CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Proving Ground (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2016 - Kyree Campbell (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207438)

CoverTwo 06-20-2014 12:17 AM

2016 - Kyree Campbell

Quote:

6/10/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Kyree Campbell
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

The Yancey 01-31-2015 04:56 PM

Re: 2016 - Kyree Campbell

Adam Friedman ‏@RivalsFriedman 17m17 minutes ago
#SCarolina is also hosting 2016 4-star DL Kyree Campbell @CampbellKyree13 @GCChrisClark @WesMitchellGC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8tKIzgCYAEZu-W.jpg

weatheredxtown 01-31-2015 05:09 PM

He looks so excited to be there

weatheredxtown 01-31-2015 05:09 PM

Also, I refuse to believe that he's a junior. He looks like a grown ass man.

FLgamecockJAX 07-27-2015 05:06 AM

I'm sure we could offer this young man early playing time. Didn't get to attend our pool party but says we'll receive an official visit. He would sure fill a bit time need.

rrsandersjr 07-27-2015 03:48 PM

In today's sportstalksc,
July 27, 2015 by Phil Kornblut

Kyree Campbell
Highly recruited DL Kyree Campbell (6-5 310) of Woodbridge, VA could not make it to USC’s pool bash last Friday because he had to work a camp at his high school. Campbell did visit USC in late January and will visit again. “They showed me a lot of love down there and kept it real,” Campbell said. “Me and Coach Adams talk frequently. He’s a good dude.” Though he didn’t want to disclose his entire top five, Campbell said USC is in it and will get an official visit. He has been to Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Richmond. Along with USC, he also plans to visit Tennessee, Alabama and North Carolina again as well as Georgia, Ohio State and Penn State. Last season Campbell had 62 tackles and 18 sacks.

uscGRAD04 07-29-2015 09:04 AM

I see where UNC has the last 9 CB's for Kyree....8 of them in the last 10 days.

We need to take care of business with the Tarholes and let him know who the real Carolina is!

donbgamecock 07-29-2015 09:23 AM

Have we cooled on him since Hoke's arrival? I thought we were looking for leaner faster DL. It shows that he has a 5.44 verified 40.

GarnetSwarm1990 07-31-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donbgamecock (Post 4479640)
Have we cooled on him since Hoke's arrival? I thought we were looking for leaner faster DL. It shows that he has a 5.44 verified 40.

Kyree may not be a "pass rushing" DT from a 40 time standpoint but if you watch him doing one on one drills at camps from earlier this year, he has a quick first step for a guy his size. I think that is more important for a interior D-lineman. He probably is more overweight than our coaches would like our DT's to be but that's not a bad problem as of right now. Personally, I think he needs to work on using his hands. From his Hudl film, it looks to me like he just uses his superior size to win at the high school level. I would certainly love to have him and Dexter lawrence as a DT haul for this year.

And, we did get a crystal ball prediction for him today.

b381l 07-31-2015 02:38 AM

in the past, we've had a hard time pulling players out of Va......with all the hard work, Deke's effort is really starting to pay dividends.

deciding this Monday.....

gamecockclint 07-31-2015 08:48 AM

b381,

You think we have a legit shot here? I found it interesting that we got a CB pick yesterday.

Rooster'srule 07-31-2015 10:15 AM

Don Callahan
Inside Carolina Rectum
This story was originally published on InsideCarolinaRectum.com.

One of UNCheat's top defensive tackle targets is ready to announce his decision.
Coincidence or harbinger? Shortly after concluding his latest visit to UNCheat, Kyree Campbell moved up his announcement date to Monday.

“I just had a phone conference with Kyree Campbell and his mother,” Woodbridge (Va.) head coach Gary Wortham said. “He will make his announcement after practice Monday at 1pm.”

Campbell, a 6-foot-3, 310-pound defensive tackle from Woodbridge (Va.), spent Thursday afternoon at UNCheat with his mother and grandmother. That visits was his mother’s and grandmother’s first to Chaped Hole.

Shortly thereafter, Campbell posted a top five schools list consisting of Alabama, Auburn, UNCheat, The University of South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Earlier in the week, Campbell narrowed his coast-to-coast scholarship offer list down to a dozen schools – Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, UNCheat, NC State, Ohio State, Penn State, The University of South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech – and set Oct. 29 as his announcement date.

After attending Fedora’s Freak Show in June, a hyped up Campbell revealed that UNCheat was his favorite and that he nearly committed during the “Who’s Next?” portion of the camp (i.e. when Larry Fedora asked the campers who would like to commit to UNCheat).

Campbell has also attended a junior day and a football game (the back-and-forth victory over Georgia Tech) at UNCheat.

Besides UNCheat, Campbell has visited Alabama, Auburn, Maryland, Ohio State, The University of South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech.

Despite growing up in northern Virginia, Campbell was raised a UNCheat fan, a trait that was passed down to him by his father. :thumbs:

b381l 07-31-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockclint (Post 4480918)
b381,

You think we have a legit shot here? I found it interesting that we got a CB pick yesterday.

I haven't read enough about him to know.....but what I have seen is KC picking UNC.

lilhornet 07-31-2015 12:32 PM

Think he's headed to Chapel Hill.