CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207462)

ZenUSC 06-20-2014 04:47 PM

Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Carlos Hyde 6-0, 230 out of OSU is turning heads in San Fan. Can a rehabbing Lattimore get healthy fast enough to compete for a spot on the 49er backfield while Hyde is going full speed ahead? The bruising OSU RB has been a fearsome pass target out the backfield as well.
Lattimore has been absent from the teams web site news blog since nursing muscle soreness around his knee a few weeks ago in OTAs. Lattimore will be in Columbia this weekend so hopefully we can hear from the RB himself about how his 1st season as a 49er is progressing.
It looks like SF drafted Hyde and Lattimore in the hopes that one will emerge as a force in a power running game this fall. Will SF keep both? It depends on how fast Lattimore gets up to speed but no doubt he has competition.

Thenardier 06-20-2014 05:34 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Link the article you got that from

ZenUSC 06-20-2014 05:54 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
http://www.49ers.com/ I did not get it from a single article. I have been reading the 49er web site as my post clearly stated. I have been following Lattimore's progress for a month. My post is a synopsis of a months reading. You can go back through their archives and see what I have been reading if you like. I thought I might save you some time and effort though and tell you what the web site has been saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4187385)
Link the article you got that from


trapper82 06-20-2014 06:10 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4187361)
Carlos Hyde 6-0, 230 out of OSU is turning heads in San Fan. Can a rehabbing Lattimore get healthy fast enough to compete for a spot on the 49er backfield while Hyde is going full speed ahead? The bruising OSU RB has been a fearsome pass target out the backfield as well.
Lattimore has been absent from the teams web site news blog since nursing muscle soreness around his knee a few weeks ago in OTAs. Lattimore will be in Columbia this weekend so hopefully we can hear from the RB himself about how his 1st season as a 49er is progressing.
It looks like SF drafted Hyde and Lattimore in the hopes that one will emerge as a force in a power running game this fall. Will SF keep both? It depends on how fast Lattimore gets up to speed but no doubt he has competition.

Isn't this technically Lattimore's second season as a 49er?

Given the age of Gore and the uncertainty of James, I can't imagine them even thinking of letting Lattimore go.

B-G 06-20-2014 06:42 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Just wondering, what is the uncertainty of James?

They also have Kendall Hunter who proved to be a good change of pace back to gore.

But mostly Kaepernick and Gore were getting the chances to run the ball.

ZenUSC 06-20-2014 07:02 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4187417)
Just wondering, what is the uncertainty of James?

They also have Kendall Hunter who proved to be a good change of pace back to gore.

But mostly Kaepernick and Gore were getting the chances to run the ball.

It looks like Carlos Hyde is a definite keeper already. Lattimore will need more time. I am unaware if he is where he wants to be physically. That has not been determined yet. It looks like he is being patient until he is physically acclimated. SF knows his potential and his situation. Hyde has the advantage of being healthy now. A SF offense with a healthy Hyde and a healthy Lattimore could win a super bowl. There is big drama in these two RBs.

Thenardier 06-20-2014 07:12 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4187361)
Carlos Hyde 6-0, 230 out of OSU is turning heads in San Fan. Can a rehabbing Lattimore get healthy fast enough to compete for a spot on the 49er backfield while Hyde is going full speed ahead? The bruising OSU RB has been a fearsome pass target out the backfield as well.
Lattimore has been absent from the teams web site news blog since nursing muscle soreness around his knee a few weeks ago in OTAs. Lattimore will be in Columbia this weekend so hopefully we can hear from the RB himself about how his 1st season as a 49er is progressing.
It looks like SF drafted Hyde and Lattimore in the hopes that one will emerge as a force in a power running game this fall. Will SF keep both? It depends on how fast Lattimore gets up to speed but no doubt he has competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4187394)
http://www.49ers.com/ I did not get it from a single article. I have been reading the 49er web site as my post clearly stated. I have been following Lattimore's progress for a month. My post is a synopsis of a months reading. You can go back through their archives and see what I have been reading if you like. I thought I might save you some time and effort though and tell you what the web site has been saying.

How does that clearly state you were reading the 49er website? It sounded more like a campy Batman episode. Can Lattimore get healthy enough? Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat day!

ZenUSC 06-20-2014 07:26 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4187425)
How does that clearly state you were reading the 49er website? It sounded more like a campy Batman episode. Can Lattimore get healthy enough? Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat day!

Well yea Nardier; I made my post humorous and informative. I'm surprised you caught that. What is it that you really want to argue about? I don't get it man. Settle down. If you know anything about the SF 49s tell us.

HeadCockFan 06-20-2014 07:49 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
This thread has been narded.

ConwayGamecock 06-20-2014 09:02 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Thenardier at his computer:

http://f2.thejournal.ie/media/2014/01/rage-11.gif


"BE MOAR PACIFIC!!!!!"

Regalcock 06-20-2014 09:36 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4187471)
Thenardier at his computer:

http://f2.thejournal.ie/media/2014/01/rage-11.gif


"BE MOAR PACIFIC!!!!!"

:rotfl:

That was pretty good.


I hate that Latti is struggling with the injuries still. Hope he gets it right soon.

Order 66 06-20-2014 09:58 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
How that punk DB tackled Marcus still pisses me off.

If it doesn't work out for Marcus, I hope he comes back to the sidelines in Columbia.

Gamecocks1137 06-20-2014 11:13 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4187504)
How that punk DB tackled Marcus still pisses me off.

If it doesn't work out for Marcus, I hope he comes back to the sidelines in Columbia.

I believe it will work out for Marcus in the long run. NFL coaches can play head games too, every site I have read says nothing of the knee being sore/irritated. Think its a bunch of BS if you ask me.

JoeMorrisonLives 06-20-2014 11:41 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Order 66 (Post 4187504)
How that punk DB tackled Marcus still pisses me off.

If it doesn't work out for Marcus, I hope he comes back to the sidelines in Columbia.

Bet he could out recruit Sands.

ZenUSC 06-20-2014 11:57 PM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Marcus said the muscles around the knee were sore as he gets into football shape. It was not a knee issue. This was two weeks ago. He could be ok now.

Taylorspur 06-21-2014 12:10 AM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
The last thing I read was that he was getting used to making his cuts and getting his field vision back and said all he needed was to get hit so he could bounce back up. The best to him.

Gamecocks1137 06-21-2014 12:13 AM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Lattimore going to get sum this year. I can't wait to see the greatest back in Carolina history run again.

trapper82 06-21-2014 02:41 AM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4187417)
Just wondering, what is the uncertainty of James?

They also have Kendall Hunter who proved to be a good change of pace back to gore.

But mostly Kaepernick and Gore were getting the chances to run the ball.

James isn't happy with his role and at one point, wasn't in voluntary camps as I recall hearing. If he and Gore go, that's Hunter, Lattimore and Hyde. A good three for sure but that's a standard rotation these days.

Gamecocks1137 06-21-2014 03:48 AM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper82 (Post 4187622)
James isn't happy with his role and at one point, wasn't in voluntary camps as I recall hearing. If he and Gore go, that's Hunter, Lattimore and Hyde. A good three for sure but that's a standard rotation these days.

Lattimore will be number one before the camp is over.

crowcutta 06-21-2014 08:44 AM

Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde
 
both lattimore and hyde will definitely be on the team. james would probably be the first one to go if all the backs are healthy. what he's shown so far is the most you'll ever get out of him. lattimore, hyde, and hunter all have much higher ceilings on this level as nfl backs. i wonder what weight lattimore is going to try to play at.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.