CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   More bowl projections... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207372)

uscgamecocks88 06-17-2014 03:08 PM

More bowl projections...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...jections-2014/

Gator Bowl? Really? I know it's really early but that would not be a step in the right direction for this program

jrussjr 06-17-2014 03:23 PM

Re: More bowl projections...

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4184569)
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...jections-2014/

Gator Bowl? Really? I know it's really early but that would not be a step in the right direction for this program

IF that were to happen it will come from the fact that we should get the Cap1 bowl, at worst the Outback; however, since the BIG schools are tired of getting beat by us and we, in turn, are bored with beating the BIG schools, a "deal" may be made for us to go to that Gator bowl in order to play another conference. Unfortunately, it's the ACC in this case.
In fact, the only "good" scenario of us playing another BIG school is if we were to play Michigan St since Mark Dantonio is an USC Alum.

Personally, I'm looking forward to going to Pasadena and playing a west coast team before going on to the NCG!!

MisterClowney 06-17-2014 03:26 PM

Well, he's saying we finish fifth in the SEC. I don't know how I feel about that. I really want a top 4 finish in the conference.

jrussjr 06-17-2014 03:31 PM

The ESPN prediction (link on the SDS page) give an interesting matchup; if we can't get the top 4, the Orange would be better than the Cap1/Outback loop we've been in recently.

SCohioBoy 06-17-2014 03:34 PM

It's Sporting New's projections, not SDS. SDS is "reporting" on another source's report.

GarnetSwarm1990 06-17-2014 03:36 PM

On the bright side, they got clemmy in the belk bowl playing ole miss who can easily beat them.

bigdog2003 06-17-2014 03:41 PM

If we played Miami, how many Miami fans would show up?

uscgamecocks88 06-17-2014 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4184620)

All 300 of them

uscgamecocks88 06-17-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4184606)
The ESPN prediction (link on the SDS page) give an interesting matchup; if we can't get the top 4, the Orange would be better than the Cap1/Outback loop we've been in recently.

Interesting how they have FSU missing the top 4

jrussjr 06-17-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4184611)
It's Sporting New's projections, not SDS. SDS is "reporting" on another source's report.

Curious, who said anything about SDS's projection? I know I referenced on link on their page that they had this "report" on.

SCohioBoy 06-17-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4184639)
Curious, who said anything about SDS's projection? I know I referenced on link on their page that they had this "report" on.

Never did, just pointing it out. SDS is another Bleacher Report.

uscgamecocks88 06-17-2014 06:57 PM

Just read this:

After the Capital One Bowl, there will be a pool of six bowls comprised of renewals with the Outback, Gator, Music City and Liberty as well as new pacts with the Belk Bowl in Charlotte and the Texas Bowl in Houston.

The conference office, after consulting with its member institutions, will assign the teams for these six bowls.

Sounds like the conference itself will be more involved. Don't be surprised if we get a Belk or Gator bowl at some point just cause were close, so more fans can come, which would mean more money for the SEC

jrussjr 06-17-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4184868)
Just read this:

After the Capital One Bowl, there will be a pool of six bowls comprised of renewals with the Outback, Gator, Music City and Liberty as well as new pacts with the Belk Bowl in Charlotte and the Texas Bowl in Houston.

The conference office, after consulting with its member institutions, will assign the teams for these six bowls.

Sounds like the conference itself will be more involved. Don't be surprised if we get a Belk or Gator bowl at some point just cause were close, so more fans can come, which would mean more money for the SEC

And not have to play another BIG10 school; although, as mentioned earlier, it would be nice to play Michigan St.

COCKDIESEL 06-17-2014 07:39 PM

Yeah as someone mentioned the bowls aren't tiered the way they used to be. The conference will assign schools to bowls instead of what place you came in.

BlueHerons 06-17-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4184606)

I live in Fort Lauderdale and if we can't play for it all, I hope it is the Orange Bowl.

jrussjr 06-17-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueHerons (Post 4184995)
I live in Fort Lauderdale and if we can't play for it all, I hope it is the Orange Bowl.

Never been to South Florida except for a port of call in Key West, an Orange Bowl trip would be nice. However, I also want us in the playoffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscgamecocks88 06-17-2014 10:41 PM

It'd be weird to play for something that involves the color Orange but if we win it would be huge for the program

BlueHerons 06-17-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4184620)

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 (Post 4184633)
All 300 of them

Hahaha!

In all fairness, Miami's stadium is about 25 miles from campus and the Orange Bowl is actually headquartered in Fort Lauderdale and not Miami.

The student body would probably have an easier time getting up 95 to Jacksonville than dicking around with the turnpike all the way out into the Everglades.

TerryP 06-18-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCohioBoy (Post 4184649)
Never did, just pointing it out. SDS is another Bleacher Report.

They're both sports sites.
They're both on the Internet.

And the comparisons stop there in my eyes.

SDS does a good job of being a sports news aggregating site. They offer some original content—a very small amount when compared to BR.

lake-cityCOCK89 06-18-2014 09:03 AM

Just another example of a writer that has no idea whats going on.