CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ...From 49ers Camp (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207405)

GregoryHouse 06-18-2014 08:49 PM

...From 49ers Camp
 
Marcus Lattimore looks noticeably better and more explosive than he did two weeks ago when he was recovering from a hamstring strain. He caught an out pass early in practice and burst up field. It's hard to say whether Lattimore is 100 percent – I've never seen him practice in person until last month – but he certainly is making progress.

Fellow South Carolinian Bruce Ellington had a strong practice while working both wide and out of the slot. He’s extremely quick and slippery when the ball is in his hands.


:wink:

GregoryHouse 06-18-2014 08:52 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
....from Cleveland...


Quarterback Connor Shawhttp://www.clevelandbrowns.com/asset...ticle-link.gif is still a little raw, but you can clearly see improvement on his end. A mobile quarterback at South Carolina, Shaw has become more comfortable making quick throws while not scampering around. The one good thing going forward about his mobility: he would be an excellent practice simulator of quarterbacks like Jake Locker, E.J. Manual and even to a degree Cam Newton – all on the Browns’ 2014 schedule. Plus practice reps against the first-team Browns defense will continue to help Shaw.

Tolley 06-19-2014 07:41 AM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Thanks for the updates GH!

uscGRAD04 06-19-2014 09:24 AM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4185880)
....from Cleveland...


Quarterback Connor Shawhttp://www.clevelandbrowns.com/asset...ticle-link.gif is still a little raw, but you can clearly see improvement on his end. A mobile quarterback at South Carolina, Shaw has become more comfortable making quick throws while not scampering around. The one good thing going forward about his mobility: he would be an excellent practice simulator of quarterbacks like Jake Locker, E.J. Manual and even to a degree Cam Newton – all on the Browns’ 2014 schedule. Plus practice reps against the first-team Browns defense will continue to help Shaw.



I'd take that. There are a lot worse ways to make a living.

Jethro Beaver 06-19-2014 01:47 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
:clap::wink: Proud of these guys and all of our Gamecocks in the pros!!

rolinb1 06-19-2014 01:50 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Sounds Good GH!

ucan'tlickourcocks 06-19-2014 04:34 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
For the life of me, I can't believe how many teams passed on Bruce.......

And I live for Marcus Lattimore's first regular season carry!

GregoryHouse 08-02-2014 07:16 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
....from Cleveland....

The Browns held their family day scrimmage today and unfortunately Connor Shaw did not have a good showing. He threw a pair of interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown.

Connor Shaw takes 1st snap; throws INT to Zac Diles; takes it 30 yards for pick 6

Shaw throws another INT; Craig Robertson w/ pick, fumbles & Jacobbi McDaniel scooped it up and ran it in for the TD

Shaw was 0-3 on the day with 2INTs that lead directly to points for the defense.

TonyVercetti 08-02-2014 07:19 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Ouch.

GregoryHouse 08-02-2014 07:52 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
....in Houston....


Texans rookie Jadeveon Clowney exited practice Saturday, dealing with what appeared to be a right leg injury.


…Clowney lifted his right leg several times and ice was applied. He eventually left practice on a cart.

The extent of the injury is unknown yet, and being taken off on a cart might be more of a precaution than a sign of severity. Until more is known though, Texans fans certainly will be praying for good news.

GregoryHouse 08-04-2014 09:20 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Meanwhile, the 49ers waived/injured Kendall Hunter and signed another running back, Glenn Winston from Michigan State. The 49ers can add Hunter, who tore an ACL last month, to injured reserve once he clears waivers.
With Hunter, LaMichael James (elbow) and Marcus Lattimore (knee) out with injuries, and with Frank Gore unlikely to get any carries in the preseason, the 49ers need more bodies at running back. Hyde, Jewel Hampton, Alfonso Smith and Winston will get the carries in Thursday's preseason opener.

uscGRAD04 08-04-2014 09:33 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Ugh. This would be perfect time for Lattimore to show his stuff

GregoryHouse 08-21-2014 09:38 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Second-year running back Marcus Lattimorehttp://www.49ers.com/assets/nflimg/i...ticle-link.gif is still rehabbing and has not been activated to practice.

Roman said Lattimore is improving each day.

"He’s looking good," the coordinator said. "Our training staff are the people to ask on that if you want to get specifics... They’re putting him through a lot of change of direction stuff, hard-type cutting. He’s looking good."

Lattimore remains on the Active/Non-Football Injury List.

b381l 08-21-2014 09:40 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4232511)
Second-year running back Marcus Lattimorehttp://www.49ers.com/assets/nflimg/i...ticle-link.gif is still rehabbing and has not been activated to practice.

Roman said Lattimore is improving each day.

"He’s looking good," the coordinator said. "Our training staff are the people to ask on that if you want to get specifics... They’re putting him through a lot of change of direction stuff, hard-type cutting. He’s looking good."

Lattimore remains on the Active/Non-Football Injury List.

mid-season GH....

burr 08-25-2014 01:17 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
This aint exactly from 49ers camp but I'm not one to start many threads - so am I the only Carolina fan that watched the niner game yesterday ?

Bruuuuce had a great game, made catches, ran a 5 yd gain from the slot and generally demanded respect, and the announcers were crazy about him.

Also saw Latti on the sidelines on a couple extended type shots - he was in t-shirt and hat; one shot, he was congradulating a TE after a TD and next he was sitting on the bench with several others, both times, it kinda made me sad but I'm always looking for him; he'll be back.

Frisco has some rbs.

JoeCock 08-25-2014 09:43 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burr (Post 4235399)
This aint exactly from 49ers camp but I'm not one to start many threads - so am I the only Carolina fan that watched the niner game yesterday ?

Bruuuuce had a great game, made catches, ran a 5 yd gain from the slot and generally demanded respect, and the announcers were crazy about him.
.

I saw the plays Bruce made and the announcers were definitely "Talking Him Up".:clap:

rosstheboss 08-25-2014 10:17 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Adam Schefter-
49ers placed RB Marcus Lattimore on reserve/NFI, sidelining him for at least six regular-season games, per league source....

GregoryHouse 08-25-2014 10:20 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YVHP6VRPqc...my-mcnulty.gif

Gamecocks1137 08-25-2014 10:21 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosstheboss (Post 4235981)
Adam Schefter-
49ers placed RB Marcus Lattimore on reserve/NFI, sidelining him for at least six regular-season games, per league source....

If he is ready to play, let him play. The longer the delay the more mental aspect he has to overcome.

Coulwoodwarlord 08-25-2014 11:08 PM

Re: ...From 49ers Camp
 
Not hearing anything from Marcus gives me a bad feeling.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.