciprocation, but it is not the same both ways.